Ebike Hitch Rack Recommendation

jengels

Region
USA
I'm looking to buy a new hitch ebike rack to carry 2 Trek Allant+ 7 bikes (with fenders) and considering the following 3 options:
1. Thule Easyfold xt
Cons:
- bike placement is tight
- some bad reviews that this carrier drops bikes (clamp arm issues)
2. Hollywood Destination E (new platform rack)
Cons:
- new ebike carrier, so unknown about quality of this carrier
3. Hollywood Sports Rider SE
Cons:
- no ramp and have to lift bikes

The Hollywood Destination E looks like a take on the Thule Easyfold XT. Though the Destination E states that it will hold ebikes up to 50 inch wheelbase. I had the Thule Easyfold XT 2 which they state will hold up to 51 inch wheelbase and it would not support my ebikes with 51inch wheelbase (not wide enough). I went with the Hollywood Sports Rider SE and it works fine. You can place your bikes on it fairly easily without having to lift the entire bike. Tilt the bike up on the the rear wheel and place the front tire in the rail/tire rack then lift the rear of the bike to place the rear wheel into place. The Destination E is cheaper than the the Thule. Just make make sure the wheelbase of your ebikes will fit.

Last edited:
Big fan of 1Up. So far have had the Super Duty 2 inch Super Duty double for my SUV and now have the 1.25 Quick rack single for my Electric car. (Hyundai Kona) Very easy to set up and take down and they are rock solid. No plastic mickey mouse business with 1 UP. And it's made in Merica!

Back