Problems with the wallke april batch: no regen, 22mph top speed, 0mph coasting.

Id love to see 30 mph on gps! Was that on a flat road or slight downhill? Did you get a new controller with your new motor? My new motor performs exactly like the old one leading me to think its not a motor issue. Also interested if your new motor has numbers on it?
Dang sorry to hear that your new motor didn’t solve anything. Yea it seems that two people here were sent with a controller and it gives them both regen and coasting speed. I only got the motor and it hits 30+ mph on flat ground, maybe even slightly uphill. You should try doing a Factory reset and just change the wheel size and that’s it.

Dang sorry to hear that your new motor didn’t solve anything. Yea it seems that two people here were sent with a controller and it gives them both regen and coasting speed. I only got the motor and it hits 30+ mph on flat ground, maybe even slightly uphill. You should try doing a Factory reset and just change the wheel size and that’s it.
Yea, tried that, no luck. Tomorrows video day to Wolf. See where we go from there. If youre getting good speed then maybe he can get mine fixed. Thanks for the reply.

Yea, tried that, no luck. Tomorrows video day to Wolf. See where we go from there. If youre getting good speed then maybe he can get mine fixed. Thanks for the reply.
My wife's bike with new motor goes 28 mph on 22 diameter setting and matches my gps when testing. I'm 250 lbs. They just shipped the 2nd motor for my 2nd bike. Here's one thing I noticed different in the way I did it from you. I never removed the 8t sprockets from my motors. Left them on from swapping and wondering if the new motor has a slightly different one? Also, my new motor looked slightly bigger than old. I feel like they shipped you the old motor again. Here's a pic and you can see my new one(on right) is slightly bigger. I wish I would have weighed and measured it.
20210719_162326.jpg

I found the serial for the new hub on the flat side behind the first gear sprocket of the cassette. I've attached photos of the new hub and controller. I swapped the parts and went for a ride without changing any settings and then only changing the wheel size to match GPS. Speedo working and better power. I did change some settings when I first got the bike but I think I only changed the PAS from 0-3 to 0-5, power percentages and then messed with wheel size. I read and printed off the advanced settings from comments here and only needed to make the bike perform for my ride not even thinking about the regen. I should go back over things again now that I feel ok with performance. I haven't had a lot of time for the bike since the swap so I only have maybe 10 miles since the swap.. My regen "blip" that I couldn't reproduce may be operator inexperience or some electrical feedback ghost in the machine, I don't know. It may be a hassle but I think you should try and get a new controller from them since it looks like you have the same hub and they sent both to me.
I didn't see where anyone was requested to return the old parts? Wolf asked me to send them back and they would reimburse the cost, I told him I would wait for a return label and he agreed that would be fine. So far they've been easy to work with and my issues satisfied- at least for now.

I have always done upgrades on my bikes and this one had to have some attention as well. Swapped in a real air shock in the back, wider bars, cropped the fenders, rear bags, bullet (thorn) proofed the tires and even moved the headlight up to the stem. I also cut down the steering tube and took out that huge stack of spacers, I like the lower stance.
I'm sure some electrical upgrades will need to be done in the future but hopefully not before the warranty is up.
Good luck I hope they can get you there- we know it can be done.

Attachments

• controller.JPG
    controller.JPG
    449.8 KB · Views: 215
  • new hub.JPG
    new hub.JPG
    391.7 KB · Views: 205
  • wallke.JPG
    wallke.JPG
    605.8 KB · Views: 206

My video covering the motor swap and comparison. A little long but good if anyone needs to learn how and what is involved.

My video covering the motor swap and comparison. A little long but good if anyone needs to learn how and what is involved.
JD,
Is your speedometer now working while coasting or when peddling on PAS 0? It didn't look like your max speed was much different than before. I am still waiting on the replacement motors for my two X3 Pros to ship. I'm sure hoping that this fixes the power and speedometer issues.

JD,
Is your speedometer now working while coasting or when peddling on PAS 0? It didn't look like your max speed was much different than before. I am still waiting on the replacement motors for my two X3 Pros to ship. I'm sure hoping that this fixes the power and speedometer issues.
I have never had an issue with my speedometer before or after motor swap. Yes, max speed there has been little change.

What gps app are you using? I want to see if it matches with Strava because on Strava, I can legit hit 30mph and maintain it, sometimes even 32 mph. My no load speed is 39.4mph with 22 inch wheel setting. I weigh 160 pounds. This is so weird. Everyone is getting different results.

