Please disregard this post

Mike leroy

Please disregard this post. I was Under the mistaken impression Zero was actually introducing a bike. I apologize. I would delete the thread, but I do not see how to delete a thread.

Zero is no longer a rumor. I think it helps Zero's cause to have it's own identity, rather than in Q&A forum.

Google is not ranking the page highly from Q&A forum.

If you enclose the title of this article within quotes, Google returns the expected search results.

Without quotes, Google returns entirely different search results.

"Zero making an electric bicycle"

Thank You,
Mike
Thank You,
Mike

Last edited:
I've asked Court, so hopefully soon. Sorry if I caused any confusion by posting on that thread.

No worries. I just want you to get some notice.

I think Google search results can direct the general public to a Karmic forum. The thread is not being indexed in a way that facilitates Google page ranking. OK?

Caution, my post may be an annoying TMI, intended to be an FYI lol... There are definitely negatives to adding additional forum sections that aren't consistently active, as well as don't have content to launch them with.

In my experience (as a guy who has founded multiple forums with the biggest having 300k members and 3mil posts), having a forum with a couple of threads or less in it causes a high bounce rate of people coming to the site for that product/brand (which is easily identified by things like entry search terms and behavior flow). Same thing if it has dozens of threads, but multiple haven't been active for a week+. From my polling, analytics trends, and user testing, it appears people assume it's dead, the brand isn't very popular, and they are less willing to join and post in either that section OR the more general sections. Setting it up too early will cause threads in that section to get less views/exposure as well as participation by those who have an interest enough to look and comment, but not to subscribe to that section (or know how).

So what I've done in the past, after tons of testing & trial and error, is to only add sections as there's enough content and enthusiast members to populate that section, and the main section is active enough to justify pulling away that activity (don't want the general section looking dead either). I would identify active topics over a specific brand and once justified, pull them to a new forum for that brand to launch it with content. Then actively forward new threads about that topic to encourage the movement, but leave the trail for people to see who aren't used to looking in that section.

And with Google rankings, I won't even go there or I'll really annoy people ;). Sorry, bicycles and digital marketing/optimization is my life! I left Amazon, running their Facebook marketing, to come back to Austin with dreams to do work with my 2 passions, ebikes and digital marketing/optimization.

OK. Points well taken. I will defer to you on this matter. We have complimentary experience.

I can see the detailed software programming issues. This system apparently runs on ZenForo.

Does Google index the RSS forum files, or some other data source?

Could it be that a large forum like Q&A might drown out important messages in a particular thread?

I know very little about SEO. I simply test my theories to see how they square with reality.

While not as powerful as it once was, an rss feed still has its use. As far as SEO, rss subscription activity is going to help your over-all footprint as an indicator of interest and loyalty to the site/brand, which will indirectly help authority. But for direct SEO authority, the main benefit I see these days is when they're used to supply content to social networks, like Twitter and partner sites that publish titles and link out. But pulling it from a forum could create questionable content to be publishing lol... some can be better than none though. For example if you set up a "ebike brand X" Twitter profile and supplemented content from the "ebike band X" forum as well as various news sources and direct content, it could have a benefit to your authority around that term and related terms.

Last edited:
Right on. Keep it up!

I will try to do what I can to help and not add to his burden.

I find his video often show in the top 10 google search results. The forums search results are less consistent.

Back