Lectric upgrades, swaps and insights

Shelley

Region
USA
City
Phoenix, AZ
A little history. These are the 3rd electric bikes that we have owned. We are retired and in our 60's and live in a condo.

We purchased 2 Lectric bikes back in April 2022 after taking a test ride in PHX. I have the white step thru XP 2.0 and hubby has the the regular black XP 2.0.

I really didn't like the straight handlebar after the first home ride. It caused wrist pain and I felt like I was reaching forward. I broke my wrist back in October 2021 and my wrist can't be bent in that position. I ordered a 25 degree sweep-back handlebar from Amazon the next day. What a difference! I sit totally upright now and my wrists are loving this relaxed position. I also feel more in control with the new handlebar.

We swapped out the saddle for a gel Serfas that I had on my old bike.

The cockpit is still a little cramped for accessories so we ordered small black brass bells. A local bike shop had a water cage that matched the sky blue decals on the bike. Score! Plus a Polar water bottle.

We are transportation riders, for errands and grocery runs. I got a market basket for the back.

The bike is heavy for me to move around. I am 5'6" and weigh 118 lbs. I am recovering from a total hip replacement. I have to make sure I take off with my good left leg since I have very little strength in the right. This is the first ebike I have owned with a throttle. We don't use the PAS that much since it is fairly flat in Phoenix. We like the throttle to get us across busy streets. I am sure I will use the PAS when we take longer trips but right now it is way too hot.

We plan on getting the Craftsman 50 gallon totes to store the bikes and to take them on trips.

The key position is awkward. I hope they change this in the future.

With the changes made I am enjoying the bike. I'll update info if needed.

Attachments

• 20220514_121651.jpg
    20220514_121651.jpg
    493.5 KB · Views: 858
  • 20220514_121844.jpg
    20220514_121844.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 832
  • 20220514_121909.jpg
    20220514_121909.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 817
  • 20220514_121948.jpg
    20220514_121948.jpg
    546.5 KB · Views: 777
  • 20220514_122038.jpg
    20220514_122038.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 837
We got our two XP 2.0st bikes for Christmas '21 and love them. First thing was to swap out the freewheel for an 11-34 one; huge improvement. Side mirror, folding basket on back, FlatOut in the tires, phone mount, 5v charging source. Got the Black Friday special so we have the spring seatpost and folding lock. Oh, and I installed a very cool alarm that pairs with a wireless horn button for the handlebars and a remote for the pocket. Only about $35 on Amazon and it works great. Mounted the alarm under the seat and it's quite sensitive

In our case we did not get a new handlebar but rather I just flipped the handlebar stem 180 degrees so now it sweeps back rather than forward. Much more comfortable for my aging wrists.

Key position is meaningless to me, as I keep it in and turned on 24/7, very little drain on the battery.

Great bikes. We love the Cruise Control, a rarity among ebikes apparently. Don't use the Pedal Assist feature at all--too squirrely in sharp turns. Just the twist throttle works for us.

Here are pictures of my new Lectric XP 2.0 S/T and it's current upgrades, most from Amazon. I am 72, in good health (except for a 2 month old shoulder replacement that is healing well and use the ebike to get around town and the surrounding area here in Sedona, AZ.

I did the BMX handlebar (8.5" rise) upgrade with a stem, riser, extender (needed some alterations) and spacers with Ergon Rohloff grips, a bar end mirror and a 1859Northwest thumb throttle add-on to the existing throttle. Zero Xtech cable pull hydraulic brakes and new discs (180 front, 160 back with new Jagwire brake cables. C9 saddle and Suntour suspension seat post. 11x28 freewheel (I don't need a crawler gear for where/how I ride) and Orange Seal tire sealant. New pedals (non-folding). Lectric rear basket. Took off the heavy fenders (don't need them in Arizona. And white reflective vinyl side panels with a new Tesla decal for a whimsical flair. And it now has a red, white and blue colorway.

The bike is now perfect for me, it is more stable, more comfortable and stops better. I have some other, fancier brake discs that got here too late but will be installed soon. As the Army says, "Be all you can be!".

Attachments

• 20220614_173115.jpg
    20220614_173115.jpg
    564.6 KB · Views: 731
  • 20220614_173136.jpg
    20220614_173136.jpg
    609.1 KB · Views: 786
Last edited:
Here are pictures of my new Lectric XP 2.0 S/T and it's current upgrades, most from Amazon. I am 72, in good health (except for a 2 month old shoulder replacement that is healing well and use the ebike to get around town and the surrounding area here in Sedona, AZ.

