Performance upgrades to the Stomer?

For those of you raving about the Body Float, would you say it is worth the increased price over the Thud Buster and NCX?

currently i am still not dialed in on mine, i like it , i would buy it again, i would not buy a TB and then upgrade again...

For those of you raving about the Body Float, would you say it is worth the increased price over the Thud Buster and NCX?
While I have never tried those other brands what I'm always telling people is nothing responds as fast as metal springs under compression. Even textured roads are being attenuated with the design, should last quite a long time too. -S

I love mine but am only five rides in and am tweaking it a bit. But Damn, the Body float with a nice Brooks saddle is amazing compared to stock...Did not need the Titanium BF. Aluminum works great! Yes, I would buy it again! If you are on the fence I say buy it, you will not regret it!

I love mine but am only five rides in and am tweaking it a bit. But Damn, the Body float with a nice Brooks saddle is amazing compared to stock...Did not need the Titanium BF. Aluminum works great! Yes, I would buy it again! If you are on the fence I say buy it, you will not regret it!

Yup. One of the best upgrades. Lowering the PSI to 35 would make it even sweeter.
Great choice of saddle and seatpost! :)

Hi Brian, I'm interested in trying the bodyFloat again. I had one but likely it was not adjusted properly so I returned it. I bottomed out on it.
How would you suggest I get it set up correctly ( I live in Vancouver, BC) so I don't think Cirrus will come up here.
Any advantage of the different seat posts ( steel ve carbon etc).
Thanks.

Just got my new Brooks saddle with Body Float today! I wanted the "aged" saddle but could not resist the Hi-tech look of the Cambium C17 saddle...
DSC00767_zpsce4yza6l.jpeg

DSC00770_zpsrsb1drlr.jpeg

DSC00771_zpscmvz0nch.jpeg

Quick question, not that its any of my buisness but are you a bigger person? The original bodyfloat I got came with double black springs which according to the card that came with it, double black is far too stiff for a 190lbs person like me.

Airliner787, I think Cirrus folks are monitoring this forum and can give you specific advice, but in my case they put black over orange and removed one of the elastomers. He then had me sit on the seat and tightened the preload to a neutral point. From there we backed it off about one rotation. With a Stromer I don't think there is any point in going with the lighter weight posts since the bike is already so heavy.

Thanks Brian. I'm 215 (working to get down to 195) but either way the body float should be able to accommodate this weight with correct set up I would think.

I'm 205 and have a black spring on top and orange on the bottom. After the adjustment I now have more travel before it can possibly bottom out and it works great!

Yes I sent back mine with the double black springs for one with an orange and a black. Its much better with a little more travel.

Quick question, not that its any of my buisness but are you a bigger person? The original bodyfloat I got came with double black springs which according to the card that came with it, double black is far too stiff for a 190lbs person like me.

No, I am about 180 and it seems great to me. I did play with the spring tension a bit to get it to ride nice for me..

I opted for the FBV of the body float and await it's arrival. The FBV is what few have the luxury of trying but being blessed with the inability to push back from the pasta bowl, this Fat Boy Version (FBV), Orange over Orange seems to be the charted recommendation for the 230 club. I am envious of @Cory151 & @Notonenameleft, and hopefully can am happy that this seems to be the seat post of choice. @Ravi Kempaiah gave me the recommendation and he is really dialed into the tech side of this bike and complimentary products for the ST2's and other products. I thank you all for your help on the journey! Every mile I spend on this bike I say, WOW and how great it is to have a place to share experiences.

I'm getting the Fluffy Dinosaur Float Version. Just ordered and the tech (very knowledgable guy) is adding the springs/elastomers to see if he can get me to float on my ST1.

anyone been able to install a light set (front and back) onto the stromer ST1 that utilizes the bicycle's battery? I know the City kit has lights that wire into the bike for power, but i just dont need the racks.

Back