My wife's bike with new motor goes 28 mph on 22 diameter setting and matches my gps when testing. I'm 250 lbs. They just shipped the 2nd motor for my 2nd bike. Here's one thing I noticed different in the way I did it from you. I never removed the 8t sprockets from my motors. Left them on from swapping and wondering if the new motor has a slightly different one? Also, my new motor looked slightly bigger than old. I feel like they shipped you the old motor again. Here's a pic and you can see my new one(on right) is slightly bigger. I wish I would have weighed and measured it.View attachment 95579
I do see the slight differerence. I swapped the entire wheel and motor. May have to pull them apart and check them. Hope to get out and find a flat area big enough to do some video tomorrow so wolf can see.

Ok I did another test but with elevation this time. With peddling, I hit 30.4mph. With just throttles, it gave me 28mph.

Attachments

• 6A41D258-4E7C-40E7-812F-ED71F49C3B04.jpeg
    6A41D258-4E7C-40E7-812F-ED71F49C3B04.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 206
  • 41FAFE2D-DD83-4612-B2ED-243B7FCA16D9.jpeg
    41FAFE2D-DD83-4612-B2ED-243B7FCA16D9.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 203
What gps app are you using? I want to see if it matches with Strava because on Strava, I can legit hit 30mph and maintain it, sometimes even 32 mph. My no load speed is 39.4mph with 22 inch wheel setting. I weigh 160 pounds. This is so weird. Everyone is getting different results.
Description in video. I wish I could get 29 mph speed, but obviously I don't from the 3 videos I have done. I have used 3 diff GPS on 2 separate devices.

JD
What are you using for recording video? Did you use a reducing software for the video?
I will upload a gps comparison if I figure a good way to get a reasonable video size. Nice job with your video by the way. very informative and nice for others like myself to compare. I am getting the same results as your video, and also talking with Wolf at Wallke.

Got my new motor on 2nd bike and getting 27 mph now. I weigh 240ish.
Description in video. I wish I could get 29 mph speed, but obviously I don't from the 3 videos I have done. I have used 3 diff GPS on 2 separate devices.

Got my new motor on 2nd bike and getting 27 mph now. I weigh 240ish.
So I got my new motor installed. Still max speed of 23 to 25 on slight downhill, Im 185lb. Took it out to do videos for Wallke, seems the controller melted down on my way back from documenting the slow speed and speedo still dropping out. I caught the process on video in steps as it failed. Got hall sensor fault 24, and brake sensor faults. display froze, then jumped from zero to 60 mph, while doing 15mph. Then regen showed 999w of regen while i was under throttle. It was obviously getting conflicting signals from the controller. Then the hub made a grinding noise, and slowed to a full stop, dead. I checked cables, even took out the controller to check. As I touched it, burned myself it was so hot. So I think thats the problem. Wolf's technicians agree. Theres a hitch though... need to wait for the replacement controller to be manufactured???? Then they will send me one with a new cable set. For a "company" they sure dont have many parts for service, or they are going through replacements faster than the bikes break. Once more we wait for the solution to arrive.

So I got my new motor installed. Still max speed of 23 to 25 on slight downhill, Im 185lb. Took it out to do videos for Wallke, seems the controller melted down on my way back from documenting the slow speed and speedo still dropping out. I caught the process on video in steps as it failed. Got hall sensor fault 24, and brake sensor faults. display froze, then jumped from zero to 60 mph, while doing 15mph. Then regen showed 999w of regen while i was under throttle. It was obviously getting conflicting signals from the controller. Then the hub made a grinding noise, and slowed to a full stop, dead. I checked cables, even took out the controller to check. As I touched it, burned myself it was so hot. So I think thats the problem. Wolf's technicians agree. Theres a hitch though... need to wait for the replacement controller to be manufactured???? Then they will send me one with a new cable set. For a "company" they sure dont have many parts for service, or they are going through replacements faster than the bikes break. Once more we wait for the solution to arrive.
I told them to ship my motor now and I would pay for shipping on the 2 controllers later. Bummer to hear what happened to you. I don't have regen on my bikes. They removed it at some point on all their bikes.

I told them to ship my motor now and I would pay for shipping on the 2 controllers later. Bummer to hear what happened to you. I don't have regen on my bikes. They removed it at some point on all their bikes.
Yea
Mine is not supposed to have it either. Guess if you see the display doing strange things, get ready to pedal heavy home!

Back