Quick-E+

After heaps of contemplation in whether to go a Fathom E+ 2 Pro, I ended up deciding on the Quick E+ (2019). Picked it up yesterday and rode to work today. Commute - 18km - was about 55 minutes normally, now it's 40. :) Bike is really smooth to ride and very comfortable. But my tyres are running a bit under ideal pressure. The G-One's are grippy, quiet and super smooth, even compared to the 2.5" Maxxis Grifters on my old bike. It darts off from stops, and zips around corners with ease. I was overtaking lots of others but some would pass me later on going >30km/h.

I got it for AU$3100 and was the last one at my LBS, none available at the wholesaler (Giant). They're really running out now, and depends on LBS stocks. But 2020 models coming out in June-July.

I got them to switch the saddle to a Serfas RX Performance and the grips to Giant Ergo's which all up they did for AU$100. The RRP on the saddle alone was $99. So I'm happy. But the 25km/h limit is going to bug me...

You can always just chip it, I did with my 2018 and love not being stuck doing 25kph in 60 kph traffic.

The Quick E+ fits well with Steadyrack Fender rack as well, so no storage problems in the Bike stable

Attachments

• Yn1TplCwT1utC%Zdsp+6Aw.jpg
    Yn1TplCwT1utC%Zdsp+6Aw.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 546
Another Quick E+ (2019) convert here, picked it up this afternoon from LBS. NZ version so unlike our Aussie cousins its not speed limited to 25kmph. Interesting NZ is treated as a another state branch of Au by Gaint, so like every one else is finding the MIK deck is on backorder, apparently a hundred or so on back order for NZ. I have an old Kathmandu Pannier that seams to fit without the deck, but will get it anyway. Pedals changed already

I'm curious - what speed does NZ allow?

Hi all, I'm a new Quick E+ (2019) owner in Southern California. I bought the bike to save on gas and get in shape. I was driving about 1 hour one-way to work (23 miles) and noticed that there is this nice bike path along the freeway - I started reading about ebikes and pulled the trigger. So far I've owned the bike for two weeks and have biked to/from work 3 times a week and hoping to go to 4 or 5. The bike ride takes about 10 mins longer than it takes to drive so I'm happy so far (driving traffic is really bad here). I'm 6' 330 lbs and hopefully will be getting in shape quick =). Any one have recommendations for a good seatpost? I'm thinking about getting one to make the ride a bit smoother.

The Kinekt seatpost made a world of difference in my commute on my Quick E. It really smooths out the bumps and makes the ride much more comfortable. They have amazing customer service too. If you contact them directly, or your LBS, they do have an XL version that isn't in stores yet. It is good for 300+ lbs and you can put in smaller springs as you loose weight.

The Kinekt seatpost made a world of difference in my commute on my Quick E. It really smooths out the bumps and makes the ride much more comfortable. They have amazing customer service too. If you contact them directly, or your LBS, they do have an XL version that isn't in stores yet. It is good for 300+ lbs and you can put in smaller springs as you loose weight.
awesome good to know thank you. I've been reading about that one, kind of expensive but I like the idea of changing springs out as I loose.

+1 for a kinekt seatpost

I have an issue that looks like a design issue with the frame. I noticed the rear wheel was on an angle when I first did a test ride, I got the LBS to build a new bike up which looked ok and thats what I've got. 160km later and the rear wheel is on an angle and rubbing the left chain stay. Had a look at home tonight a found a few things. The left rear drop out also has the derailed hanger in it. This is held in place by one bolt and replicates the cutout on the frame. But theres room for the hanger to move. Unfortunately the axel on the rear wheel only extends into the hanger portion of the drop out and not in to the frame portion.

So over time with a few bumps, and torque from the motor the dropper gets rotated forward a fraction. This then rotates the wheel alignment and the gape between the tyre and the left chain stay decreases....mmmmm

Attachments

• avXL%0EES3K+qWvuo048JQ.jpg
    avXL%0EES3K+qWvuo048JQ.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
  • ZdU9+jHEREWxOwNargZOPw.jpg
    ZdU9+jHEREWxOwNargZOPw.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • Nes6bUPfTg+C0t5Dm54P4A.jpg
    Nes6bUPfTg+C0t5Dm54P4A.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 43
I have an issue that looks like a design issue with the frame. I noticed the rear wheel was on an angle when I first did a test ride, I got the LBS to build a new bike up which looked ok and thats what I've got. 160km later and the rear wheel is on an angle and rubbing the left chain stay. Had a look at home tonight a found a few things. The left rear drop out also has the derailed hanger in it. This is held in place by one bolt and replicates the cutout on the frame. But theres room for the hanger to move. Unfortunately the axel on the rear wheel only extends into the hanger portion of the drop out and not in to the frame portion.

So over time with a few bumps, and torque from the motor the dropper gets rotated forward a fraction. This then rotates the wheel alignment and the gape between the tyre and the left chain stay decreases....mmmmm

Yes I've had the same issue, these bikes are definitely divas and require a lot of regular maintenance if you ride a lot. I reset mine after two months of riding and it seemed to be holding at last tire change but I'll check it again soon.

I had the same issue. I tightened up the Derailleur hanger as tight as I reckoned it would take and that solved it for me ;)

NZs consumer guarantees act probably covers this in that items must be free from small faults. Will talk to LBS to get their view, as they will likely have to go back to Gaint for an answer.

I had the same issue initially. A good Shimano quick release skewer and some park tool supergrip compound between the dropout and hanger worked for me.

I eventually switched to an anti theft skewer, which doesn’t clamp as hard. I put some epoxy in the gap at the front of the dropout to keep it from rotating. Should come out easily enough if the hanger needs replacing.

A longer axle on the rear wheel would also provide a solution.

I had the same issue initially. A good Shimano quick release skewer and some park tool supergrip compound between the dropout and hanger worked for me.

I eventually switched to an anti theft skewer, which doesn’t clamp as hard. I put some epoxy in the gap at the front of the dropout to keep it from rotating. Should come out easily enough if the hanger needs replacing.

A longer axle on the rear wheel would also provide a solution.

Agree that a longer axel would easily fix the issue.

I bought the bike and the back wheel started rubbing while I was still in the bike parking lot. The bike store loosened and retightened the back wheel and I haven’t had any issues since.

I’ve ridden 400 miles so far and the only other issue I had was the 10mph issue mentioned in this thread but that was easily fixed.

My bike has gotten really creaky when pedaling hard, anyone else have this issue?

It seems to be in the bottom bracket or drive unit/mounts. All the external bolts are tight. Not seat or handlebar related, also not related to chain tension or wheels. Can replicate it in a repair stand.

Gonna have to take it in to the shop when I’m not working all day every day. Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem.

Back