Ride1Up 700 Series e-bike

fisherman10

Just got mine yesterday and put it together this morning.Amazing for $1400 for all the features you get.Whats not to like for that kind of money.Only put 3 miles on it today still getting over a sickness.I will report back when I have had more time to play on it .My buddy came over to check it out and said it looked like something from the movie mad max whatever that is supposed to mean lol!!!!

Last edited:
I just got mine yesterday, it’s been great so far! Assembly took a couple of hours (this was my first bike assembly), took it out for a 15 mile ride this morning. Everything working smoothly.

The throttle gets you up to 20 mph by itself, Pedal assist with no effort (just spinning the cranks) goes to around 25, anything above that is mostly your legs. The fastest I can go while sitting and pumping hard is about 27. Standing up I can hit 28.

Attachments

• BC254945-03F4-4D1B-986D-E95487E67607.jpeg
    BC254945-03F4-4D1B-986D-E95487E67607.jpeg
    489.3 KB · Views: 1,133
How hard is it to pedal with no assist? Could you get home for 10 miles or so, if you deplete the battery or have an electrical failure?

It’s definitely doable. It’s a pretty heavy bike, and there’s a little bit of resistance from the motor, but it’s not too bad. Effort-wise it feels a lot like a normal bike loaded with cargo.

I got a chance to really check out the XR 700 bike today.I rode for about 13 miles testing the throttle and pedal assist and all of it's features.The ride is very smooth and solid bike feels well balanced.No rattles or vibrations noticed.Front and rear integrated lights are a nice edition with the front light being fairly bright I would guess somewhere around 200 to 300 lumens.Love the higher capacity battery only 2 bars down on the original charge.Brakes are strong and responsive especially for a heavier bike.Seat is comfortable not sure if I am going to upgrade to a suspension seat due to the fact the wider tires really make this thing a joy to ride.Overall I am very impressed for a bike under $1500.I came very close in buying the aventon pace 500 due to the fact there were not any reviews on the 700 at the time that I purchased it.Bigger battery that's integrated,front suspension,front and rear light wired to the battery, metal fenders rear rack and color lcd.Good job on this bike ride1up for this kind of money.I guess time will tell on the reliability of this bike!

Attachments

• 20191223_233619.jpg
    20191223_233619.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 648
I got a chance to really check out the XR 700 bike today.I rode for about 13 miles testing the throttle and pedal assist and all of it's features.The ride is very smooth and solid bike feels well balanced.No rattles or vibrations noticed.Front and rear integrated lights are a nice edition with the front light being fairly bright I would guess somewhere around 200 to 300 lumens.Love the higher capacity battery only 2 bars down on the original charge.Brakes are strong and responsive especially for a heavier bike.Seat is comfortable not sure if I am going to upgrade to a suspension seat due to the fact the wider tires really make this thing a joy to ride.Overall I am very impressed for a bike under $1500.I came very close in buying the aventon pace 500 due to the fact there were not any reviews on the 700 at the time that I purchased it.Bigger battery that's integrated,front suspension,front and rear light wired to the battery, metal fenders rear rack and color lcd.Good job on this bike ride1up for this kind of money.I guess time will tell on the reliability of this bike!
Yes; based on Court's review and your comments it does seem like a very nice bike with good value. The St (Step-Through) particularly looks very refined for this price point. I think they have found a winner in the 700 series.

Based on the review I ordered on of the 700 xr model last week. It was shipped out very quickly and arrived in just a couple of days. The packing was excellent. I have a lot of years wrenching on bikes so the assembly was very easy. The most challenging part for novices will be installing the fork and eliminating any brake pad rubbing. The only issue I will call out is the back wheel was out of true and had inconsistent spoke tension. I have a truing stand so pretty easy for me to fix that but for those without I would definitely recommend getting the wheels checked out by a bike shop. I have about 100 miles on it so far with a mix of pavement and gravel. I love the tires on this bike the super moto roll nice on pavement but still have lots of grip in the gravel. The frame, rack, and battery integration are very nice. I own several bikes and I think this looks just as good if not better than some bikes from the major bike manufacturers. I am going to swap out the front chain ring with a 40t to lower the overall gearing a bit as I live in a very hilly area and like to ride on lower levels of assistance. I am 5'10" and the bike fit for me is near perfect. The brakes, shifter, throttle, etc all work great. My only concern is how many miles I will get out of the hub motor. Though I guess that would be fairly inexpensive to swap out.

Attachments

• IMG_4117 2.jpg
    IMG_4117 2.jpg
    768.1 KB · Views: 675
Based on the review I ordered on of the 700 xr model last week. [....] I love the tires on this bike the super moto roll nice on pavement but still have lots of grip in the gravel. The frame, rack, and battery integration are very nice. I own several bikes and I think this looks just as good if not better than some bikes from the major bike manufacturers. [.....]
Nice Choice! It really is a great looking bike!

I’m 5’11”, it fits just fine. It’s pretty much perfect for sharing with my 5’3” wife.

If it was just me, I might get something to raise the handlebars a bit, but it’s very usable as-is.

Based on the review I ordered on of the 700 xr model last week. It was shipped out very quickly and arrived in just a couple of days. The packing was excellent. I have a lot of years wrenching on bikes so the assembly was very easy. The most challenging part for novices will be installing the fork and eliminating any brake pad rubbing. The only issue I will call out is the back wheel was out of true and had inconsistent spoke tension. I have a truing stand so pretty easy for me to fix that but for those without I would definitely recommend getting the wheels checked out by a bike shop. I have about 100 miles on it so far with a mix of pavement and gravel. I love the tires on this bike the super moto roll nice on pavement but still have lots of grip in the gravel. The frame, rack, and battery integration are very nice. I own several bikes and I think this looks just as good if not better than some bikes from the major bike manufacturers. I am going to swap out the front chain ring with a 40t to lower the overall gearing a bit as I live in a very hilly area and like to ride on lower levels of assistance. I am 5'10" and the bike fit for me is near perfect. The brakes, shifter, throttle, etc all work great. My only concern is how many miles I will get out of the hub motor. Though I guess that would be fairly inexpensive to swap out.
I was thinking that Myself > Hub Motors are an easy swap > Not to happy to hear your wheel was off > A good truing setup is $300.00 When you say it's on par with other bikes more costly : Mind dropping some names ? I'm an even 6 foot : Tried a M/L como and would want the X-large : Just curious

Awesome photo Doug, can we use it!? =D

I was thinking that Myself > Hub Motors are an easy swap > Not to happy to hear your wheel was off > A good truing setup is $300.00 When you say it's on par with other bikes more costly : Mind dropping some names ? I'm an even 6 foot : Tried a M/L como and would want the X-large : Just curious

Hello, In terms of the polish of the frame and battery integration into the frame I would say the ride1up is on par with my trek powerfly and much better than my bulls evo 29er. I think you could make this bike work for you at 6 ft. A bit longer stem and perhaps remove a few spacers from under the stem to lower the bars a bit.

Back