Recommended bike rack for RAD City Step-Thru 3’s

Fast Eddie

Court, watching your reviews was a major factor in my recent purchase of the RAD City Step-Thru 3. You do a great job! Question - do you have a recommendation for the best bike rack available that comes with a ramp such that there is no bike lifting involved (back pain issues). I have just tried a Thule EasyFold XT 2 but I don’t think the Thule bike arms fit well and not confident in traveling long distances. Any suggestions for optimum positioning of the bikes on the Thule or have a recommendation for the best rack for a RAD City Step-Thru. Thanks very much! John

I carry 2 Rad City Step Thru bikes on a EasyFold carrier, and couldn’t be happier. I have no problem with the clamps on the front down tube. I put the first bike with the front wheel to left facing the rear of the car using the short arm. Put the second bike on the opposite direction using the long arm. I don’t use the ramp, too flimsy. At 76 I can still lift them on.

I carry 2 Rad City Step Thru bikes on a EasyFold carrier, and couldn’t be happier. I have no problem with the clamps on the front down tube. I put the first bike with the front wheel to left facing the rear of the car using the short arm. Put the second bike on the opposite direction using the long arm. I don’t use the ramp, too flimsy. At 76 I can still lift them on.
This is very helpful and much appreciated...any chance you could send me a picture of how you position them with the arms as I can't seem to get mine to fit...thanks very much for your reply. BTW, no use of ramp?...it sounds like you're in great shape...good for you!

This is very helpful and much appreciated...any chance you could send me a picture of how you position them with the arms as I can't seem to get mine to fit...thanks very much for your reply. BTW, no use of ramp?...it sounds like you're in great shape...good for you!
Sorry but my Rad's are at my home in FL. we just returned to Ohio and I don't have a picture. Here's a picture of my Townies on the carrier.

IMG_0209.jpg

1up has ramps available

Side note- not sure how much that bike weighs without the battery but if you are using a 1.25 hitch check the weight capacity on the racks before purchasing

For example the 2 inch 1up handles a lot more weight than 1.25, pretty sure 1.25 rack is limited to 50lbs per slot

1up has ramps available

Side note- not sure how much that bike weighs without the battery but if you are using a 1.25 hitch check the weight capacity on the racks before purchasing

For example the 2 inch 1up handles a lot more weight than 1.25, pretty sure 1.25 rack is limited to 50lbs per slot
Thanks Vincent

Back