I did the BMX handlebar (8.5" rise) upgrade with a stem, riser, extender (needed some alterations) and spacers with Ergon Rohloff grips, a bar end mirror and a 1859Northwest thumb throttle add-on to the existing throttle. Zero Xtech cable pull hydraulic brakes and new discs (180 front, 160 back with new Jagwire brake cables. C9 saddle and Suntour suspension seat post. 11x28 freewheel (I don't need a crawler gear for where/how I ride) and Orange Seal tire sealant. New pedals (non-folding). Lectric rear basket. Took off the heavy fenders (don't need them in Arizona. And white reflective vinyl side panels with a new Tesla decal for a whimsical flair. And it now has a red, white and blue colorway.

The bike is now perfect for me, it is more stable, more comfortable and stops better. I have some other, fancier brake discs that got here too late but will be installed soon. As the Army says, "Be all you can be!".
FatChance,

Thanks for posting your ebike. I love the red, white and blue!

Have you found the trip odometer to be off? It is really messed up on my bike. I had to set the tire size in the computer (#f 6) to 26.5. My husbands wasn't as bad but he still had to change it.

I hope you have a speedy shoulder recovery. My in-laws live in Cottonwood, AZ.

FatChance,

Thanks for posting your ebike. I love the red, white and blue!

Have you found the trip odometer to be off? It is really messed up on my bike. I had to set the tire size in the computer (#f 6) to 26.5. My husbands wasn't as bad but he still had to change it.

I hope you have a speedy shoulder recovery. My in-laws live in Cottonwood, AZ.
Sorry, I have not yet checked the odometer accuracy yet.

Yup, setting wheel to 26.5 makes the speedo and odometer accurate. I think Lectric locked in some internal settings before someone discovered the error. But in any event, 26.5 makes things right.

I should also mention that in addition to turning the front stem around 180 degrees I also offset the stock handlebars with a 60mm extender that moved them slightly back forward. Flipping the stem made the handlebars just a bit TOO close to the saddle.

EDIT: Now, 26.5 way too much. Setting of 22 tracks Google maps accurately. Turns out 22 is the tire diameter. Dummy.

Last edited:
Ok, here's a Lectric insight: I now Get the Lite.

When I first read the specs, I thought - not for me, I Have to be able to change gears. Bunch of people said to me - but the motor essentially acts like your gears.

I didn't really buy that.

Today, I put my bike in 6, put the PA on 2, and - did not touch anything for the whole ride. No throttle, no gears. I rode a path that was a combination of semi flat roads and significant inclines. I thought either I wouldn't be able to do it, or the bike wouldn't.

It worked fine. The inclines, even staying in 6, were just not a big deal at all.

Combining that with the weight of the Lite, and I guess I'm now - getting it. If I bought a second bike for my wife, I'd seriously consider a Lite now.

Ok, here's a Lectric insight: I now Get the Lite.

When I first read the specs, I thought - not for me, I Have to be able to change gears. Bunch of people said to me - but the motor essentially acts like your gears.

I didn't really buy that.

Today, I put my bike in 6, put the PA on 2, and - did not touch anything for the whole ride. No throttle, no gears. I rode a path that was a combination of semi flat roads and significant inclines. I thought either I wouldn't be able to do it, or the bike wouldn't.

It worked fine. The inclines, even staying in 6, were just not a big deal at all.

Combining that with the weight of the Lite, and I guess I'm now - getting it. If I bought a second bike for my wife, I'd seriously consider a Lite now.
Before selling my XP1, I kept it in gear #6...and never shifted it in the 2 years I owned it. Yes, when I first bought it, I thought shifting was kinda cool...but then discovered there was no need to as the motor had more than enough power to handle every situation in any PAS level. When I sold the bike the buyer asked me if the shifting and derailleur was ok..?...I answered I don't know because I never use them. He took the bike out for a long test drive and said to me...yeah I see what you mean and bought the bike.

Before selling my XP1, I kept it in gear #6...and never shifted it in the 2 years I owned it. Yes, when I first bought it, I thought shifting was kinda cool...but then discovered there was no need to as the motor had more than enough power to handle every situation in any PAS level. When I sold the bike the buyer asked me if the shifting and derailleur was ok..?...I answered I don't know because I never use them. He took the bike out for a long test drive and said to me...yeah I see what you mean and bought the bike.

