Questions re: Kommoda Advance Settings

arcom

The Kommoda is my first experience with a display that allows you to drill down into the settings, some of which the descriptions don't really tell me much. Here's a few that I really don't know what they do or how to set them. Any suggestions?

6.1 Wheel Size Setting
Short press “MODE” button to enter the setting option. The settable values are: 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 700C, 27.5, 28 and 29 inch. Select the corresponding wheel diameter of the E-bike through “UP” and “DOWN” button to ensure the accuracy of the speed display and mileage display. Long press “MODE” button to return to the setting list interface. The bike came with this set to 23. Is this the setting for a 20" wheel?

7.2 Speed Sensor Setting
Short press “MODE” button to enter the setting interface. the setting range is from 1 to 6. It should be set according to the number of magnets installed on the wheels of the E-bike. Press “UP/DOWN” button to select the quantity of magnet. Long press “MODE” button to confirm and return to the setting selection interface. So how many magnets are installed?

7.5 Start Strength Setting
Short press “MODE” button to enter the setting interface. The setting range is 1 to 5. 5 is the highest start strength, 1 is the lowest, Press “UP/DOWN” button to select start strength value, Default setting is 3. Long press “MODE” button to confirm and return to the setting selection interface. I left it at 5

7.6 Pas Magnetic Number Setting
Short press “MODE” button to enter the setting interface. The setting range is 5/8/12. It should be set according to the number of magnets disk that installed on the E-bike. Press “UP/DOWN” button to select value, Default setting is 12. Long press “MODE” button to confirm and return to the setting selection interface. I left it at 12

7.9 Speed Duty Setting (PWM)
Short press “MODE” button to enter the setting option. The setting options can be set in the range of 0%-100%. Press “UP/DOWN” button to change the value of the Speed duty percentage. Long press “MODE” button to confirm and return to the setting selection. Not really sure what PWM is.

TIA for any assistance

Last edited:
LCD manual is here:

Wheel Size is literally the size of the wheel. If you have fatter tires you might want to bump it to the next size. Generally this only affects the MPH readout, so the best method is to compare against a GPS and then up/down to get as close as possible.

Speed Sensor - just leave it at the default, which is probably one. Again, this probably only affects the MPH readout.

Start Strength - Is probably just how powerful the motor is from a stand-still.

PAS Magnetic Number - Leave it at the default. It's the number of magnets in the crank, and 12 is typical for Bafang hub motored bikes.

Speed Duty Setting (PWM) - PWM is Pulse Width Modulation, which is a simple way to vary the voltage applied to the motor. I suspect this is some kind of speed limiter. If the bike is too fast, lower the percentage (hah!).

Back