Power shuts down

Mikrellum

I have. Had my Himiway bike for a few weeks. Every attempt to ride it is cut short. The bike will stop assisting and a code 2.5 shows and I have pedal it back to the garage. What is causing this to happen every time? How to fix it

The responses were ridiculous and of no help. I ve been to 3 bike shops and one final said they would look at the problem, but no promises. I'll never order on line again and I will not recommend Himiway bikes

I saw a YouTube video for a error code 25. Brake sensor.
There HAS to be some documentation on those codes somewhere. These bikes are just a collection of other companies parts.
It's one bad thing to have these issues with a new unit, quite another when the "experts" who build the bikes don't know how to resolve.
As a new owner, it's not IF, but rather WHEN.

Good Luck.

Fingers crossed that the current bike shop can resolve the problem. The video just shows unsnapping the in-line connector and re Installing. Doesn’t do a thing.

Fingers crossed that the current bike shop can resolve the problem. The video just shows unsnapping the in-line connector and re Installing. Doesn’t do a thing.

I have also had the error code 25 occur on my bike, it happens on an infrequent basis, and I have found that just turning the bike off and then turning it back on gets rid of the error. It has worked everytime for me. Hope that Helps.

That can be a workaround. Thanks!
The control system has many details to be shared.

I am hoping HIMIWAY steps up to assist owners

NOTHING worse than getting your $$ and leaving an otherwise excited owners group crickets for issues. The internets can sail OR sink you.

Jay P
You are correct. Turning off the bike and restarting does often reset the error code. Unfortunately for me this dies not always work. Last trip out had to walk the Nike back 1 1/2 mikes as the electric assist had stopped and i was too tired at that point to pedal it back

Jay P
You are correct. Turning off the bike and restarting does often reset the error code. Unfortunately for me this dies not always work. Last trip out had to walk the Nike back 1 1/2 mikes as the electric assist had stopped and i was too tired at that point to pedal it back
Sorry to hear that, pushing a the heavy bike that far, bummer.

Thank you.
I am aware Of the codes and I know it is a braking problem. The question bus what is causing the brake to shut down the power which it is supposed to do, however it will not restart after the brakes are released

I have a 500w,48volt trike which I really like. I had a Rad wagon ebike which I liked also but I am 84 & my vision can't focus going through tunnels or under dark bridges) So, I sold it & got the trike at a good price. It really has the power & can go from 0 to 18mph nothing flat. Got it on line from Walmart a Oriental maker. After getting all the issues corrected it now has 4600 miles on it and started to blow fuses. Took it to the local bike shop & they put in a different fuse set up bypassing the original. Worked for a year & about 2 weeks ago it started just shutting off the motor going up a hill. After turning it off, back on & putting the pedal assist to 1 & going about 3-5 mph I get to the top of the hill. Inside the battery the wires to the wire clips + the clips had melted the covering off the wires. I am at a loss as to what could be the problem.

Bike shop says it seems the battery is ok as it still had a half charge after 8 mile trip.I have no clue what the proper LCD screen settings are as I have experimented trying to find a level to where I could follow my wife on her trike going 10-11mph as I would almost run into to her on any setting peddling. The LCD has Ecco, Normal, & Power. Assuming the Ecco was Economy mode that is what I use but it doesn't seem to matter what mode I use. I have it set currently at #1 Speed=17.3 #2=22c 1755mm #3= Imperial #4= Voltage 54 #5= Ecco #6=system 48. Again, it doesn't seem to matter what mode I run in. I don't know if the system 48 & voltage & voltage should be the same or not. Or does the LCD settings have that much to do with it? The manual that came with it was for a fat tire ebike not a trike. I probably should replace the burnt wires as I have them taped eith elec tape. I would get a new battery if I knew that was the problem. Also, might be the controler. Any one have similar problems?

There is a list of error codes at the end of this display manual.
http://www.key-display.com/Downloads/User Manual/Users Manual-KD51C-KDS.pdf
THANK YOU! Most Helpful. I will add it to the paperwork for this unit.

