Radwagon 12G spokes and nipples. Available from Rad Power.

Peter R.

I recently spotted a few damaged nipples on my new Radwagon. Rad Power is sending me a few spoke/nipple sets under warranty and informs me that front and rear replacement spokes are now available for 2.00 per spoke/nipple pair.

The 12G spokes on the Radwagon are a real pain to deal with if you have to get them custom cut and the threads rolled. Very few shops handle these big spokes. I was basically regretting my decision to buy the bike given what I have been going through with the spokes in the rear wheel coming loose and the broken nipples from the factory but Rad Power bikes is making good.

Regards, Peter R.

Last edited:
Ok... I want to be prepared so I’d like to know the same... is there a link on amazon, what length, how to thread, Aluminul, Steel??? I’m hunting for info and came across this thread.

I am interested in any spoke problems occuring with the RAD city. A thread on this from owners would be so helpful. This is my one thing keeping me from purchase. With such a heavy motor and using the rack with expandable wire basket for gallon of milk-12 pack soda,beer and groceries in general this has been a problem on my current ezip which by the way has 13,000 miles and broken spokes have been the only problem outside of normal wearing parts (Tires-brake pads -1 chain replacement)

Re: the Rad City spokes, mine were pretty loose on delivery ('18 Rad City) . Took me a bit to recognize the source of the strange noise I was hearing, that only occurred when I was on the bike (I'm 315lbs at the moment). Once tightened there has been no further issue to get me to 600 miles for the season.

From the number of Rad customers having issues, I think maybe Rad's wheel supplier needs it's (butt kicked) spoke tightening process reviewed. This may be a maintenance issue later down the road, but they should come out of the box reasonably well set up/tight. Judging by the number of complaints and low milage the complaints are made at, that doesn't seem to be the case. That said, I don't believe the spoke issue, with it's relatively simple fix/time to adjust properly, would keep me from buying another Rad. -Al

What length should you get the spokes so you can avoid having to cut them?

I sent an email to Rad Support and they replied with the following information:

......When tuning up the spokes on your bike, we recommend tensioning to around 100 Kgf. This is standard for straight, 12 gauge (2.6mm thick), stainless steel spokes, which all of our bikes are equipped with from the factory. If you're using the Park Tool TM-1 tensiometer, this equates to a reading of around 31-32 indicated on the tool. For a RadWagon the front spokes are 245mm and the rear 164mm. ........

So that gives us the length of the RadWagon spokes. I did ask a little more about how the length is measured and they replied:

.......The length is measured from the center of the J-bend to the end of the spoke......

So I have now ordered from Amazon the Park Tool TM-1 along with the Truing Stand TS-4 and the WAG-4 Wheel Alighnment Guage. So I can check both of my RadWagon’s. I wanted to be able to do this myself vs. having to take it to a shop each time. I plan on a regular check tension and alignment after all I have been reading on forums about how they like to loosen.

It's great that they'll make them available to you, but note that when I needed some, they were out of stock. I ordered 72 of them (1 box) on Amazon for $22.

I have been searching for these... I have a RadWagon so I figured I would buy the 245mm that would cover the front and cut them down if I need a rear. I already have the tread roller for 12G spokes. I was hoping to find a source that wasn’t shipping from China or Taiwan. You mentioned Amazon... I’ll check again, but I can’t seem to find 245mm or longer Stainless Steel.

I did find a few places online with not so great a website that may be US based that I may give a call to...

Anyone with a good source of spokes in quantity let us know. Thanks....

Last edited:
I have been searching for these... I have a RadWagon so I figured I would buy the 245mm that would cover the front and cut them down if I need a rear. I already have the tread roller for 12G spokes. I was hoping to find a source that wasn’t shipping from China or Taiwan. You mentioned Amazon... I’ll check again, but I can’t seem to find 245mm or longer Stainless Steel.

I did find a few places online with not so great a website that may be US based that I may give a call to...

Anyone with a good source of spokes in quantity let us know. Thanks....

There is a company that I have ordered spokes from (see link) https://sunnyspokes.com/. The company is an individual, a real nice guy, and has all gauges of spokes in black or silver and either will cut to the size you need and thread them or sell them unthreaded. His best deals are if you buy a package (he sells name brands). I had a broken 13 gauge spoke on my ebike and the local bike shops did not have that gauge so I purchased a package of them, longer than I needed and not threaded,from Sunnyspokes (he ships very quickly) and ordered a Hozan spoke threader (through ebay from a Japanese supplier), delivery was fast, less than two weeks and the cost was about $144. You order the threader with a specific size die but can order other size dies if you need them, though they are expensive. I kind of like to have any tool I need so that is why I chose to buy my own threader and a package of spokes so I do not have to try to find someone to do my repairs. The spoke is easy to thread.

There is a company that I have ordered spokes from (see link) https://sunnyspokes.com/. The company is an individual, a real nice guy, and has all gauges of spokes in black or silver and either will cut to the size you need and thread them or sell them unthreaded. His best deals are if you buy a package (he sells name brands). I had a broken 13 gauge spoke on my ebike and the local bike shops did not have that gauge so I purchased a package of them, longer than I needed and not threaded,from Sunnyspokes (he ships very quickly) and ordered a Hozan spoke threader (through ebay from a Japanese supplier), delivery was fast, less than two weeks and the cost was about $144. You order the threader with a specific size die but can order other size dies if you need them, though they are expensive. I kind of like to have any tool I need so that is why I chose to buy my own threader and a package of spokes so I do not have to try to find someone to do my repairs. The spoke is easy to thread.

THANK YOU!

I sent them a message using their website and Rob replied the next morning!

Gave him the information that Rad Power Bikes provided me and my plans to purchase 245mm Front Spokes and if I need rear ones I would cut them down and use my Cyclo spoke threader. Rob said that was a good plan and even recommended Spoke Cutters from Amazon that I also ordered.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BSBSJS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_RIyDCbQMCD0TP

Just placed my order for a set of:

https://sunnyspokes.com/products/12...es-with-silver-nipples?variant=12472303222839

Thanks "Delta" for the information/recommendation!

In my previous post I said I ordered some from Amazon. I did, but they were not cut/threaded, so still had to find someone who could do that. Since then, I ordered spokes from sunnyspokes as well - they work great! Also, since then in speaking with Rad, they did offer to give me a few cut, threaded spokes (they had them in stock again), but I already had 20.

I would certainly advise anyone buying RadPower to get extra cut/threaded spokes from them when they buy the bike, and keep after it until you get them. Not having any and not being able to get them or use them is a huge pain. Or, do what Rjbur did and buy your own equipment.

Back