Questions about the Hydra

I was actually able to source some MT5E brakes from an online vendor so they are out there. Now if I had the option to go with the MT7E well that’s a no brainer.
Just so I understand your focus Vinny, what would make this a no brainer?

I wanted the Hayes Dominion A4s from what I read about them in my original research...until Pushkar told me that those didn't have motor disconnect aspects to them. On my Sondors MXS I had to get used to the brake disconnect switch at first but then it became a useful tool.

So I guess it is MT7E for me.

I was actually able to source some MT5E brakes from an online vendor so they are out there. Now if I had the option to go with the MT7E well that’s a no brainer.
I was looking around via google for the saddle WW and others bragged about but had become out of stock. Also 27.5 x 3 tires that are on my Sondors, I like, and were not in stock most places. Turns out they were easily available over in the EU - just add a little shipping cost.

I’ve said this before on the site but I think that bears repeating. Parts are in short supply I always do my best to make Pushkar‘s life as easy as possible. I tell him if the stock parts are not available an upgrade is please put them on my bike I’ll pay the upgrade it’s no problem. If the parts are a downgrade again it’s no problem just do your best. One Hydra came with the Chinese derailleur on it but it worked. the bike got dropped, it bent and I changed it out but I have been riding my bikes not waiting for parts. I trust Pushkar‘s judgment.
I have bought two bikes from him now with a third on order and they kick ass.

Just so I understand your focus Vinny, what would make this a no brainer?

I wanted the Hayes Dominion A4s from what I read about them in my original research...until Pushkar told me that those didn't have motor disconnect aspects to them. On my Sondors MXS I had to get used to the brake disconnect switch at first but then it became a useful tool.

So I guess it is MT7E for me.
The MT7E is a better braking system vs the MT5E

Well i ordered in dec 2020 and am still in the dark when it might be ready
I’m in Jan, think frame was painted.. well over a month ago got email saying it was being painted. Recent photo on Instagram can sorta read the order numbers pinned to two of the frames, they are earlier than mine.

I’m in Jan, think frame was painted.. well over a month ago got email saying it was being painted. Recent photo on Instagram can sorta read the order numbers pinned to two of the frames, they are earlier than mine.
I ordered April. Should arrive right in time for the rainy season, lol.

bexamous and GustyWinds, sorry your builds and ship dates are not moving along sooner. That has to be some form of disappointing.

I'm interested in your planned use of the Hydra and don't readily see it when I search back in your previous posts. I do a lot of trail riding on fire roads etc. that is way below the Hydra's capabilities but will be interested in climbing steeper terrain when I have a more capable bike. Also becoming interested in the idea of exploring further into the back country using fire roads. I notice that my mind gravitates to going up hill as much as possible the first part of the ride and worst case scenario, even if my battery ran out, I can coast back down to my vehicle.

GustyWinds it sounds like you will do a bunch of forest service road riding right? By the way, I carry a folding hand saw with me when I ride and clear fallen limbs or tree tops off the road/trail and a near weekly basis.

bexamous and GustyWinds, sorry your builds and ship dates are not moving along sooner. That has to be some form of disappointing.

I'm interested in your planned use of the Hydra and don't readily see it when I search back in your previous posts. I do a lot of trail riding on fire roads etc. that is way below the Hydra's capabilities but will be interested in climbing steeper terrain when I have a more capable bike. Also becoming interested in the idea of exploring further into the back country using fire roads. I notice that my mind gravitates to going up hill as much as possible the first part of the ride and worst case scenario, even if my battery ran out, I can coast back down to my vehicle.

GustyWinds it sounds like you will do a bunch of forest service road riding right? By the way, I carry a folding hand saw with me when I ride and clear fallen limbs or tree tops off the road/trail and a near weekly basis.
There’s a network of logging roads behind my property that I look forward to exploring. Lots of places that aren’t accessible by vehicle and too far to walk. There’s literally an entire forest mountain range surrounding my homestead, so almost endless exploration opportunities. I do a lot of wild foraging so will be looking to catalog edible and medicinal mushroom/plant locations. I may try to do some small game hunting/fishing at some point as well, using the hydra to access unique locations. Also, it’s the type of effortless exercise that I enjoy. Effortless in the fact that there’s no intentionality to exercise, it’s just a byproduct of doing something I love.

Ha, that sounds great. My wife focuses on exercise a fair amount. I tell her it wasn't exercise that got me into ebiking. (For me it's the fun and expanded exploration. ) I climb trees through the week carrying 35 to 55 lbs of extra gear.

