Rear rack for a Haibike fatsix 6.0

Hi Woodsmoke, congrats on that new Full FatSix, you're gonna have lots of fun with her in that kind of environment you've shown us!
Using the OMM website, typing in Haibike, FatBike, Rear Rack, they are showing you need a KIT807, which includes the following:
  • Thru Axle: 12 mm thru axle with 217 to 229 mm length and x 1.75 mm thread pitch.
  • Pair of 5" Dropouts. Attach the rack frame to thru axle to fit all fat bike tire sizes.
  • Pair of 14" extenders. Stabilize and level the rack.
  • Pair of OMM Pucks. Mount to the fork to provide an upper attachment point for the rack.
  • Stainless steel mounting hardware.
I'm gonna assume that the 230 us dollars price includes that fit kit along with the rear rack. But best to confirm with OMM.

Well done... thanks for sharing this information with other EBR members.

Hi mike, thanks for getting back to me, I was hoping to speak to you as I saw your pictures on here while searching through google for racks for guy suspension bikes.
The fitting kit you suggested says ‘mount to the fork’ In the description?
With the fitting kit you used you were able to work around the shifter and rear break cables ok?
how has it stood the test of time off road. Do the seat stay mounds hold fast?! The thru axle design of the OMM rack seems like the strongest looking rack mount I’ve seen.
Wood: The fit kit I looked up was for a Haibike Fat Ebike, rear rack.

My "fit kit" was the one designed and sold by the original owner of Old Man Mountain Racks and he used aircraft clamps to mount the stay arms to the rear rack stays or on the front RockShox, the fork tubes. I took things a step up by going after market for stainless steel and rubber air craft clamps, along with all stainless steel nuts and bolts for the hardware. OMM back then utilized cheap, plain steel for their hardware and clamps.

I always carry at least one Ortlieb pannier on my rear rack, to carry my tire tube patching kit, Lezyne pump, spare tube and other "stuff". If I've a mind in going extra long distance, I can carry one spare battery in the two rear pannier bags (Ort,lieb E-Mates). I've other Ortliebs for this bike to outfit bags on the front and rear racks if I choose to do so.

Problems with the racks? None at all. I use stainless steel nylock nuts to ensure no nut comes loose. Mind you, my riding does not include busting down mountain sides or making jumps of any kind.

Any other questions you may have, feel free to ask.

@bikeman242 is also a convert to the world of OMM racks! :)

Back