Rad Power Raises Prices for some models

RadMission = $1099
RadWagon 4 = $1699
RadRover 5 (& step thru) = $1599
Since we are near the end of their normal model year, I wonder why.

Last edited:
My vote- so they can drop the prices for a big Black Friday sale.....

Other than that, it's mostly about supply and demand. It would be no surprise here if other sellers followed suit. With many bike models on back order for months, safe bet there are internal RAD people asking why they shouldn't be asking for a little more money....

It would be different if they were sitting on a 90 day supply. My thought anyway, FWIW. -Al

My recollection when it was announced was that $999 for the Mission and (I think] $1499 for the Wagon 4 at $1499 that those were introductory prices, subject to change at some future date. It seems like that date has arrived.

Normally at this time of year I would say wait for a BF, holiday or year-end close out sale of extra stock, but with COVID and orders backlogged for a month or more, I don’t believe those types of sales will occur this year.

Just my 2 cents - RangerDave

It seems kind of shady to me that they would raise the price of the Mission before any customer reviews are out anywhere.

Their whole we will not honor mil/vet teachers has soured me more than I little. Really like the runner, hate the bs.

They have to pay for their new Van system somehow :) . It's only a c note and not unexpected as mentioned with demand so high, tariffs ongoing etc.

All year, until recently apparently, Rad used to offer $100 discounts to Military, Teachers, first responders. They seemed to have stopped that in September. The refer a friend $50 discount is still available but I'm not sure if the $100 off for already being a Rad owner is. We were able to use that discount in August when we added a 3rd Rad to our garage. (though it hasn't arrived yet)

The question now is... will Rad be able to put 2021 models out in January like previously? If so, the increase on the RadRover may be to discourage people from buying it. (lower the amount of backorders since it's been backordered for a many months now) at some point Rad will want to stop taking backorders entirely for their 2020 models.

The question now is... will Rad be able to put 2021 models out in January like previously? If so, the increase on the RadRover may be to discourage people from buying it. (lower the amount of backorders since it's been backordered for a many months now) at some point Rad will want to stop taking backorders entirely for their 2020 models.
You can't have it both ways! If you like putting the screws to China, then be ready to pay US prices. Personally, I will pay more.

This year is not a normal one. They are not usually backordered this late in the year. I doubt they will be this backordered this time next year.
I get what you are saying... but if they were to charge $1700 for the same thing they used to charge $1500 for, (and it's not caused by a tariff issue) they are getting closer to the "let's just buy one fully assembled from a local bike shop, that I can test ride and that can also immediately deal with any issues" mentality. I've met people with new Ebikes on the trails who knew about Rad but didn't want to screw around with having one shipped and having to assemble it.

Also, if you start going higher in price without apparent value for the consumer, there are going to be a lot of people turned off. Especially the internet researcher type... because they would see things like... Rad's 750 vs. true 750w motor. And learn about Rad's absurd upcharges on shipping accessories and parts. (Wanna buy 6 sets of replacement brake pads that weigh less than a pound? $27 in shipping)

And I don't say this because I don't like Rad. We've bought 4 of them this year. I say this because I like Rad.

Just my 2 cents.

In my opinion, they need to do something about the back order situation. Logically, either up production or raise prices. Most logically, IMO, do both, but if they can't increase production, or maybe even if they can, raise prices.

I'm not in the market for another Rad bike right now, but don't think an extra $100 would slow me down much if I was. Surely there is price sensitivity at some point, but this is fairly trivial.

TT

Also, if you start going higher in price without apparent value for the consumer, there are going to be a lot of people turned off.

Don't forget that Rad fairly recently added "free" fenders and a rear light to at least the Rover without raising the price.

TT

Ordered this week cart said in November,but other bike models bought are super late also,no one in my city takes buses or subway anymore im guessing this happening everywhere,this summer their were 0 road bikes to be found no place, i live in Montreal, Toronto too ,thats why i pulled the trigger on a radmission,i dont mind as long as i get it for xmas morning lollllll stay safe 🚲🚴🤣

Ordered this week cart said in November,but other bike models bought are super late also,no one in my city takes buses or subway anymore im guessing this happening everywhere,this summer their were 0 road bikes to be found no place, i live in Montreal, Toronto too ,thats why i pulled the trigger on a radmission,i dont mind as long as i get it for xmas morning lollllll stay safe 🚲🚴🤣
My Ride1up Core 5 will get here before the end of this month. Stay safe also.

Not sure theres alot of ebikes on market,i picked up a radmission 1499$ plus helmet,fenders, kickstand,stickers +tax 2000$ thats expensive i couldnt find a shop with ebikes in Montreal under 4-5000 ,i think market will go through roof others raised their prices too

Back