PEEK Gear for the Ultra Needed

Not familiar. What failed with the Ultra?

Never mind. I figured it out. You're referring to the new gear. I thought you were talking about a frame failure or something.

So with an M600 and aftermarket controller, we have a powerfull quiet motor with a controller that we can configure/get away from the junk OEM settings. Sounds like a winner from where I'm sitting....
Yes, it seems Bafang never intended the Ultra to be used on standard EBikes, it was designed specifically for Cargo Ebikes. But many companies said let's put the biggest best Bafang motor on our Ebikes, which could explain why the stock programming was always bad. The M600 was designed as the best motor for Emtb and anything else, programming wasn't bad, but could be improved on, and they were louder than they should be with all steel gears.
A custom controller with 120Nm and a version 2 Peek quite gear might just be the sweet spot in the industry for power, weight and reduced noise.
Waiting for feedback on first adopters, the first generation PEEK gear had some failures on the Luna Ebikes in the M600. V2 is holding up.

Even though this failed on the Ultra, it looks like Bolton and Watt Wagons are going to give it a shot on their combined joint effort on the M600 on the Falcon.
Falcon Emtb
The current PEEK gear is much taller and supposed to be made of stronger material.
I tried to find a pic, but couldn't, although I've seen the difference in a Luna video somewhere.
Of course, Luna claims it's their invention - but seems Bafang is the manufacturer... ??

Yes, it seems Bafang never intended the Ultra to be used on standard EBikes, it was designed specifically for Cargo Ebikes. But many companies said let's put the biggest best Bafang motor on our Ebikes, which could explain why the stock programming was always bad. The M600 was designed as the best motor for Emtb and anything else, programming wasn't bad, but could be improved on, and they were louder than they should be with all steel gears.
A custom controller with 120Nm and a version 2 Peek quite gear might just be the sweet spot in the industry for power, weight and reduced noise.
Waiting for feedback on first adopters, the first generation PEEK gear had some failures on the Luna Ebikes in the M600. V2 is holding up.
Amusingly Bafang has updated their Ultra/M620 description, probably as a result of 'let's stuff it into an eMTB' etc.'
Bafang's powerhouse! With a maximum torque of 160Nm and 750 or even 1000W rated power output, the M620 is predestined for eTandems, eCargo bikes and high-end eMTBs as it will definitely get the heaviest loads accelerated on even the steepest incline. Due to the system's dual sensor design, the rider has full control at all times and enjoys extremely sensitive responsiveness. In use with logistics companies across the globe.

Back