1M has revised their software so that the assist kicks in faster on take off, which is great. Right now, I pedal a full revolution before the assist is applied - which would be fine except I shift up a few gears when using the assist so there is a lot more resistance unless I remember to downshift at stops (which I don't). That's really hard on my knee to have to take off in a very high gear. Nice thing about this system is that shipping the motor back is like shipping something the size of a softball - no wheel, no giant hub unit. So in a few weeks I will send it back to be updated, rather than waiting for Jeff to finish the over-the-air update capability. They can fluff my motor's aura while it's there =). I can see the huge advantage of a modular component system like this; priority shipping will be like $10 as opposed to $30-40 or more to send back a permanently integrated part.

Years ago, I worked in a series of box offices. At one box office for a major-city symphony, our box office manager explained that EVERY seat had a selling point, a story that put the seat in a good light so that a potential customer could feel good about buying that seat. Front row? You can really see the conductor. Last row of the top balcony? You see the whole orchestra. Last row on the floor under the balcony? More comfortable seats than the balcony; near the exit for intermission and to beat the crowds back to your car after the performance. Etc.

Will anyone who isn't emotionally invested in OneMotor ever review it?

You can hardly even see the motor but it's there - 25 miles today around the Bay and over to Treasure Island. I got home with just a little juice left (11%) but my friend had dropped her car off for service and they told her she would have to wait 45 minutes extra for the shuttle driver so - I jumped on the bike and rode to pick up the car for her. I set the motor on PAS level 1, and pushed my cadence up to 90rpm so as to not pull many watts from the motor. Made it to the dealer with 5% (barely) left in the tank! Folded my lovely pakiT into the back of the car and drove it back so my friend could still make her appointment.

Attachments

• IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 505
Last edited:
Mounted a Marathon Racer on my pakiT's rear wheel yesterday. This is the same tire I have on the 20" Dahon Mu Uno I ride. The kojak is a softer tire compound and I found the racer seemed to work better with the 1M so wanted to try one on the pakiT. Because of the increased tire volume I had to move my rear brake up to the top mounting hole, and am just barely able to get the pads on the rim without hitting the tire. I suspect all will be okay after a tiny bit of tread wears down; just will watch carefully for now. After one short ride, I definitely noticed a difference. The racer is a bit wider as well as a harder compound, and the motor belt seems to hold perfect engagement with it - with the kojak tire, the engagement degrees would varying while riding, not slipping, but changing pressure. Today will take a longer ride to get a better sense of the difference. The weight difference in the two tires is only 50 grams so no big deal.

Best 1M moment today - some little middle school teen twerps were riding towards me on the bike path and one twerp decide to "play chicken" and try to scare me off the path (a wide path with a dividing line). I turned around and flipped on my motor and hit the throttle...he and his little buddies were pedaling like lunatics as I caught up and two of them peeled off to leave the perp on his own. Caught up to the little twerp and told him he better be careful who he messes with, not everyone is going to just let him go. Scared him I hope. I rarely use the throttle but today it was just the perfect thing, lolz. The expressions on their faces was priceless, ha ha.

Years ago, I worked in a series of box offices. At one box office for a major-city symphony, our box office manager explained that EVERY seat had a selling point, a story that put the seat in a good light so that a potential customer could feel good about buying that seat. Front row? You can really see the conductor. Last row of the top balcony? You see the whole orchestra. Last row on the floor under the balcony? More comfortable seats than the balcony; near the exit for intermission and to beat the crowds back to your car after the performance. Etc.

Will anyone who isn't emotionally invested in OneMotor ever review it?
Hard to find a not emotionally OM owner, and if then OM Team should find the reason for such an odd case.
I'm about to board the plane for intercontinental flight , with my OM. Before deciding to take it with, 2 criteria have to be met: battery endurance and waterproofing. I chose for the test the solid raining day - easy: almost every second day in the Alps this summer is pouring ...
Chose the round trip route with the grade not exceeding 4-5%. Set the contact pressure to MID, Auto mode, PAS to lowest power - off I was on my Brommie. Road deserted, the only noise to hear was from the tyres routing through the water on the road surface and the puddles, motor noiseless and cool with temperatures 17- 20C but my fingertips frozen. Jeff promised min distance battery to make 10 miles = 16 km; hey mate, OM and me beat you by twice, we made 34 km. How about waterproofing? Yes, we came back both soaking wet but no one got any sign of the flu.
I love you, little OneMotor, (oops, I'm emotionally invested) tomorrow you accompany me, Brommie stays behind, Grace is sending me the kickstand mount suitable for almost any regular frame bike - I'm 2-wheel motorised while overseas. Bye bye rainy Alps, till the winter end when we return as the spectators for the world championship in ski jumping at Planica the longest jumping slope, 4 miles padeling the grade up to max 8% from my home, piece of cake for my OM 😁
Happy riding, lucky OneMotor owners!!! 😊

