Removing Battery Lock on Riese & Muller Nevo3

DiggyGun

Region
United Kingdom
City
Buckinghamshire
Can anyone advise as to remove the Nevo 3 battery lock for the Bosch PowerTube battery.

My Apple AirTag has got stuck behind the lock, the battery has gone flat and I can’t get to it.

ouch. but you want to take it to the shop they have the jig to get the lock placed in the right spot. thats not something you want to try the hit and miss method. but it m,ay be cheaper to jsut get a new airtag and find a different spot for it.

Can anyone advise as to remove the Nevo 3 battery lock for the Bosch PowerTube battery.

My Apple AirTag has got stuck behind the lock, the battery has gone flat and I can’t get to it.
Any likelihood of there being a fire hazard?

I wonder if tipping the bike upside down and wriggling the key in the lock or tapping the frame might dislodge the tag.

Good luck.

Any likelihood of there being a fire hazard?

I wonder if tipping the bike upside down and wriggling the key in the lock or tapping the frame might dislodge the tag.

Good luck.
Tried that, it was on some double side 3M tape so wasn’t budging.

DG….

Update;

All done;

Bit of a faff and a cock up.

Took the cylinder off first, big mistake. There is a retaining strap thats not attached and fell down the tube.

Take off rest of lock, that was easy.

Retrieve AirTag.

Find cylinder retaining strap and re-fit cylinder to lock fittings, that was also easy.

Re-fit complete lock assembly with cylinder and retaining strap, adjust cylinder to fit key hole, that was also easy.

Test lock assembly, all worked OK.

Test lock assembly with battery fitted, all worked OK.

Test bike electrics, all worked OK.

Re-fitted AirTag in a different location.

Tip for anyone else contemplating this.
Don’t take the cylinder off, just unscrew the two bigger Torx head screws. Comes off very easily from the mounting bracket.

DG….

Update;

All done;

Bit of a faff and a cock up.

Took the cylinder off first, big mistake. There is a retaining strap thats not attached and fell down the tube.

Take off rest of lock, that was easy.

Retrieve AirTag.

Find cylinder retaining strap and re-fit cylinder to lock fittings, that was also easy.

Re-fit complete lock assembly with cylinder and retaining strap, adjust cylinder to fit key hole, that was also easy.

Test lock assembly, all worked OK.

Test lock assembly with battery fitted, all worked OK.

Test bike electrics, all worked OK.

Re-fitted AirTag in a different location.

Tip for anyone else contemplating this.
Don’t take the cylinder off, just unscrew the two bigger Torx head screws. Comes off very easily from the mounting bracket.

DG….
i also have riese and muller Nevo 3 , but it looks like my lock is broken ( the the pin does not come out to fix the battery) or visa versa ( i can not place the battery here ) can i ask how and where can i buy entire lock ? Tnx

I would suggest you contact your e-bike dealer as I believe these are bespoke to R&M.

DG…

Back