Replacement seat.

m56ewt

Ok, I am sure there are plenty of posts out there, but I'm going to give this a shot anyway. I am going to replace the stock seats on the two Lectric XP bikes my wife and I are anxiously awaiting. It should be shipping the 3rd week in April. I have researched many and have narrowed it to three. The Bikeroo oversized saddle, the Sunlite Cloud-9 and the most recent Giddy Up saddle. What are everyones thoughts?

Well, modernbike had 3 Sunlite Cloud 9 saddles, not the other two. This one cruiser anatomic www.modernbike.com/product-2126227461 and the cloud 9 cruiser compact are wide enough to engage my hips for upright riding. Don't know how soft they are. Both appear to push the ischii instead of the soft parts forward. 230 mm wide is necessary to engage my ischii, apparently pretty strange for a male. These have a 1/2" shaft fitting, whereas the selle royale respiro relaxed I just bought has 2 rails like a brooks saddle. My bodaboda uses the latter. The bodaboda OEM saddle was awful, high in the middle and sloped down 30 mm on the two sides.
There are male & female saddles. for years all the ones sold in the LBS are pretty straight from front to back, very narrow, and I never bought any of them. Apparently the shop owner stands up all the time when he rides. I'm not doing that. The schwinn saddle shown in the picture left has the right width but a flat contour, and no springs. I've been riding a mesinger I found on a charity resale shop bike, the same width, but more dip from front to back. Some people like a noseless saddle, but I do stop and take my hands off the handlebars occasionally to drink or blow my nose, and a nose on the saddle I find necessary to hold between my legs to keep the bike from falling over.

Last edited:
Well, modernbike had 3 Sunlite Cloud 9 saddles, not the other two. This one cruiser anatomic www.modernbike.com/product-2126227461 and the cloud 9 cruiser compact are wide enough to engage my hips for upright riding. Don't know how soft they are. Both appear to push the ischii instead of the soft parts forward. 230 mm wide is necessary to engage my ischii, apparently pretty strange for a male. These have a 1/2" shaft fitting, whereas the selle royale respiro relaxed I just bought has 2 rails like a brooks saddle. My bodaboda uses the latter. The bodaboda OEM saddle was awful, high in the middle and sloped down 30 mm on the two sides.
There are male & female saddles. for years all the ones sold in the LBS are pretty straight from front to back, very narrow, and I never bought any of them. Apparently the shop owner stands up all the time when he rides. I'm not doing that. The schwinn saddle shown in the picture left has the right width but a flat contour, and no springs. I've been riding a mesinger I found on a charity resale shop bike, the same width, but more dip from front to back. Some people like a noseless saddle, but I do stop and take my hands off the handlebars occasionally to drink or blow my nose, and a nose on the saddle I find necessary to hold between my legs to keep the bike from falling over.

Thanks for your input!

Ok, I am sure there are plenty of posts out there, but I'm going to give this a shot anyway. I am going to replace the stock seats on the two Lectric XP bikes my wife and I are anxiously awaiting. It should be shipping the 3rd week in April. I have researched many and have narrowed it to three. The Bikeroo oversized saddle, the Sunlite Cloud-9 and the most recent Giddy Up saddle. What are everyones thoughts?

I went with Cloud 9 after trying a Bikeroo.

And a heads up on the Cloud 9 seats - there are several models. I didn't know that at first.

Last, a good suspension seat post (NOT a telescoping one) makes more of a change than any seat I've tried.

I went with Cloud 9 after trying a Bikeroo.

And a heads up on the Cloud 9 seats - there are several models. I didn't know that at first.

Last, a good suspension seat post (NOT a telescoping one) makes more of a change than any seat I've tried.

Thanks for the info. My problem with the suspension seat is I believe the only good one for me is the Lectric XP one because I like my seat very high. All the others are only 350 mm or 400 mm. The Lectric suspension post is 500 mm. What is the best cloud 9 seat?

I'm sure opinions will be all over the place, but I'm a big guy, so i went with their biggest.

Back