radmini pas vs radrover

Wane are you saying that changing the 25-40kph will change how your pas levels work?

That never occurred to me to try..
Did not think it would change anything

I agree about levels 4 and 5, they are wasted , maybe if people had a lot of big hills to climb they would use those?..

It just seems the pas could be programmed to much smaller steps of watts and more evenly spaced watt increases

I dont knnow if rad power is just stuck with whatever controllers bafang sellls them or what

My understanding is the the old king displays you were able to get into a deeper level of settings and change how pas worked etc but the steps i found to do that on some older displays did not work on mine

If you have time to list the watts/mph on each pas level that you gte changing the 25-40 kph that would be great

If not i will try to do it next week

Sang pretty sure my mini pas is messed up

I hve zero watts at any speed with level 1

Level 2 is erratic and usually takes 25-40 pedal rotations to even start to respond
Then it slowly ramps up from 0 watts to 200-300

When it works level 2 is a good

Also in level 3 it takes forever for pas to respond or do anything

The throttle on mini is crazy touchy, throttle on the rover is good and right now while we work ou the controller issues on the rover it is all i use
It is easy to maintain a slow low level of watts

The mini throttle wants to be wide open and if you try to keep it at 200 watts it surges badly

Still like the stability of it and think it is pretty comfortable to ride

Am sure i will get this all worked out with the pas stuff and throttles eventually

It's not big of a deal. it's obvious that we need programmable levels or a torque meter. right? knowing what levels happen at what PAS value doesn't really matter while you cycle. We can use the throttle to keep from using the full wattage right? At least that is what I have learned to do in the week that I have owned this bike. Asking this question is only really hoping for a torque meter right? I'm super stoked though. 150 miles in two weeks. I ride an 18 mile commute daily. And I will Receive a 52v dolphin battery tomorrow, which will I hope effectively make my range about 40-60 miles. Which is super badass. I could probably do like 50 miles at 20 mph. Now how do I talk myself out of the mid drive motors?

lol, glad you like your bike

i think they can do better programming of the rover pas, just because it is cadence doesnt mean it has to be wide open throttle, that is a programming issue

it sounds like you have a 2016, which works a lot different than my 2015
radpower changed the 2016's for this very reason and they are working on getting me a controller for my 2015 that will work more like the 2016
your 2016 bike is more regulated in speed/watts even if levels 4-5 are wide open, the lower levels are usable

the 2015 is wide open/775 watts immediately in every level above 1

other than the wide open pas levels 2 and up on the 2015 rover i really like the bike and pretty much ride only with throttle right now

i think the numbers/response sang is getting with his mini sound good to me- better than my 2015 rover- my mini just has a defective part or something and is not working right
sure radpower will get it fixed

Sang pretty sure my mini pas is messed up

I hve zero watts at any speed with level 1

Level 2 is erratic and usually takes 25-40 pedal rotations to even start to respond
Then it slowly ramps up from 0 watts to 200-300

When it works level 2 is a good

Also in level 3 it takes forever for pas to respond or do anything

The throttle on mini is crazy touchy, throttle on the rover is good and right now while we work ou the controller issues on the rover it is all i use
It is easy to maintain a slow low level of watts

The mini throttle wants to be wide open and if you try to keep it at 200 watts it surges badly

Still like the stability of it and think it is pretty comfortable to ride

Am sure i will get this all worked out with the pas stuff and throttles eventually

Hi Vincent,
  • PAS 1-3 behavior does sound like the controller is acting weird, could the PAS system is loose or the signal from the PAS corrupted by something? (not saying it's aliens... but it's aliens).
  • Yes, with the smaller wheels, using the throttle will take off quick.
  • I do remember some surging, but not sure which bike... it might be the same use-case as you, partial throttle.
    • I rode the RadRover 2016 today and was using partial throttle up a hill and it stayed pretty steady, so I'll try it out on the RadMini next week

Sang

thanks sang for the info

my rover is steady on all throttle output no matter how much i ask for

when the level 2 pas was working some on the mini i liked the 200-300 watt boost
still think a correctly working mini pas sounds like it will be more usable overall
but throttle has to be better, will replace it if i have to
it is way too touchy and the surging etc is just annoying

hope the new controller on the rover is similar - if it ever gets here

It's not big of a deal. it's obvious that we need programmable levels or a torque meter. right? knowing what levels happen at what PAS value doesn't really matter while you cycle. We can use the throttle to keep from using the full wattage right? At least that is what I have learned to do in the week that I have owned this bike. Asking this question is only really hoping for a torque meter right? I'm super stoked though. 150 miles in two weeks. I ride an 18 mile commute daily. And I will Receive a 52v dolphin battery tomorrow, which will I hope effectively make my range about 40-60 miles. Which is super badass. I could probably do like 50 miles at 20 mph. Now how do I talk myself out of the mid drive motors?

Hi Wane, could you possibly post or send me a link to where you picked up your 52v dolphin battery? Thanks.

@Steven A Bean

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

This is where I bought my 52V at. Works fine on Radrover. A little more distance, torque, and top-speed with this battery. Take-off is noticeably different as is top-speed with my 180 lb. self on bike. Controller seems to handle battery fine.

@Steven A Bean

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

This is where I bought my 52V at. Works fine on Radrover. A little more distance, torque, and top-speed with this battery. Take-off is noticeably different as is top-speed with my 180 lb. self on bike. Controller seems to handle battery fine.

How much more distance? How much more speed?

Back