Quad Lock Phone Mount?

GSD Dad

Does anyone use the Quad Lock for their phone on their E-bike? I had a cheap phone holder that broke and looking to replace. I have an iPhone Pro Max and need something that can hold it and is secure. It looks like this will work but, wondered if anyone has any first hand experience with the product? Also, how do you like the case itself for the phone? Since I wouldn’t want to take it in and out of the case I would just use it in that case.

I currently have been keeping my phone in the utility bag I have on the top of my frame near my handle bars.

Thanks for any feedback!

Attachments

• B2293091-A6A6-4B7F-84BD-EB95E9A59E90.jpeg
    B2293091-A6A6-4B7F-84BD-EB95E9A59E90.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 751
I have mounts on all three of my E-Bikes and have a car mount. It’s super secure without question. I had reservations about the case at first ( I have an iPhone X) but it was unfounded. It’s not the thinnest case out there, but also not super thick either. I was sold when I was told it worked fine, and it does, with wireless chargers.

I have mounts on all three of my E-Bikes and have a car mount. It’s super secure without question. I had reservations about the case at first ( I have an iPhone X) but it was unfounded. It’s not the thinnest case out there, but also not super thick either. I was sold when I was told it worked fine, and it does, with wireless chargers.

That‘s good to hear. I currently use a ”pop socket” on my phone and I saw they even have a add-on that does the same thing when it is not on your bike.

I just ordered another Quad Lock case for my new iPhone SE. I can't compare it with any other mount, because this is the only type I've owned, but I'm very happy with mine.
I have a base mount for my car windshield, 3 base mounts for my bikes, and a base mount arm band for running/hiking.

The only negative is the phone case doesn't clink into place as easily as in the promotion video.....or maybe it's just me. :cool:

I bought my Quad Lock case at the end of 2016.

I've had only one case – to fit my iPhone 4 – but have used it with various attachments to suit six bikes.

2020-01-01-rr-ferry-aa.jpg

Sumary:
  • just under 4 years
  • just over 40,000 km including extremely rough trails
  • no problems of any kind
David

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone use the Quad Lock for their phone on their E-bike? I had a cheap phone holder that broke and looking to replace. I have an iPhone Pro Max and need something that can hold it and is secure. It looks like this will work but, wondered if anyone has any first hand experience with the product? Also, how do you like the case itself for the phone? Since I wouldn’t want to take it in and out of the case I would just use it in that case.

I currently have been keeping my phone in the utility bag I have on the top of my frame near my handle bars.

Thanks for any feedback!

Yes, I have the QuadLock Pro version, which is milled from aluminum, and therefore very stiff.

I found putting the iPhone on a bit fussy until you get used to it (must be aligned at 45 degrees and level to the mounting structure, then turned to lock).

Riding around on bad streets, which is equivalent to riding gravel roads, it has been solid. No vibrations, and certainly no movement nor looseness of any sort.

It’s a bit spendy, but I bet it’ll be the last smartphone mount you buy.
2FECDDC2-67AB-43A4-895E-E704C177FFFD.jpeg

If anyone is planning on buying a QuadMount bypass the Handlebar/stem mount (attaches to the bar with elastic rings) and pay a bit more for for the Out front mount or Handlebar mount (both bolt on to the bar)
Detaching the phone, especially if the phone is a plus model, is a PITA with the cheaper mount and it's near impossible to tighten the mount enough to stop it from moving while riding over bumpy pavement or trails. I've even used zap straps, but that didn't help much.

That‘s good to know. Mine is the iPhone PRO Max. I will look at the more secure mounting.

If anyone is planning on buying a QuadMount bypass the Handlebar/stem mount (attaches to the bar with elastic rings) and pay a bit more for for the Out front mount or Handlebar mount (both bolt on to the bar)
Detaching the phone, especially if the phone is a plus model, is a PITA with the cheaper mount and it's near impossible to tighten the mount enough to stop it from moving while riding over bumpy pavement or trails. I've even used zap straps, but that didn't help much.

