Radwagon4 and trailer

wagonrydr

I'm planning on getting a cargo bike and the radwagon4 is my 1st choice at this time. I'm also building a cargo trailer at 65"x27" and @100 kilo weight limit. My question is will the rw4 be bike enough to handle the stress this will put on the bike.

There are two things I’m concerned about. I preordered a RadWagon 4 too, and I plan to haul a heavy trailer. I’ll try not to overheat the mechanical disk brakes on grades when the trailer is attached. I also wonder about this hub motor, but my plans are to replace it with a Bafang mid drive kit if I burn it up :) If you want to blow big money you could also use a trailer with brakes and motor like the Carla trailer. Ha, Tern wants about $4,500 for one in the US, so I’ll pass on that.

I've been riding around on an Ancheer 250w hybrid for the last four years hauling an Aosom Elite weekly with a 30 / 40# load. NO grade problems here in NO, so no brake problems. Actually no problems at all with this combination. It's time to upgrade to a better bike and trailer as needs have grown a bit.
Carla Cargo trailer hahahahaha. As some one said in the comments there, with a little work you could have a chariot.

the stress this will put on the bike.

I'd be concerned about the stress ~200 pounds would put on the frame as you make turns and hit bumps. Your strongest attachment option is likely a bob yak style dual hookup to the rear axle. I have a 2019 radrover and tow up to 70 lb without problem, single-side hookup on the left to rear axle.

Back