RIP to all fatbike owners who wanted a Kindernay

loamoaf

Region
USA
I wanted to place an order now that their Onesie shifter is available, but of course they've discontinued their fat 190/197 XIV, and have no plans to develop a 190/197 fat version of the VII. I emailed them asking about the fat hubs and that was the response I got.

1633372689352.png

Yet another heartbreak in my build's progress - I was so excited to learn about Kindernay over a year ago when I was trying to find a thru-axle solution since Rholoff isn't feasible. Now I just have to stick to cassette & chain until someone else wants to show fatbikers some love.

I just contacted them too and they responded with about the same. I hoped they will develop FAT version of Kindernay VII because of I planned to buy a fat e-bike and VII has higher gear ratio than XIV and it is possible to achieve higher speed with VII. I currently use regular Kindernay XIV with my Yamaha PW-X powered eMTB and I love it, I had it for a year and a half already.

Fat bikes became popular relatively quickly, but their presence has all but vanished and returned to a niche market.

Outside of acoustic bikes, the only other place Fat tires are continuing to sell is the lower end E-bike space. Unfortunately the vast majority of people buying a $1,500 e-bike won't overlap with people that want to upgrade a $1,000+ internal hub.

Bad news, Kindernay does not sell any gear hubs anymore, even the new Kindernay VII. The Kindernay web page says it is out of stock. I was going to purchase Kindernay VII and and emailed Kindernay with a question when the Kindernay VII will be available and got response they are not capable to deliver new orders at the moment and they are working hard to deliver the existing orders so they do not accept new orders for know and do not know when the gear hubs will be available for purchase again.

Just a week ago I saw Kindernay VII was available for purchase on their website.

They recommender https://www.cyclemonkey.com for purchasing Kindernay gear hubs but I do not see the purchase page for any Kindernay parts on their website and they did not respond on email.

Last edited:
Back