Rant, Complain, Just Let It Out In Here. Others May Sympathize

In the movie I remember a hacker caused the victim to have a heart attack and die. It was a tough murder case for the detective to solve.
As I recall, the one Drs patients start dropping, there was a ransom and the "kidnapped" person was a politician with a hackable pacer. Unless I'm combining a couple of movies, the solution was to put the guy in a Faraday Cage until they caught the bad guys.

1695247520379.jpeg
1695247643953.jpeg

As I recall, the one Drs patients start dropping, there was a ransom and the "kidnapped" person was a politician with a hackable pacer. Unless I'm combining a couple of movies, the solution was to put the guy in a Faraday Cage until they caught the bad guys.
Why not just wear a foil jacket? I think Elton John had several that would've worked. Maybe add some RF-blocking sequins just to be safe. Matching foil hat optional in this case.

So I made some adjustments to the seat and OMG the difference is amazing.... one thing I learned "for myself at least" is if I think my seat is high enough it's prolly not. When I found the current position in my bike it was completely by accident. I decided to go grossly too high *or so I thought, just to try it. one thing I thought was silly is I can no longer reach the ground from the seat I have to push up off the pedal to get up in the saddle after riding for 20mis I noticed I had no knee pain and my quads started to burn I was blown away because that is what I had expected from the beginning. From there I fine tuned it a tad and still can't reach the ground comfortably but my riding is now almost painless other than muscle pain which is to be expected being as outta shape as I am. Thanks for all the support and information I received in here. I had a 4 hour casual ride yesterday "on pavement" with hills and stop and go traffic and had the absolute time of my life. ;) Can't wait to get back out there as soon as adulting gets outta the way some.

one thing I thought was silly is I can no longer reach the ground from the seat
That is only possible on "comfortable cruiser bikes" or with a dropper seat-post :)
I have to push up off the pedal to get up in the saddle after riding for 20mis I noticed I had no knee pain and my quads started to burn I was blown away because that is what I had expected from the beginning.
That is the normal way of riding a bike :) Try to raise the saddle as high as you feel you have no power to pedal, then drop the seat a little. The rule of thumb is your leg with the heel supported on the pedal shall be straight when the pedal is down. With the normal foot position on the pedal, your knee should be bent a little.

So happy you have found the right way of riding your e-bike!

So I made some adjustments to the seat and OMG the difference is amazing.... one thing I learned "for myself at least" is if I think my seat is high enough it's prolly not. When I found the current position in my bike it was completely by accident. I decided to go grossly too high *or so I thought, just to try it. one thing I thought was silly is I can no longer reach the ground from the seat I have to push up off the pedal to get up in the saddle after riding for 20mis I noticed I had no knee pain and my quads started to burn I was blown away because that is what I had expected from the beginning. From there I fine tuned it a tad and still can't reach the ground comfortably but my riding is now almost painless other than muscle pain which is to be expected being as outta shape as I am. Thanks for all the support and information I received in here. I had a 4 hour casual ride yesterday "on pavement" with hills and stop and go traffic and had the absolute time of my life. ;) Can't wait to get back out there as soon as adulting gets outta the way some.
Great to hear! I used to also be too low in the seat and my knees would come up too high and have some light pain. I go as high up as possible with the seat but still want my leg/knee to bend just a bit on the furthest part of the down pedal. Much more comfortable for sure!

Big believer in high saddles here. I've always been a skinny guy, maybe it's the connective tissue disorder, but I can't put on any kind of weight, including muscle mass. When I was really weak, as a teenage, my seat was often so high that I could only touch the ground on tip toes. Now I'm a bit stronger, but it's still high enough that my heels can't quite touch the ground-- they're elevated about a quarter to a half inch.
You mention the gym. Have you been lifting, or cardio only? I ask because I started lifting again, with a trainer, about 6 months ago after a many-year break, and I’ve found it to be tremendously helpful in preventing (well, minimizing anyway) joint pain. It was bad enough that I thought I had injured myself. The orthopedist found that it was osteoarthritis, and suggested weight training might help. She was right.
This is good advice, but me osteoarthritis is stage III and in my hands, so I haven't quite sorted out the dumbbell work. I have splints I use-- different ones for left and right hand-- that are helping a lot for guitar, but not as much for dumbbells. I need to get restarted with my physical therapist, she may have an answer, thanks for the heads up!

I haven't ridden a bike "outside" in over 25 years and just got an e-bike and my knees are killing me. I use a bike at the gym regularly but this actual real world biking is tough. I didn't realize how weak my knees had gotten. Now, the knees are just sore its not like my riding position is incorrect "I don't think" Im just pushing harder and longer that I do on a stationary bike. I want this pain to go away so I can get back out there. Its been almost 30 hours "since my last fix" and the weather has been great but every time I think about getting on it my knees start to ache a tad more. ok Im done complaining this go around now what do you got?
Your overuse of "quotation marks" makes my knees ache. Normally I wouldn't say anything, but this is a rant thread.

Back