Rack on Fathom E+ 3 is it possible?

johnd12

Region
Canada
City
Calgary
Does this bike have the necessary holes to mount a rack?
It's a no go for me if it does not.

I don't own a Fathom E+3 but from pictures available on the net, it appears the bike is not designed for a rear rack. A universal rack such as this one may be adaptable:

If what you want to carry is less than 25#, you could also use a seatpost only type rack:

This type has no standoffs to keep panniers from contacting the spokes though.

I suppose it depends on how much you like the Fathom. It is a sharp looking bike. Both these adaptable racks would probably work but they can make it difficult to remove or adjust the seat height.

Perhaps a Fathom owner here can provide more information.

I didn't notice any model of Fathom that includes a rack. Not even the Fathom E+ Pro. So it looks like no joy for a factory rear rack.

I have the 2020 FathomE+ 1 Pro. It does not have any attachment points for a rack. My LBS has ordered a Thule Tour Rack for me. Hopefully it arives next week.

+1 on the topeak Tetrarack. I have one on my Trance and one on my Haibike Full Seven and they work well. While it says you can put a lot of weight in it, I am not so sure about that for long trips. I'd go to an Old Man Mountain rack and a Robert's Axle project for really heavy packing.

Back