So, if I did get an error code 25 while out on a ride, the question is what to do. Power Cycle, re-plug connectors....swear....?
Begs a question. If once powered on, are the the signals from the brake switches indicating an open or closed circuit? I will need to test continuity. So maybe unplug it or jumper it???
My point is simple. If I was miles away from home, I'd sooner at least get mobile rather than push - Even if that meant applying brakes would not stop the motor directly.
Use the throttle for that.

THANK YOU! Most Helpful. I will add it to the paperwork for this unit.

So, if I did get an error code 25 while out on a ride, the question is what to do. Power Cycle, re-plug connectors....swear....?
Begs a question. If once powered on, are the the signals from the brake switches indicating an open or closed circuit? I will need to test continuity. So maybe unplug it or jumper it???
My point is simple. If I was miles away from home, I'd sooner at least get mobile rather than push - Even if that meant applying brakes would not stop the motor directly.
Use the throttle for that.
If you would, please let us know what you find out on the continuity check.

Well I’m now into week two at the bike shop. Still trying to locate the source of the power shut off. Fortunately the weather is still in the 3 digits so not missing any great days for riding

If you would, please let us know what you find out on the continuity check.
Here's what I found out on my Cruiser. My test was unplugging the front brake power cable. The male end is at the lever.
The brake switch was in a normally OPEN position. Squeezing the lever closes the switch.
With the switch unplugged the motor will STILL apply power. The tail light is not functional for the unplugged lever. The rear brake operated as normal.
There was no start up system check with the connector unplugged.

I also took the connector female end and inserted wires to see how that worked.
Closing the circuit stopped the motor and illuminated the tailight. I also took the wires and quickly flicked them together while applying power. Trying to duplicate an intermittent signal. Closing the circuit shut down the motor/energized as expected.
I figured that just might cause a code 25.
No error code at all.
So, an error code 25 source is in question.

Here's what I found out on my Cruiser. My test was unplugging the front brake power cable. The male end is at the lever.
The brake switch was in a normally OPEN position. Squeezing the lever closes the switch.
With the switch unplugged the motor will STILL apply power. The tail light is not functional for the unplugged lever. The rear brake operated as normal.
There was no start up system check with the connector unplugged.

I also took the connector female end and inserted wires to see how that worked.
Closing the circuit stopped the motor and illuminated the tailight. I also took the wires and quickly flicked them together while applying power. Trying to duplicate an intermittent signal. Closing the circuit shut down the motor/energized as expected.
I figured that just might cause a code 25.
No error code at all.
So, an error code 25 source is in question.

Fantastic info, Thanks for taking the time to figure it out. I wonder if the bike shop that @Mikrellum took his bike too has that info.

Fantastic info, Thanks for taking the time to figure it out. I wonder if the bike shop that @Mikrellum took his bike too has that info.
I would hope they have some insight. This is not rocket science. What would be valuable is someone who has catalogued the error 25 causes. It is out there.
This setup is used elsewhere. This type of community is a start. Maybe the RADROVER folks have some insight. After all, we are all warriors of road and trail!!!

A few weeks ago I was at a Trek (and other bikes) dealer. Someone brought in a no-name ebike forhelp and the tech just flat out laughed in the guys face. Said they just cannot and will not waste their time with those bikes when they’re already very busy with what they sell. The tech told me (after the guy left) that they gave one guy an estimate and the guy made it sound like it was about half of what he paid for it!

A few weeks ago I was at a Trek (and other bikes) dealer. Someone brought in a no-name ebike forhelp and the tech just flat out laughed in the guys face. Said they just cannot and will not waste their time with those bikes when they’re already very busy with what they sell. The tech told me (after the guy left) that they gave one guy an estimate and the guy made it sound like it was about half of what he paid for it!

I found a mobile guy that will come to the house. Bike shops are buried...

Back