Quick-E+

I am considering buying one of these bikes. Did you ever install the Giant Rack-It Metro E? Would love to see a pic if possible?

We got the rack-it for my wife’s 2017 quick-e so we could attach a kid seat. It fits well - the only issue I see is that the bolts for the low profile rack leave holes in the fender that aren’t covered by the new rack. I’d take a picture now but the bike seat is attached and I’m not sure where the keys are to unlock the seat at this moment.

I have the rack-it on my toughroad and it is solid - no complaints there

Last edited:
We got the rack-it for my wife’s 2017 quick-e so we could attach a kid seat. It fits well - the only issue I see is that the bolts for the low profile rack leave holes in the fender that aren’t covered by the new rack. I’d take a picture now but the bike seat is attached and I’m not sure where the keys are to unlock the seat at this moment.

I have the rack-it on my toughroad and it is solid - no complaints there

Thanks for the reply. So do you like the Quick e + ?

Thanks for the reply. So do you like the Quick e + ?
Yes! My wife uses it mostly for short trips but she pulls two toddlers in a double chariot and a preschooler in a seat on the back. She says no way she would do that without the assist.

She upgraded the grips and the saddle for comfort.

Yes! My wife uses it mostly for short trips but she pulls two toddlers in a double chariot and a preschooler in a seat on the back. She says no way she would do that without the assist.

She upgraded the grips and the saddle for comfort.

Awesome, just curious how well does the battery do with the extra weight?

Anybody out there with a Quick E with the top flat piece on their rack. Anybody know where you can find one? The Quick E I looked at Fri. had the same mounting hole, but no top rack. It just had little plastic inserts in the holes. This bike is the European version of the Explore.
explore-e-plus-0-gts-color-a-jpg.18308

Anybody out there with a Quick E with the top flat piece on their rack. Anybody know where you can find one?

I do not know the answer, but often manufacturers use parts that they have made for their bikes but that they do not offer for aftermarket sales, so it would not surprise me if you could not buy it.

Update: My LBS called and said someone in California dropped the ball and my bike has not shipped yet. They said they would keep looking around the US for one and see if they could get it here any sooner. He said they had a lead on one on the East coast so we will see. Yea I was bummed, but the guy I am working with seems pretty straight-forward so I am going to hang in there for a while longer before I move on to choice #2.

Hello Tony,

Sorry for the late response. I actually bought 1/8 silicone sheet and cut them out. I also used plastic fasteners with locking nuts so they didn’t back off. Couldn’t find any flaps so I came up with that.

Anybody out there with a Quick E with the top flat piece on their rack. Anybody know where you can find one? The Quick E I looked at Fri. had the same mounting hole, but no top rack. It just had little plastic inserts in the holes. This bike is the European version of the Explore.
explore-e-plus-0-gts-color-a-jpg.18308
I found one. Giant started carrying the piece. https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/mik-compatible-rear-deck-2019
I ordered one and it lines up perfectly with the attachment points already there. They just started carrying them for the 2019 models.

I talked with a Giant rep and was told if you have the "updated" rear rack that deck will work. But if you have the 2018 version it won't fit. Just FYI.

I talked with a Giant rep and was told if you have the "updated" rear rack that deck will work. But if you have the 2018 version it won't fit. Just FYI.

I bought one and it fit. Already installed. I'll try to get a pic up this weekend.

Anyone know if the rims on a 2018 Quick E + are tubeless ready? I did not see anything on the Giant spec sheet.

Hello Quick E+ users. I just got a 2019 version and love it. I was wondering though, if there are any tips on riding this on a more level surface. I am looking for cadence and gear tips on using the Yamaha motor. As for uphill, I have found the sweet spots. I have going down hill down ;)...

By the way, I did get the rack for mine from Giant and the MIK rack adapters as well. Works great!

Thanks
Andre

Hello Quick E+ users. I just got a 2019 version and love it. I was wondering though, if there are any tips on riding this on a more level surface. I am looking for cadence and gear tips on using the Yamaha motor. As for uphill, I have found the sweet spots. I have going down hill down ;)...

By the way, I did get the rack for mine from Giant and the MIK rack adapters as well. Works great!

Thanks
Andre
I love that 2019 model. It has some very nice refinements over the 2018 model. On the flats I shift up till I am comfortable with my cadence then I go up with the assist. I am hoping this saves on battery, but I have no stats. Enjoy that bike =D Would love to see some pics.

Back