I have been trying to get my wife on my ebike. She has been afraid. Today, she took the plunge and took a ride. And she really loved it.
I kept it in 6. I told her not to worry about the shifting. I started it in PA1 and told her, when she is ready to feel a little more engine pull, shift it to PA2.

She thought it was Awesome.

My wife grew up with a single gear bike and never learned to change derailleur gears. When we bought a 7-speed for her, she left it in gear 5 for the past ten years. The reason, "it sounds like the chain is coming off". Please don't laugh!
Getting a geared eBike would be useless for her. So we chose the Lectric Lite. That plus the lighter weight. Oh, the lower price didn't hurt 😜
She can now ride up the hill at our home - something she's never been able to do on her pedal bike. She sets the Lite to PAS 2 and goes

We got our two XP 2.0st bikes for Christmas '21 and love them. First thing was to swap out the freewheel for an 11-34 one; huge improvement. Side mirror, folding basket on back, FlatOut in the tires, phone mount, 5v charging source. Got the Black Friday special so we have the spring seatpost and folding lock. Oh, and I installed a very cool alarm that pairs with a wireless horn button for the handlebars and a remote for the pocket. Only about $35 on Amazon and it works great. Mounted the alarm under the seat and it's quite sensitive

In our case we did not get a new handlebar but rather I just flipped the handlebar stem 180 degrees so now it sweeps back rather than forward. Much more comfortable for my aging wrists.

Key position is meaningless to me, as I keep it in and turned on 24/7, very little drain on the battery.

Great bikes. We love the Cruise Control, a rarity among ebikes apparently. Don't use the Pedal Assist feature at all--too squirrely in sharp turns. Just the twist throttle works for us.

Can you post a link to the alarm you bought? Thanks.

Have added a few accessories and little mods to the XP Lite after it arrived earlier this month. 1 easy mod was adding a little felt tape ahead of the battery key cylinder. This made it stop rattling or jarring over bumps and WAYYY easier to plug the charger port cap in. Check it out:

PXL_20220619_193746980.jpg

A little history. These are the 3rd electric bikes that we have owned. We are retired and in our 60's and live in a condo.

We purchased 2 Lectric bikes back in April 2022 after taking a test ride in PHX. I have the white step thru XP 2.0 and hubby has the the regular black XP 2.0.

I really didn't like the straight handlebar after the first home ride. It caused wrist pain and I felt like I was reaching forward. I broke my wrist back in October 2021 and my wrist can't be bent in that position. I ordered a 25 degree sweep-back handlebar from Amazon the next day. What a difference! I sit totally upright now and my wrists are loving this relaxed position. I also feel more in control with the new handlebar.

We swapped out the saddle for a gel Serfas that I had on my old bike.

The cockpit is still a little cramped for accessories so we ordered small black brass bells. A local bike shop had a water cage that matched the sky blue decals on the bike. Score! Plus a Polar water bottle.

We are transportation riders, for errands and grocery runs. I got a market basket for the back.

The bike is heavy for me to move around. I am 5'6" and weigh 118 lbs. I am recovering from a total hip replacement. I have to make sure I take off with my good left leg since I have very little strength in the right. This is the first ebike I have owned with a throttle. We don't use the PAS that much since it is fairly flat in Phoenix. We like the throttle to get us across busy streets. I am sure I will use the PAS when we take longer trips but right now it is way too hot.

We plan on getting the Craftsman 50 gallon totes to store the bikes and to take them on trips.

The key position is awkward. I hope they change this in the future.

With the changes made I am enjoying the bike. I'll update info if needed.
Hi Shelly. Like the handle bars you added. Can you tell me the name and model number of your handle bars that you bought on Amazon? Cheers!

Have added a few accessories and little mods to the XP Lite after it arrived earlier this month. 1 easy mod was adding a little felt tape ahead of the battery key cylinder. This made it stop rattling or jarring over bumps and WAYYY easier to plug the charger port cap in. Check it out:

View attachment 126760
Haven’t heard the rattle yet but if this fixes the issue with the plug then I will definitely make that mod. Thanks!

View attachment 126760
I couldnt ever find that rattle.. thought it was the Stem or in that area.. Sold the bikes either way..

I do have 2 batteries and a silver box for the original version for sale if anyone is interested

Back