Needing Trek (Allant+7/Verve+3) hitch Bike Rack recommendations...

I have a Thule Easy Fold and have carried two Trek Verve+3 on them from Illinois to Utah and back plus some other short trips. Never a problem. I clamp the bikes by the seat post and it seems very secure, plus the tires get strapped down at the bottom, it came with a ramp but we bought a longer one. The nice thing is our Treks have a walk feature to load them up the ramp. To be honest though I take the batteries out to transport them and have just started lifting them up on the rack. The fenders on my Trek are pretty flimsy.

I added an LED strip since it seems like the bikes block the taillights. The light strip plugs into the trailer light hookup on my pickup and tail lights, turn signals and brake lights all work. There is also a place to move the license plate to the rack if you want.

we just switched over from mountain bikes to two Trek Verve +3 bikes and are using the Thule T2 Pro XT for them. It is rated at 60 pounds per bike. No issues loading, securing, or unloading the bikes. The only thing I have noticed
is if you go in / out of an elevated area to the street catywampus, you do get some side to side movement on the rack, at an angle which may cause the front tire hold downs to move up to, or under the bikes front fender. Kuat is also a good choice.

Last edited:
OP - Follow up... ended up going with the Thule Easy Fold, works great with our two (2) new Trek Allant+ 7 Lowstep e-bikes, pic below.

Attachments

• IMG_6121.jpeg
    IMG_6121.jpeg
    734.3 KB · Views: 223
The lights are attached to a metal bar via strong Velcro strips. I use flexible wire ties to snug the bar to the outside bike. Nothing fancy.

OP - Follow up... ended up going with the Thule Easy Fold, works great with our two (2) new Trek Allant+ 7 Lowstep e-bikes, pic below.
We have the Thule Easy Fold and transport 2 Trek Allant +7. Beware.. . Make sure you always lock the knob. Double check it is locked. My husband forgot once (comes with age) and that's why I now have an Allant+7 bike. The vibrations from the road loosened the knob and the bike drug on the highway a few miles before we noticed. Human error. Just make sure you always lock the knob. We have traveled with our bikes from TX to CO and IA. The bike rack has served us well for over 4 years.

Yes. The Thule easy fold.I have taken two e-bikes on our 1300 mile trip to the winter home and back for several years now. My last combination was a Trek Allant 8s Stagger and a Townie Path step through.

We have the Thule Easy Fold and transport 2 Trek Allant +7. Beware.. . Make sure you always lock the knob. Double check it is locked. My husband forgot once (comes with age) and that's why I now have an Allant+7 bike. The vibrations from the road loosened the knob and the bike drug on the highway a few miles before we noticed. Human error. Just make sure you always lock the knob. We have traveled with our bikes from TX to CO and IA. The bike rack has served us well for over 4 years.
Suspect issue isn't tighting knob so it clicks. This is what happened to me. Now have one handle bar 1" shorter than the other. Can vouch for strength of wheel straps.

If you use drop release to access trunk make sure you pull test rack after clicking it back into place. Hadn't push mine home fully and it dropped down while driving. No harm done, was surprised rack didn't break give weight of bikes and uncontrolled drop.

I carry 2 stepthroughs with them clamped on seat tube. Unfortunately only mounting point on our bikes for bottle holder is there so we endup with drink bottles bungie to rack.

Expensive racks but worth every penny. Quality is bit iffy, had clamp nut cross thread due to use of s*it metal. Not user issue as can't overtighten due to click mechanism. Had to buy new arm.

Back