replacement batteries

UpAndDown

I saw someone posting on FB about Core5 compatible batteries sold on Alibaba for 50% less than original R1U batteries. No details were provided. Is this true? Is is possible to purchase cheap batteries to other R1U bikes on Alibaba? I wasnt able to find any.

There are reputable sellers on Alibaba but in general, you get what you pay for as far as lithium batteries are concerned. The cells used aren't the only things to consider. The design & construction of the case as well as the BMS are also safety factors. A cheap battery may well work for your needs but you assume much more risk.

There are reputable sellers on Alibaba but in general, you get what you pay for as far as lithium batteries are concerned. The cells used aren't the only things to consider. The design & construction of the case as well as the BMS are also safety factors. A cheap battery may well work for your needs but you assume much more risk.
I think what you wrote is common knowledge. How do you look for such batteries? Typing AAA battery gives me the wrong type. Typing prodigy battery gives me nothing.

I think what you wrote is common knowledge. How do you look for such batteries? Typing AAA battery gives me the wrong type. Typing prodigy battery gives me nothing.
Try a Google on " 48V12.8ah Reention Eel Pro". I believe that is the battery used on the R1U Core5. Here are a couple of examples:

I can't vouch for the quality of these batteries though. Perhaps member @tomjasz will offer his expert advice.

We can provide you the REENTION EEL Pro battery, 48V 14AH by very good Sanyo 35GA cells. Discharging port and charging port optional.
Susie
[email protected]

Attachments

• EEL Pro.jpg
    EEL Pro.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 252
  • Sanyo 35GA.png
    Sanyo 35GA.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 222
Just checked and FTH Power wants $170.00 for labor and whatever for parts. Add in $60.00 for shipping hazmat and the total should come in around $300.00 or around half the price of a new battery. They also use Samsung and Panasonic parts, not cheap Chinese knockoffs. Seems ok to me. If anyone has had any problems with this company please advise.

Just checked and FTH Power wants $170.00 for labor and whatever for parts. Add in $60.00 for shipping hazmat and the total should come in around $300.00 or around half the price of a new battery. They also use Samsung and Panasonic parts, not cheap Chinese knockoffs. Seems ok to me. If anyone has had any problems with this company please advise.
Is it not suitable for you to say Chinese knockoffs? We use Samsung and Panasonic cells too, original brand new ones. Can you promise you're not using any Chinese products? Not all Chinese products are of bad quality. In your country there are also knockoffs, right?!

Is it not suitable for you to say Chinese knockoffs? We use Samsung and Panasonic cells too, original brand new ones. Can you promise you're not using any Chinese products? Not all Chinese products are of bad quality. In your country there are also knockoffs, right?!
Not looking to get into a culture war here but S.Korea and Taiwan make the best chips and electronic parts in the world. I'd love to say America does, but we don't, but will soon with the new chips law that just passed Congress. China makes alot of decent products but batteries are not on that list. A knock off is taking a product and copying it to sell cheaper. China has been doing this for years. No big thing. Hell, my ebike was made in China and I love it. But, the Chinese made 48 volt died at 3 months. It was replaced, but my next one will have nothing but Samsung parts.

Last edited:
I’m telling you we, and EM3ev used FTH and the quoted prices are bullshit. Period.
Next, name a ebike battery NOT built in China. FFS.

So, why have other ebike owners that I ride with in my bike club use FTH Power? If the place is ripping people off as bad as you say they would be out of business yesterday. Instead they just opened another location in N. Cal. They use all Samsung and Panasonic cells unlike the battery I now have. This is the second one on this bike. The first one died in the first 90 days. China made batteries would be fine if the parts were from Korea or Taiwan. most are not. Not here to argue a point of view. Who do you suggest does a good battery rebuild with Samsung parts for a good price?

I wasnt aware that “korea“ was a brand. ”korea brand cell”

This is China.
DC696ED3-9174-4250-A668-EC0F921677E4.jpeg

Firstly show a receipt or and proof a 15-20Ah battery can be rebuilt with grade A cells for less than the wholesale cost of cells. It just doesn’t happen. Offer even a snippet of facts. Next, a proper rebuild only reused a $40 case. The numbers just don’t work if grade a brand name cells are used. Period.

All prices DO NOT included shipping and handling or “parts”. Parts. That’s cells, nickel ribbon, wiring, BMS, and misc supplies. Your numbers don’t work.

Gee, kinda makes you wonder how the lithium battery rebuild companies keep their doors open eh? HiC and FTH are both using all Korean cells in the rebuilds. I suppose they could be working for free or just taking a loss on all their work. Don't think so. To have a bike battery rebuilt with Samsung parts would be well worth doing. Even if it saved me just $50.00 it would be better than using crap cells from China. Both of these companies have a lot of happy customers and waiting times for service. Gotta be doing something right to be so successful. I'm done with this back and forth with you on this. Time to upgrade the thread. Not here to debate the cost of cells.

Gee, kinda makes you wonder how the lithium battery rebuild companies keep their doors open eh? HiC and FTH are both using all Korean cells in the rebuilds. I suppose they could be working for free or just taking a loss on all their work. Don't think so. To have a bike battery rebuilt with Samsung parts would be well worth doing. Even if it saved me just $50.00 it would be better than using crap cells from China. Both of these companies have a lot of happy customers and waiting times for service. Gotta be doing something right to be so successful. I'm done with this back and forth with you on this. Time to upgrade the thread. Not here to debate the cost of cells.
FFS You’re posting labor prices without parts costs. Some of us have bee; selling, warranting and repairing batteries for nearly a decade. Repairs can cost s much as a decently built new battery. While Korea HS good factories, so does China. Please. Learn grasshopper. HiC is far and away superior to FTH. No comparison for those of us with real world experience. FTH is nowhere near HiC quality. See Matt Bruza as well. I’m simply sharing real world experience. I’ll show yo7 mine if you show me yours . 🥱 :rolleyes:

Back