Hard to find a not emotionally OM owner, and if then OM Team should find the reason for such an odd case.
I'm about to board the plane for intercontinental flight , with my OM. Before deciding to take it with, 2 criteria have to be met: battery endurance and waterproofing. I chose for the test the solid raining day - easy: almost every second day in the Alps this summer is pouring ...
Chose the round trip route with the grade not exceeding 4-5%. Set the contact pressure to MID, Auto mode, PAS to lowest power - off I was on my Brommie. Road deserted, the only noise to hear was from the tyres routing through the water on the road surface and the puddles, motor noiseless and cool with temperatures 17- 20C but my fingertips frozen. Jeff promised min distance battery to make 10 miles = 16 km; hey mate, OM and me beat you by twice, we made 34 km. How about waterproofing? Yes, we came back both soaking wet but no one got any sign of the flu.
I love you, little OneMotor, (oops, I'm emotionally invested) tomorrow you accompany me, Brommie stays behind, Grace is sending me the kickstand mount suitable for almost any regular frame bike - I'm 2-wheel motorised while overseas. Bye bye rainy Alps, till the winter end when we return as the spectators for the world championship in ski jumping at Planica the longest jumping slope, 4 miles padeling the grade up to max 8% from my home, piece of cake for my OM 😁
Happy riding, lucky OneMotor owners!!! 😊

I always envisioned taking my bike with the motor traveling, but you made me realize something - I don't always have to do so. The kickstand mount is universal, as you said, and it's a single bolt attachment so super easy to install. It's also automatic in positioning. So, as you said, I can just take my kickstand mount (already on my Dahon) and I can attach 1M to any bike that has a kickstand plate (most do). Even the cruiser bike at the Venice Beach rental I like to stay at....wheeeeeee.

"Hard to find a not emotionally OM owner, and if then OM Team should find the reason for such an odd case."

Sorry, I was being unclear. My question was really: Why haven't we seen any reviews yet from review web sites? I assume it is because OneMotor hasn't sent any out for review--that simple. Since OneMotor can sell all it can make for now apparently, then they do not need any help expanding their market. Not yet anyway (and not while they work on the finishing touches?). Still, I would like to see a third-party review before I buy one.

"Hard to find a not emotionally OM owner, and if then OM Team should find the reason for such an odd case."

Sorry, I was being unclear. My question was really: Why haven't we seen any reviews yet from review web sites? I assume it is because OneMotor hasn't sent any out for review--that simple. Since OneMotor can sell all it can make for now apparently, then they do not need any help expanding their market. Not yet anyway (and not while they work on the finishing touches?). Still, I would like to see a third-party review before I buy one.

EBR (Court) now charges suppliers for reviews. 1M is reinvesting every dime into product improvement (they just bought and installed a new high-end 3d printer). Supplying units to less popular review sites probably isn't going to generate enough to compensate for a lost sale. At some point, they will likely have Court review (he reviewed the Shareroller initially, but his reviews were free at that point, I believe). I thought you had moved on and decided it was too pricey, anyway, doubt you are going to buy one based on all your comments.

I am one of the original backers of Shareroller (now OneMotor) through the Indiego campaign in 2015 and I’ve heard nothing about my order but radio silence since last April. There have been no response to my emails. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I am one of the original backers of Shareroller (now OneMotor) through the Indiego campaign in 2015 and I’ve heard nothing about my order but radio silence since last April. There have been no response to my emails. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Hi. What's your backer #? I can reach out to Grace for you. Fwiw, they are working 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, to get units shipped. It's just the two of them. And - folks
who get more recent units are going to have some improvements baked in; I'm going
to have to send mine back to get the software updates and you will have better mounts. I know waiting sucks' give me your details and I will see if I can get Grace to contact you.

That would be great. Not sure if this ID is the same thing but I found contribution ID 71, 72 and 191. If that’s not the same as the backer # I can keep looking on the Indiego website. Thanks!

That would be great. Not sure if this ID is the same thing but I found contribution ID 71, 72 and 191. If that’s not the same as the backer # I can keep looking on the Indiego website. Thanks!
What name is the order under?

The price is competitive, especially given the ability to use on multiple devices. If it's too pricey for you, then just move on already.
As you probably recall, the price is not the only nor the most important area of concern I have regarding OneMotor's history so far--I do really want to have a OneMotor or something like it--but it has been the nausea-inducing delays upon delays (for years) along with the ever-present "in just another month" communication from OneMotor. The "in just another month" stuff was usually accompanied by a "this is so great! the delay is well worth it! and normal!" post from you, Lin B.

As one of the earliest non-backers, I have a vested emotional interest in OneMotor--very similar to yours, Lin B. You are at an arms-length and deniable remove from OneMotor, apparently, but you are at least a volunteer on their behalf both with your postings (either telling us how fabulous OneMotor is or airily waving off any criticism) and with your helpful calls/emails to OneMotor to intercede on a customer/backer's behalf.

Lin B, don't begrudge me my interest in OneMotor and I won't begrudge you yours.

P.S. I have been commuting to work on an electric scooter for over a year now. I park it next to my desk. It now sells for around $300. I would rather have a OneMotor, I am sure.

Back