Riese And Muller Nevo 2020 ( Electrical questions )

Dima

Region
Other
Greetings from Belarus ! I just have bought Raise And Muller Nevo (2020 ) . And have some questions :
1 Is it possible to install additional battery myself ? (500 ,625 )
2 Bosh monitor shows that battery fully charged , but when i charge battery outside the bike the level of charging changes between 4 and 5 .
3 Bosh monitor shows sometimes when is displayed fully charged icon , that maximum range for eco 80 km, sometimes 104 km ( is it okay ?)
4 Is it possible to do maintenance of the bike also myself ( if i buy equipment for diagnostic )
I think maybe the reason of behaviour above is firmware of the bike estimate the capacity of the battery wrong . Tnx for the answers and help in advance !:)
Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 13.42.17.png

yes it sounds normal and no you can't get the software yourself. but it would be a good idea to get it updated.

i need an instruction and all necessary parts to retrofit second battery myself) , every small step and item :)

First r@M does not sell parts. You would first need to know if you Ould even mount a second battery. then find all the parts and that may be impossible. then the motor has to be dropped to run the wiring and it would need to be setup for two batteries by a dealer.

First r@M does not sell parts. You would first need to know if you Ould even mount a second battery. then find all the parts and that may be impossible. then the motor has to be dropped to run the wiring and it would need to be setup for two batteries by a dealer.
tnx a lot! a bit sad news , not so easy to cross the border in my country now to visit Europe ))) it looks like i just should carry the second and third battery by myself as luggage in the travel bags )

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-21 at 20.51.36.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-21 at 20.51.36.png
    696.6 KB · Views: 103
Power cable for Bosch Powerpack battery (ebike24.com)

https://www.ebike24.com/bosch-e-bik...me-battery-active-performance?number=1122-001

Bosch E-Bike Cover Cap for Frame Battery Charging Socket (ebike24.com)

https://www.ebike24.com/bosch-e-bike-cover-cap-for-frame-battery-charging-socket

Pin cover for Bosch eBike battery holder (ebike24.com)

https://www.ebike24.com/bosch-e-bike-pin-cover-to-protect-contact-pins

Bosch E-Bike mounting set for frame battery pack - Active / Performance (ebike24.com)

https://www.ebike24.com/bosch-e-bike-holder-frame-battery-active-performance

Bosch Active/ Performance frame battery holder (ebike24.com)

https://www.ebike24.com/bosch-holder-set-frame-battery-active-performance

BOSCH EBIKE Dualbattery Kit Y-adapter - 515/430mm (ebike24.com)

https://www.ebike24.com/2017-bosch-dual-battery-y-cable-for-double-battery-capacity

Lock cover for Bosch Active/ Performance battery (ebike24.com)

https://www.ebike24.com/bosch-e-bike-frame-battery-lock-plastic-case-active-performance

Lock for Bosch Active Performance frame battery (ebike24.com)

https://www.ebike24.com/bosch-abus-ebike-frame-battery-lock-cylinder-battery-lock-active-performance

Bosch PowerPack 500 Wh frame battery (eBike24.com)

https://www.ebike24.com/bosch-power-pack-500-frame-battery
Please someone check , is it enough to install the second battery , how difficult is it ?

These videos may help you understand the process of what you are wishing to do

How do add a second battery to your ebike! - Complete Guide! - YouTube

How to add a 2ND BATTERY to your electric bike (Safely) - YouTube

Here is a thread of someone else wanting to do this

(1) Adding a second battery to a Nevo3 | Electric Bike Forums - Q&A, Help, Reviews and Maintenance (electricbikereview.com)

That said Riese and Mueller is known for making it very difficult to change anything to their bike. So it is very possible you could run into Software issue and they will not help you with any customizations.

(1) Adding a second battery to a Nevo3 | Electric Bike Forums - Q&A, Help, Reviews and Maintenance (electricbikereview.com)

That said Riese and Mueller is known for making it very difficult to change anything to their bike. So it is very possible you could run into Software issue and they will not help you with any customizations.
Tnx a lot!!!

if i install additional battery , should i change something in bosch system ( i mean kinda of additional settings via diagnostic port to set bosch electronic properly

It depends how you implement the second battery.
If you mount the second battery but only connect one battery at a time, by disconnecting the used battery when empty and connecting the fresh one, and if the second battery is the same as the first one and a Bosch battery, there should be nothing needed.
If you use a battery combiner that allows you to connect both battery at the same time but keep the same voltage for the combined battery, it should not matter for the controller.

Worst normally the battery charge capacity indicator may not be accurate.

But you never know if Bosch has implemented something that would detect the non Bosch battery and cause problem.
And as far as I know, there is no way to touch the Bosch programing except with dealer tools

If you mount the second battery but only connect one battery at a time, by disconnecting the used battery when empty and connecting the fresh one, and if the second battery is the same as the first one and a Bosch battery, there should be nothing needed.
If you use a battery combiner that allows you to connect both battery at the same time but keep the same voltage for the combined battery, it should not matter for the controller.

But you never know if Bosch has implemented something that would detect the non Bosch battery and cause problem.
And as far as I know, there is no way to touch the Bosch programing except with dealer tools
tnx a lot! i am going to use bosch batteries only , like this ( i contacted with R&M they said 625 also okay ) . In frame i have 500 , so i am going to install this one 545 but maybe 725 also ok ? What do you think ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 23.09.13.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 23.09.13.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 23.09.17.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 23.09.17.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 74
Again the key is how do you plan to connect them.
One at a time, or Both together with a combiner unit.

looks like some of them incompatible as a dual battery

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 09.07.27.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 09.07.27.png
    561.7 KB · Views: 81
hmm what is the real difference between these two

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 09.27.07.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 09.27.07.png
    546.8 KB · Views: 85
hmm what is the real difference between these two
Only the top charger is compatible with your bike. It charges at a rate of 6A. The lower charger is a 4A charger compatible (different plug) with Bosch's recently introduced 'Smart System,' which did not exist at the time of your bike's manufacture.

The dealer software is quite limited; I would not make much effort to obtain it.

For the 2020 Nevo, I believe the supported second battery options were 500W PowerPack on the frame or the 500W rack battery. The hardware/cables are available online, but I believe you would need to flash the firmware, which only R&M can do (over the internet). Although you don't have dealer support in Belarus, I'm not sure they would approve the modification in any circumstance. All you can do is ask!

Only the top charger is compatible with your bike. It charges at a rate of 6A. The lower charger is a 4A charger compatible (different plug) with Bosch's recently introduced 'Smart System,' which did not exist at the time of your bike's manufacture.

The dealer software is quite limited; I would not make much effort to obtain it.

For the 2020 Nevo, I believe the supported second battery options were 500W PowerPack on the frame or the 500W rack battery. The hardware/cables are available online, but I believe you would need to flash the firmware, which only R&M can do (over the internet). Although you don't have dealer support in Belarus, I'm not sure they would approve the modification in any circumstance. All you can do is ask!
tnx!

looks like some of them incompatible as a dual battery
This has to do with Bosch dual battery system.
You are not going to be using Bosch dual battery system as you don't have it, so it may not matter.
But it may be an indication that you could run into problems when trying to do what you want.

Back