Revi bike Cheetah vs. Wicked Thumb McQueen 750

celtic

Hi...New to this forum. Just wondering if anyone had the opportunity to compare or research the Revi Bike Cheetah and the Wicked Thumb McQueen 750 bikes. They look identical with the specs pretty much the same. I think the Wicked Thumb has some nice paint schemes and accessories seem a bit nicer. Prices are pretty close. It looks like they have an option for a front fork with suspension although there are no pictures or prices for that. I have seen a number of Cheetah owners on this forum and you have done some great things to your bikes. Just wondering if anyone bought from Wicked Thumb? I'm going to give them a call shortly. I did try to call Revi Bike and got someone who could not answer my questions about the specific bike. Any input would be appreciated. I'll include the link to the WT site. Thanks. Chris

https://wickedthumb.com/

Very little information on the Wicked Thumb company itself. Very little on their Facebook page too. That's a lot of battery to shove in the top tank.
Full specs are the first thing I look at in a bike. Are you getting what you pay for? The riding position is ´cool´ but doesn´t look very
efficient for pedaling. It´s a nice clean looking motorcycle for power only but could be more practical as a bike.

Last edited:
Very little information on the Wicked Thumb company itself. Very little on their Facebook page too. That's a lot of battery to shove in the top tank.
I think it's the same size as the Cheetah. I will look into it further.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 10.29.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 10.29.49 PM.png
    310.4 KB · Views: 2,888
No idea about Wicked Thumb. I prefer a mid-drive with a more bike-like feel overall, but if I had the room, something like this would make it into to my stable.

Prices are pretty close, because they seem very similarly specc'ed. If I were to get something like this, I'd be customizing at least the "gas tank" with some Ed Big Daddy Roth inspired art for sure. :)

3635ca67f627a9b91592266545b65fdf.jpg

No idea about Wicked Thumb. I prefer a mid-drive with a more bike-like feel overall, but if I had the room, something like this would make it into to my stable.

Prices are pretty close, because they seem very similarly specc'ed. If I were to get something like this, I'd be customizing at least the "gas tank" with some Ed Big Daddy Roth inspired art for sure. :)

3635ca67f627a9b91592266545b65fdf.jpg
Great idea!

Buying is easy. Getting support or replacement parts is hard. Hence the reason and cost for buying from a company located in North America. If you are good at electrical troubleshooting and repair, direct from China gets you something cheaper to start with.

We placed the order on 8/11/20.

Ron w/Wicked Thumb told me that we should have them sometime early October.

One of the bikes was in stock, the second bike (rat rod) had to be built.

I talked to Ron this past Friday, and he said that the 2 should be shipped tomorrow, 10/12/20 via FedEx, and should be to NC by 10/16/20.

I talked to Ron this past Friday, and he said that the 2 should be shipped tomorrow, 10/12/20 via FedEx, and should be to NC by 10/16/20.
Great...Post pictures when you get them.

Its the same ebike as the Cheetah. In Australia, the same Cheetah ebike is offered under a different brand name too.

So the guys at Wicked, probably found the same chinese factory that produces the CIVI via Alibaba, and simply committed to buying enough quantities to be able to choose different colors, and some different components, (i.e. different tires and rims) from the same factory that CIVI (now REVI) gets its ebikes from. A lot of this is going on right now, as the barriers to ebike brand market entry are quite low. As long as you have green US money, the Chinese will knock off and build any frame style of ebike you could ever want. And as long as you have a photo of what you want, or can identify that one brand that you already see actually has a factory that is 3rd party, they are usually willing to build and slap on any logo you wish to pay for. Usually its at least a shipping 'container' load of ebikes, as a minimum quantity, before you can have your logo on it, but the size of that 'container' definition varies depending on the supplier. Its sort of sad to see Wicked (but dumb) Thumb blatantly plagiarize familiar legacy names like "McQueen" and play off of Harley's old "Electra" trademark (i.e. Electra Glide). Zero originality or innovation here at this 'firm'. They also copied a lot of Ruff Cycles (Ruffian models) color scheme combination on the frames versus rims and tires in their models. Sheesh. Reminds me of how Bam Power so blatantly copied Rad Power. Amazing that people would buy this stuff from a firm like this,. I guess if you are going for 'looks' and dont care whether you will be able to get parts or service later on, for when this wicked firm goes belly up, then hey I guess, roll the dice and see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Great...Post pictures when you get them.
Sure will. We're excited to take 'em on a camping trip to Kerr Lake in Virginia for a Halloween weekend!

Attachments

• IMG_7078.jpg
    IMG_7078.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 717
  • IMG_7087.jpg
    IMG_7087.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,881
Its the same ebike as the Cheetah. In Australia, the same Cheetah ebike is offered under a different brand name too.

So the guys at Wicked, probably found the same chinese factory that produces the CIVI via Alibaba, and simply committed to buying enough quantities to be able to choose different colors, and some different components, (i.e. different tires and rims) from the same factory that CIVI (now REVI) gets its ebikes from. A lot of this is going on right now, as the barriers to ebike brand market entry are quite low. As long as you have green US money, the Chinese will knock off and build any frame style of ebike you could ever want. And as long as you have a photo of what you want, or can identify that one brand that you already see actually has a factory that is 3rd party, they are usually willing to build and slap on any logo you wish to pay for. Usually its at least a shipping 'container' load of ebikes, as a minimum quantity, before you can have your logo on it, but the size of that 'container' definition varies depending on the supplier. Its sort of sad to see Wicked (but dumb) Thumb blatantly plagiarize familiar legacy names like "McQueen" and play off of Harley's old "Electra" trademark (i.e. Electra Glide). Zero originality or innovation here at this 'firm'. They also copied a lot of Ruff Cycles (Ruffian models) color scheme combination on the frames versus rims and tires in their models. Sheesh. Reminds me of how Bam Power so blatantly copied Rad Power. Amazing that people would buy this stuff from a firm like this,. I guess if you are going for 'looks' and dont care whether you will be able to get parts or service later on, for when this wicked firm goes belly up, then hey I guess, roll the dice and see what happens.
Mike, don't be such a Debbie Downer!!

When a man buys his
"handicapped," in a wheelchair wife her first e-bike that she likes site unseen, I guess it says one of two things about him.

1- He has a pocket full of money, and don't care how things turn out.

...or

2- He loves her very much, and if it breaks we'll deal with it!

...and I know which answer you think is correct!

Either way, we're first timers on the e-bike trail, and came to this form for help and not a tongue lashing!

Have a good day sir!

Attachments

• IMG_7206.jpg
    IMG_7206.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 492
Mike, don't be such a Debbie Downer!!

When a man buys his
"handicapped," in a wheelchair wife her first e-bike that she likes site unseen, I guess it says one of two things about him.

1- He has a pocket full of money, and don't care how things turn out.

...or

2- He loves her very much, and if it breaks we'll deal with it!

...and I know which answer you think is correct!

Either way, we're first timers on the e-bike trail, and came to this form for help and not a tongue lashing!

Have a good day sir!
There's always one in the group. He must be a riot at parties. Make sure you pass along the pictures!

Back