Please consider these safety issues...

irenewg13

Region
USA
City
MadCity, Peoples Republic of Madison
It is a bit embarrassing, mostly cautionary.

It can be easy to think we can pick up somewhat near where we left off. I 'was' always athletic, and assumed that I would pick up riding an ebike, as I had when last rode a bike 15 years ago.

Besides the obvious issues related to not riding for along time, I thought that I had ridden the ebike enough times to feel confident with the mechanics of the bike. The Pedego in particular, is an easy bike to "get".

However...
Sunday we decided to enjoy a good ride on one of our nice trails. A few miles from home I fell, not once, but twice!!
Fell right over onto my right side. My elbow, shoulder, and ankle took the brunt of the impact , but the fall messed with my disc issues.
I am fine, but geezz it hurt :eek: .
Last year I fell twice, the same way.

I now think that I know why, and that's why I am sharing this story (lengthy), because I think that it could point out some potential problems for...

1. My seat was too low, I raised it but not enough.
2. Sometimes when I stop, I forget to lower the gears, and the set pas to 1. (I rarely use 2)

I think that this is what happened, I began to pedal with left foot, but when I tried to push the pedal with my right,
my knee was too high and the gears were set too high.

Together, bad leverage/knee too high, gears too high, I couldn't put enough push into the peddle. With feet on the peddles, I just tipped over!!

Just consider, if you haven't ridden in a long time, are new to ebikes, or have physical issues that might hinder balance or peddling.

Irene
:cool:

Oh no! That sounds really painful :( . Thanks for sharing, hopefully your story can help someone else (possibly me!).

Hope you heal up super-quick.

Back