Your back yard sounds like the perfect environment to be close to for me. As I get closer to receiving my Hydra I think of more and more places to ride. Like forest service roads where they have blocked them to truck traffic in recent years by steel pipe gates or logs across the road. Not a problem for a bike.

I’ve said this before on the site but I think that bears repeating. Parts are in short supply I always do my best to make Pushkar‘s life as easy as possible. I tell him if the stock parts are not available an upgrade is please put them on my bike I’ll pay the upgrade it’s no problem. If the parts are a downgrade again it’s no problem just do your best. One Hydra came with the Chinese derailleur on it but it worked. the bike got dropped, it bent and I changed it out but I have been riding my bikes not waiting for parts. I trust Pushkar‘s judgment.
I have bought two bikes from him now with a third on order and they kick ass.
@Acme - I totally get what you're saying. I really try to overall not bother people too. But the reason I've been attempting to reach out to Pushkar IS to tell him to use available parts and I'll pay upgrade cost, or if it's a downgrade, just let me know so I can make an informed decision on it. My problem isn't about the parts availability, it's more so that I haven't been able to communicate that to Pushkar for 3-4 weeks. Hell, I even used their contact widget on their site 2-3 weeks ago, to inform them of change of shipping address since I had an unexpected move, and I STILL haven't heard anything back from that, and my address still hasn't been updated on the site.

Really all I'm looking for is 10-15 minutes of chat/talk time so that I can figure out the parts situation/accept new charges or make changes as needed for unavailable parts and get my shipping address updated. It's great you've been able to tell him to make those switches for you, but that's my problem - I've received zero communication across a month (and really wasn't bothering before) and have NOT been able to tell him anything similar for myself. Scratch that, I DID receive communication giving me an expectation of a call on Monday of this past week, to which I actually received no call, and then attempts to reach back out where also ignored/met with silence.

Not exactly the same situation, but you know how it feels when you make a service appointment with something like the cable company for 10-2 on Monday, and no one shows up, AND no one answers the phone when you're trying to find out why? That's where I'm at.

Again, I know all of this is just exacerbated on my side from my situation and the stress of sound/reliable transportation. It's just something I wish was a lot different from somewhere I've sank several thousand dollars into.

However, at this point, I really think that their site should update the ETA for Hydra's on their product availability page from 45-60 days to 90-120 days (or more) for a realistic timeline, and then they could impress people by beating the ETA. As well, the Hydra build page could use some attention again, as it still states "Next batch starts shipping Late June / early July 2021.", revealing that the page hasn't really been touched much since sometime before "Late June".

@Rome - thanks for the offer. I haven't spoken with Pushkar since like late July when the availability page was updated to show that the Archon light sensor wasn't available, and chatted with him briefly about that. But from our conversation I'm still not 100% sure what we're doing for my build given that shortage. I don't know if he's omitting it (thus credit?) or putting it on and shipping a chip later, or what... But yeah, that was the last time I'd been able to reach him, and that was by calling the number I had for him at the time.

I'm aware he's been on vacation, and probably dealing with Ida some... I totally get that - I live in Louisiana and where I live we got particularly slammed when it made landfall here... Here's hoping that the team didn't end up dealing with too much themselves. I will hold off on asking for it though until Wednesday, and hopefully I'll get a chance to hear from him via some avenue (email, phone, website chat widget, carrier pigeon, etc) - but if I don't then I may reach out... I had A number for him at some point, but not sure if I still do or if it is valid.

@Rome - thanks for the offer. I haven't spoken with Pushkar since like late July when the availability page was updated to show that the Archon light sensor wasn't available, and chatted with him briefly about that. But from our conversation I'm still not 100% sure what we're doing for my build given that shortage. I don't know if he's omitting it (thus credit?) or putting it on and shipping a chip later, or what... But yeah, that was the last time I'd been able to reach him, and that was by calling the number I had for him at the time.

I'm aware he's been on vacation, and probably dealing with Ida some... I totally get that - I live in Louisiana and where I live we got particularly slammed when it made landfall here... Here's hoping that the team didn't end up dealing with too much themselves. I will hold off on asking for it though until Wednesday, and hopefully I'll get a chance to hear from him via some avenue (email, phone, website chat widget, carrier pigeon, etc) - but if I don't then I may reach out... I had A number for him at some point, but not sure if I still do or if it is valid.
I feel your pain and I know sometimes it’s difficult but you just have to have faith that Pushkar is doing the best he can. I’m sure he simply has nothing good to say right now and he is working on and simultaneously waiting for a part for your bike as well as many others. Maybe even my Hydra😀 They do tend to go in batches due to some random part that “finally came in” so I’m sure he’ll have a hurried bunch of phone calls and emails when they are getting close. Depending on his staff and parts they can turn out up to 20 bikes a week. As I mentioned in an earlier post Pushkar has received a big batch of mediums so a bunch of them will be going out in the next 60 days parts dependent of course.

