Pickup driver arrested

From local ABC News.
"One of the injured cyclists remained in life-threatening condition Sunday, police said." One of the killed was a woman. Let's hope it was not a young mother.

It was on a bridge! Even if they saw him coming the cyclists couldn't dive into the bushes. They were trapped.
1677464190262-jpeg.147926

1677464385128.jpeg

1677464662133.jpeg

Attachments

• 1677464190262.jpeg
    1677464190262.jpeg
    12 KB · Views: 687
Our city participates in the Ride of Silence, consider organizing in your area. The Ride of Silence is an internationally observed ride taking place the 3rd Wednesday of May and starting at 7PM. This is a silent and slow paced ride to HONOR those who have been injured or killed while cycling on public roadways, to RAISE AWARENESS that we are here, and to ask that we all SHARE THE ROAD. https://www.rideofsilence.org/main.php

Arizona, like Texas, is weird. People go grocery shopping packing guns as if that is normal and functional. And, other weird anti-social, things are commonplace. There is too much fear and hate. It makes some feel good to fear and hate with a vengeance. Part of this killer's sentence should be to ride ten Centuries on a bike using the same route as those he killed and maimed. IMHO. What's yours?

Arizona, like Texas, is weird. People go grocery shopping packing guns as if that is normal and functional. And, other weird anti-social, things are commonplace. There is too much fear and hate. It makes some feel good to fear and hate with a vengeance. Part of this killer's sentence should be to ride ten Centuries on a bike using the same route as those he killed and maimed. IMHO. What's yours?
on a little kids tricycle.

all you have to do is look at what happens to drivers who kill cyclists. often just a traffic violation unless there is proof they did it on purpose. it happens all the time. a car gives you so much immunity.
Unfortunately, in the USA at least this is right on the money. I've experienced it myself, the hard way. The cops did everything they could to try and blame the victim (me) even though I was driving, with headlights, at 15 mph in a 40 mph zone. In a bike lane. And the driver claimed she never even saw me (SMIDSY situation). The police officer did at least say she was the cause of the accident - she T-boned me after stopping to merge, and then merging right into me from a parking lot - but the officer also said that since it was early evening, the safe bicycle speed for conditions may have been only 3 mph. Seriously. Three. She wasn't cited at all.

But her insurance company paid quite a bit in medical bills, my ebike etc.

The perpetrator, accused, has been identified.

Man jailed in Arizona crash that killed 2 cyclists, hurt 11​

Pedro Quintana-Lujan is jailed on suspicion of two counts of manslaughter, three counts of aggravated assault, 18 counts of endangerment and two counts of causing serious injury or death by a moving violation. Murder. What's with the bullet hole?
1677471632478.png

Just crazy!
I want to commute to work so bad, but there are a couple sections of bike lane that are only separated from the traffic by painted lines. No thanks!

The police will hold a news conference today. Both of the dead it appears are women. I am not yet sure of the critical one in ICU. One of the injured was 65 and worked in a Trek shop. I am not sure about the others. IMO this is not manslaughter. It looks to be intentional homicide.

Back