Just ordered the QuadLock for my Pixel 5. They are running 30% off now for Black Friday. This ebike hobby is starting to get expensive...But actually a hobby that I really enjoy, so worth every penny.

I love the idea of having my phone mounted to the handlebars and I've purchased a several clamp and elastic strap phone mounts that got good reviews on Amazon. However the ones I've purchased do not inspire confidence and I have visions of the phone falling off and hitting the pavement in the midst of traffic, so none of them have made it past the garage. I really liked the Quad Lock design, but not the price. Eventually I decided to bite the bullet and get the Quad Lock Stem Mount and iPhone 11 Pro case.

Love the stem mount, it puts the phone dead center one the handlebars and at the perfect viewing angle.

I really dislike the Quad Lock iPhone case. I carry my phone in my front jeans pocket and I really hate bulky phone cases. I've owned an iPhone since they were first introduced and I've either used no case at all or a very slim (.03mm) case and I've never had so much as a scratch on any phone. The Quad Lock case is unnecessarily thick, bulky and the the docking portion is 4.5mm thick. I purchased a new wireless charger that is supposed to work with cases up to 8mm thick, but my phone would not reliably charge with the QL case. The QL case is extremely rigid and stiff plastic, getting the case on and off the iPhone feels as it I might damage the phone, even after warming the case up with a blowdryer. I sent the QL case back and purchased a Spigen polycarbonate case and a QL Universal Adapter. The Spigen/QL adapter combo still won't charge on any of my wireless chargers, but at least the case is easy to put on/remove so I can only use it when I ride. The QL system would be perfect if they would just use a less rigid material for the sides of the case.

I've used a Quad Lock mount on my bikes (and car and arm band) since they first came on the market. Even after years of use I still can't click the phone into place like the guy in the promotional video can :D and I also find the case to be overly bulky.
The way I've set up the handlebar on my new ebike doesn't allow me to install the Quad Lock mount, so I'm back to carrying my iPhone in my pocket.
Coolbob, thanks for the Spigen link. I plan on buying one for my SE.

I posted about the GUB Phone Mount last AUG in #7 above. I've had this for ~7 months now with excellent results on our very steep and sometimes rough local roads. One of my summer rides covered over 10 miles on steep gravel and dirt roads with some serious ruts. No problems with the mount at all. At $18 it's worth a look.

Our phones are both Androids with ~6" screens, though the mount is adjustable to a wide range of sizes. They both have thin cases for general protection that does help the clamp grap the phone though silicone strips are provided if you prefer to not use a case.

The clamp is all metal construction. Options are available with an added band that goes over the phone corners or a Gopro mount.

It's even available in red for the fasterest riders! 😎

I've had my Quad lock about a month now, and am very happy with it. Yes, it takes a while to get used to mounting the phone, but every now and again I get it first time.

The case, on my Samsung GS7 is a bit bulkier than the Spigen it replaced, but it works fine with my various wireless charging stations and isn't a bother to the way I carry phones.

No, it's not the cheapest product, but if you can afford an e-bike, and a Smartphone, it shouldn't be out of reach. I'm happy to spend a bit more for quality products and IMHO, this is a quality product worth spending the extra on.

My $0.02

My wife and I use the GUB phone mount . Affordable, all metal, secure, even on rougher gravel trails. Our phones do have relatively pliable silicone cases that remain in place when they are clamped in these mounts.
Bought this and am a bit Leery. I wish the pawls were a little longer and a bit more curved. I use a thickish otter box case and am worried the phone may jump out of this mount.

EDIT: Didn't do propper research. They make one for thick cases. Oh well. They're cheap. Pretty well made though.

Last edited:
I sent the QL case back and purchased a Spigen polycarbonate case and a QL Universal Adapter.
Was wondering also about Universal adapter since i already have a case i'm happy with and Qlock doesn't offer a case for my phone brand anyway, is it safe does it hold?
Also there's a quad lock and quad lock pro, there's a a $20 difference but i'm not sure it's necessary to go with the pro, i would use it for commuting mostly.
Thanks for your feedbacks and opinions.

Thanks for the reply. i read other people weren't happy with the stem mount stability but that's not the case for you.

Back