I feel your pain and I know sometimes it’s difficult but you just have to have faith that Pushkar is doing the best he can. I’m sure he simply has nothing good to say right now and he is working on and simultaneously waiting for a part for your bike as well as many others. Maybe even my Hydra😀 They do tend to go in batches due to some random part that “finally came in” so I’m sure he’ll have a hurried bunch of phone calls and emails when they are getting close. Depending on his staff and parts they can turn out up to 20 bikes a week. As I mentioned in an earlier post Pushkar has received a big batch of mediums so a bunch of them will be going out in the next 60 days parts dependent of course.
Faith is what you have when you go to church. I can't possibly know the problems associated with building dozens/hundreds of Bikes, and I don't need to know them. I do think that I should know a realistic build and delivery timeline. To just ignore e-mails and phone calls, after waiting over 6 months, (ordered Hydra February 24th 2021), is not acceptable in this world of mass communication. I did get an employee a couple weeks ago via phone and was told my bike would be ready for delivery on the 3rd of September. The problem with that is I have not spoken to anyone regarding upgrades, downgrades, final invoice, which of course, is necessary before delivery. I am eagerly waiting that exercise. So it won't be the 3rd of September but weeks later I'm afraid. I was told in the same phone call that Pushkar would call me, which has still not happened. I emphasize with all current bike manufacturers, especially the small ones like Watt Wagon, but as mentioned by several forum members, communication is the key here. A short and general response to e-mails from the persons that have been waiting for over 5-6 months is not an unrealistic request. In my opinion it is mandatory for small company growth.I have a schedule too and the date(s) that I may be called for final build parts, or delivery or problems enter into that schedule. Finally.....I know I will get my bike, and I will be happy with it, but that doesn't change the fact that it would be a lot less stressful if I could get something from somebody at Wattwagon.

Faith is what you have when you go to church. I can't possibly know the problems associated with building dozens/hundreds of Bikes, and I don't need to know them. I do think that I should know a realistic build and delivery timeline. To just ignore e-mails and phone calls, after waiting over 6 months, (ordered Hydra February 24th 2021), is not acceptable in this world of mass communication. I did get an employee a couple weeks ago via phone and was told my bike would be ready for delivery on the 3rd of September. The problem with that is I have not spoken to anyone regarding upgrades, downgrades, final invoice, which of course, is necessary before delivery. I am eagerly waiting that exercise. So it won't be the 3rd of September but weeks later I'm afraid. I was told in the same phone call that Pushkar would call me, which has still not happened. I emphasize with all current bike manufacturers, especially the small ones like Watt Wagon, but as mentioned by several forum members, communication is the key here. A short and general response to e-mails from the persons that have been waiting for over 5-6 months is not an unrealistic request. In my opinion it is mandatory for small company growth.I have a schedule too and the date(s) that I may be called for final build parts, or delivery or problems enter into that schedule. Finally.....I know I will get my bike, and I will be happy with it, but that doesn't change the fact that it would be a lot less stressful if I could get something from somebody at Wattwagon.
You want lack of communication? Try buying a Sondors.

Maybe that's why he went with a WW as he thought he would be getting some sort of reasonable communication on his order. Which is I'm sure a substantial amount of a cash commitment.
About a year ago I got my frame and motor from Pushkar and it was like pulling teeth to get any kind of answer and when he did respond his timeline wasn't even close to correct.
Iv'e said it multiple times.... Mr. P NEEDS to have a designated person dealing with e-mails and coms. And that's ALL they do. Being proactive instead of reactive will always work out better. Nothing will drive a customer elsewhere faster than being ignored.
Being "on vacation" has no bearing on business production unless your a one man show and even then you better be ahead of the curve if your taking time off.

Ida really? your going with that? The lack of communication started after this event? Please.

This was absolutely the major factor in me not purchasing anything form Luna anymore which is 2 hrs from my house. No response.. so I go elsewhere. Do they care, probably not but not a smart way to run a business.
If someone or a group of someone's ( I know bad vocabulary ) kept telling you about a consistent defect in your business and the issue doesn't get addressed that speaks volumes. Good news or bad were all big boys we can handle the truth. Shipment got lost, ok Parts on backorder and no delivery date , ok. Just let the guys know ......

Back