Question for experienced builders: wattage

Amanda

I know any changes to an bike can void a warranty but I'm going to ask, as I am curious.

Can an owner 'govern' their bike's Max wattage output?

Through the menu, controller, or something else?

I don't want a cop to google my bike and ticket me for using a 750w on a sidewalk when anything over 500w output is illegal.

I know any changes to an bike can void a warranty but I'm going to ask, as I am curious.

Can an owner 'govern' their bike's Max wattage output?

Through the menu, controller, or something else?

I don't want a cop to google my bike and ticket me for using a 750w on a sidewalk when anything over 500w output is illegal.
Yes for DIY, depending on the setup. Generally you set the maximum amps so multiply battery voltage times amps for maximum watts. What motor ?

California will label all manufactured bikes with max watts in 2017, it seems. No googling then.

Yes for DIY, depending on the setup. Generally you set the maximum amps so multiply battery voltage times amps for maximum watts. What motor ?

California will label all manufactured bikes with max watts in 2017, it seems. No googling then.

It's the motor used in the radcity commuter and I'm not sure what is accessible.

They could tell you if it is possible to change the settings in the controller. There is a forum here, or use the customer service email on the website.

What I can say is the motor is set up for 15 amps. Given the 48 volt battery, that is about 750 watts.

It is also set up to 20 amps max, which they say is not continuous, but might be several minutes going up a hill. That would be about 1000 watts.

No one would ever track this information down unless you were in a serious accident. The California labels may clarify things, but Rad is in Washington.

radcity.JPG

I'm worried because of the branding that they just google it, or read it off the motor hub. I asked customer service but they gave me a no, and also stated hat the bike shouldn't be left out because of the rain which kind of contradicted the founders who stated it was fine so long as a bike could dry off later.

I'm worried because of the branding that they just google it, or read it off the motor hub. I asked customer service but they gave me a no, and also stated hat the bike shouldn't be left out because of the rain which kind of contradicted the founders who stated it was fine so long as a bike could dry off later.

Sorry you have to be concerned about bike police. Some folks have simply de-branded their bikes for personal reasons. The brands can be covered over with vinyl or painted. Also, I find having a nice bike cover keeps the weather off when parked outside. :)

Back