Reviews of trek allant +7

New user

I’m new to this forum and was thinking of purchasing the trek allant +7. But I’m not sure if I want the +7 or the 7S? Has anyone purchase these bikes and can give some perspective on the two models. I currently ride a verve plus and to me there’s very little power to it. But how good is the cx motor compare to the speed motor? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mark.

I’m new to this forum and was thinking of purchasing the trek allant +7. But I’m not sure if I want the +7 or the 7S? Has anyone purchase these bikes and can give some perspective on the two models. I currently ride a verve plus and to me there’s very little power to it. But how good is the cx motor compare to the speed motor? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mark.
Look in the Trek brand forum...

I am a Trek dealer owner (not the bike tech) - I recently upgraded my own Allant+7 from Purion to the Smartphonehub and wanted to lay out a few caveats and possible reasons for getting this done at your Trek dealer. Upgrading the display is literally plug-n-play but the big issue is cable routing. To do this you must completely loosen both the upper and lower battery (RIB) docks and re-align those. This requires a set of Torx security bits (5nm). You will need to drop the drive unit (especially the rear bolts) which requires a special Torx Plus bit and of course, a torque wrench (20nm). The battery docks can be tricky to re-align and there is a procedure floating around on these forums. As for the statement that the Smartphone hub is not compatible with the "speed" versions of Bosch motors only applies to its use in Europe on the highly regulated Class 3 pedelecs there.

One thing to consider is the 7s gives you the option to have assist at the higher speeds. You do not have to use it if you do not need it. I have the +7s and do not use the assist at speeds above 20 mph very often, but the few times I have needed it, it has been pretty nice. The verve+ is a great bike but not as powerful as the +7 . If your riding style involves lots of hills and or gravel, you may appreciate the more aggressive +7. That was my reason for choosing it.

One thing to consider is the 7s gives you the option to have assist at the higher speeds. You do not have to use it if you do not need it. I have the +7s and do not use the assist at speeds above 20 mph very often, but the few times I have needed it, it has been pretty nice. The verve+ is a great bike but not as powerful as the +7 . If your riding style involves lots of hills and or gravel, you may appreciate the more aggressive +7. That was my reason for choosing it.
Definitely a difference between those two. Torque is key when climbing hills and the Performance Line CX motor clearly has more.

Definitely a difference between those two. Torque is key when climbing hills and the Performance Line CX motor clearly has more.
Both the PLCX and the PL-speed can deliver 85nm of torque and both have up to 340% assist levels. The gearing provided with each version is different but not by much. 46t vs 40t from rings. The EMtb mode is not an available mode on the speed version.

Both the CX and the Speed motors have up to 85nm of torque.

The CX was more specifically designed for EMTBs and thus delivers more torque at lower speeds for climbing back up dirt tracks.

The Speed version uses its highest torque at speeds above 20mph to help the rider sustain speeds in the 20s and overcome the greater wind resistance at higher speed.

Both motors will give a good initial push when starting in a lower gear to help get back up and going if stopped on a hill.

Back