Quick-E+

The cable is for plugging things into your computer. Its nice that they include it because it is micro USB and it’s hard to find micro USB to Micro USB or Mini USB cables. For charging lights or your phone off the bikes battery. I’m not sure what the bar mount is. With a photo I’m sure someone can tell you.

Hi all.

I own a 2018 Quick E+ <snip> Anyway, I was disappointed with the integrated rack system on the bike. I had to purchase a smaller set. It works fine (see photo), but I had to remove the other pannier, as it was rubbing and wearing the cable housing.

I've just purchased a 2019 Quick E+ and have similar problems. I was hoping to be able to use the integrated rack without having to purchase the MIK deck as I really like the clean lines of the rack. Unfortunately my large back roller classic Ortlieb panniers don't quite work. They *almost* fit but I'm worried about cable rub on the drive train side and also my heels catch on the bags sometimes (admittedly I do have big feet). I've ordered the MIK deck so hopefully that solves my issues without me having to shell out for new panniers (which would be a real shame as I am very happy with my Ortliebs).

Otherwise I am extremely happy with the 2019 version (although I think the 2018 colour scheme was snazzier).

The big selling point for me was being able to buy the 45km/h speed limited version. I rode a single speed for 10 years (and have ridden unicycles for 20+ years) so am used to pushing hard. When I'm pushing hard on the Quick E+ I can cruise around the lows 40s, which wouldn't be doable on an e-bike speed limited to 32 km/h (I know because I tried a bunch of different models).

Here is the little back with the mount and USB lead. Any ideas what attaches to the bar mount please? Do Giant make a phone mount that will use those two bolt holes?
Another thing I would appreciate advice on is that when freewheeling/coasting tonight approaching a road junction I went to take power again and it was like the chain had come of. A bit disconcerting in the dark I must say. Am I right in thinking this is a quirk. It was odd as it was like the motor 'caught up' and the gears re-engaged. But approaching home it happened and I couldn't get power and had to stop then start again - weird.
Any thoughts?
The bar mount :
20190327_205535.jpg

you can get a MIK compatible deck with Giants Metro E rack that is made for the earlier Quick E bikes. The one that is compatible with the 2019 is just a flat deck bolt on but the Metro E is an entire rack replacement. It’s a really great rack. It gives more height too so you can use full size panniers too.

You may want to try the regular MIK deck. Here in the US, I was told the same thing, after I ordered the deck, but it bolted right on no problems. It is a great addition.

@Gator - Do you have the 5 speed or 3 speed 2018? The 5 speed has the same stock rack at the 2019 which accepts the MIK deck. The 3 speed 2018 does not, but saying that, the little nibs that are on the inside of the 3 speed rack are threaded. So maybe the MIK deck could be bolted on depending on the width of the two pieces.

One thing I did notice (please correct me if I've got this wrong) is that both the 2019 Explore and Quick have 500 watt-rated batteries but on doing the sums the Quick has actually 490-odd watts whereas the Explore is actually nearer 410 watts.

Here in Canada, the there is one Quick-E+ variant = 13.8 Ah -> 497 Wh, and a few Explore-E+ variants. The Explore-E+ 1 has upgraded components, fenders, rack, etc and same ~500 Wh battery. The Explore-E+ 3 uses more budget friendly components, has no fenders or racks and has a 11.3 Ah or 407 Wh battery.

I’m struggling to choose between the Explore-E+ 1 and the Quick-E+ ... I like the front suspension on the Explore but not convinced I really need some of the component upgrades (fr derailleur for Eg) so the price jump is an issue for me.

Choices choices.

Here in Canada, the there is one Quick-E+ variant = 13.8 Ah -> 497 Wh, and a few Explore-E+ variants. The Explore-E+ 1 has upgraded components, fenders, rack, etc and same ~500 Wh battery. The Explore-E+ 3 uses more budget friendly components, has no fenders or racks and has a 11.3 Ah or 407 Wh battery.

