Making my own ebike if....

Gone! Including most of my regular, or analog, bicycle stuff. I did keep the tools though. I must have put a Park Tools kid thru college by now!

Just passing thru and noticed Kroil was mentioned. That stuff is very highly regarded by some in the firearms world. Its a pretty good cleaner/solvent/lube/dip. I bought a gallon of the stuff years ago and dropped parts into a soup can I made holey with a drill and some spare time.

And... oh. my. god. its over a hundred bucks a gallon now. I still have the gallon paint can full of the stuff and was going to toss it as I am moving, but instead I think I will build a little shrine for it somewhere.

You need to put it in one of these: :)

1721753367183.png

I found out the hard way that Kroil evaporates VERY quickly.
I made the mistake of leaving it in an oil can with a narrow open spout. A whole pint was gone in a little over a week!

I found out the hard way that Kroil evaporates VERY quickly.
I made the mistake of leaving it in an oil can with a narrow open spout. A whole pint was gone in a little over a week!
Well I guess its a good thing mine is sealed up. I've had it for so many years I can't remember what I paid, but it sure as hell was nowhere near $100.

Well I guess its a good thing mine is sealed up. I've had it for so many years I can't remember what I paid, but it sure as hell was nowhere near $100.
It's been over 10 years since I bought any. Back then, it was just slightly more expensive than WD40. Like you, I have a gallon can with a pint or so left.

Guess I should buy that 55 gallon drum for $5K before the price goes up again. At the rate I use it, the drum will last me until spring of 3248.. 😁

Back