Priority Current and Tannus Inserts

etiej

Region
USA
What do you other Current owners think about Tannus tire inserts? They sound good to me since I searching for the least maintenance form of riding. I guess my bike has 27.5x2 tires. Do I need to buy new tubes to use these inserts? The advice I see seems a little unclear.

Speaking of Goodyear 650b tires, what is the recommended inflation? I saw somewhere that the max is 70psi, but number is best? Does it depend on the rider weight?

Speaking of Goodyear 650b tires, what is the recommended inflation? I saw somewhere that the max is 70psi, but number is best? Does it depend on the rider weight?
Yup!
You can try lower to experiment (I would). Bonus for running where you and your riding style need to be would be ride. A sign you are too low is if you feel the bike is too hard to pedal, or if you feel the rim hitting the curbs or big bumps. That's a definite no-no. Super hard on tires and tubs.

Depending on your size, it would be no surprise if you found 55-60 worked better for you. Downside here, would be the lack of a "safety zone". Riding after inflating to 70 psi will assure you the tires are properly inflated for a few days. Riding at 55-60 would mean constant monitoring to prevent a "too low" condition.

I decided to go ahead and try them. Ordered from a LBS so sometime next week.
I just did a quick search and it seems Tannus is used in conjunction with a tube, while Schwalbe Procore is for tubeless systems. Since I spent only a few minutes on this, please feel free to correct my comment.

Yup!
You can try lower to experiment (I would). Bonus for running where you and your riding style need to be would be ride. A sign you are too low is if you feel the bike is too hard to pedal, or if you feel the rim hitting the curbs or big bumps. That's a definite no-no. Super hard on tires and tubs.

Depending on your size, it would be no surprise if you found 55-60 worked better for you. Downside here, would be the lack of a "safety zone". Riding after inflating to 70 psi will assure you the tires are properly inflated for a few days. Riding at 55-60 would mean constant monitoring to prevent a "too low" condition.
I strongly agree with this recommendation. You shouldn't go too low to avoid potential for pinch flats and too high can be a harsh ride (a suspension seatpost helps with high tire pressure in the rear). One my bike I now use 45 psi on the front and 55 psi rear. I also us FlatOut in my rear tire tube and found that my rear tire pressure stays very stable for a long time.

Back