I’m struggling to choose between the Explore-E+ 1 and the Quick-E+ ... I like the front suspension on the Explore but not convinced I really need some of the component upgrades (fr derailleur for Eg) so the price jump is an issue for me.

Choices choices.

And don’t forget all the “accessories “ that get added with a new bike. Hopefully these bikes come with a light, an absolute safety necessity.
The best thing I added was a suspension seat post. Made a huge difference.

And don’t forget all the “accessories “ that get added with a new bike. Hopefully these bikes come with a light, an absolute safety necessity.
The best thing I added was a suspension seat post. Made a huge difference.

:thumbsup: Yes, both the Quick-E+ and the Explore-E+ 1 come with integrated front and rear lights. The paired down Explore-E+ 3, however, does not.

I suspect I will need the suspension seat post as well ... my tired old sit bones could use some pampering. ;)

Hey Guys, any thoughts about hanging a Quick E+ vertically, from the front rim, like in the attached? The bike cage at work is getting pretty full (lots of e-bikes) but no one is hanging them yet. Wonder if anyone's tried this and seen any damage

Attachments

• 20190320_090827.jpg
    20190320_090827.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 484
Hey Guys, any thoughts about hanging a Quick E+ vertically, from the front rim, like in the attached? The bike cage at work is getting pretty full (lots of e-bikes) but no one is hanging them yet. Wonder if anyone's tried this and seen any damage

I have hung my Quick-E from a similar rack. I have chopped the front mudguard down to make a shorty mudguard. This was due to my son's big feet whacking the back of it so I had to take action.This means the mudguard is not damaged. In order to lift it, it's best to remove the battery even temporarily. The type of hanger I was using fits the front wheel in and it was a snug fit. Might not work if the tyres were pumped up hard. The reason I tried was this was closest to a Electric point to charge the battery. However, my lock didn't stretch far enough so I abandoned the idea. Took the battery upstairs and charged it by my desk. Put the bike back down and locked it to a hoop.

Hi all, new to the forum as I'm about to lay down cash for a Quick E+ 2019! However I've been reading a bit about the Fathom E+ 3 2019. This is for commuting each day 18km each way. Does anyone commute on a Fathom? The Pro model is a bit more $ than the Quick. It's for comfort mainly as my commute can involve occasional over gutters and bluestone paving as well as on roads and bike trails. I'd want to kit it out with mudguards and lights. Plus the pro has deore XT components, bigger battery and a lighter motor and frame. I've always wanted to get into mountain biking anyway so this could be my way...

After heaps of contemplation in whether to go a Fathom E+ 2 Pro, I ended up deciding on the Quick E+ (2019). Picked it up yesterday and rode to work today. Commute - 18km - was about 55 minutes normally, now it's 40. :) Bike is really smooth to ride and very comfortable. But my tyres are running a bit under ideal pressure. The G-One's are grippy, quiet and super smooth, even compared to the 2.5" Maxxis Grifters on my old bike. It darts off from stops, and zips around corners with ease. I was overtaking lots of others but some would pass me later on going >30km/h.

I got it for AU$3100 and was the last one at my LBS, none available at the wholesaler (Giant). They're really running out now, and depends on LBS stocks. But 2020 models coming out in June-July.

I got them to switch the saddle to a Serfas RX Performance and the grips to Giant Ergo's which all up they did for AU$100. The RRP on the saddle alone was $99. So I'm happy. But the 25km/h limit is going to bug me...

Another Quick E+ (2019) convert here, picked it up this afternoon from LBS. NZ version so unlike our Aussie cousins its not speed limited to 25kmph. Interesting NZ is treated as a another state branch of Au by Gaint, so like every one else is finding the MIK deck is on backorder, apparently a hundred or so on back order for NZ. I have an old Kathmandu Pannier that seams to fit without the deck, but will get it anyway. Pedals changed already

Back