Pedal assist stopped working on BBS02

OOPS! I misread as a BBSHD. I'm thinking it's a controller issue. PAS device failures aren't common.
Ok, thank you. I am in touch with the Amazon seller who sold it to me as well. I was hoping it was something I could figure out on my own and I could learn something, but at this point, perhaps not!

I am sorry to read the problems continue. This should be fun!

m
Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 12.31.23 PM.png

GreenBikeKit offers this,

"Bafang BBS01, BBS02, BBS03/BBSHD kit spare part: BBS PAS circuit with connector for replacement. It can plug into the BBS controller directly. If your kit cannot work with padel, but it can work with throttle, you can consider to replace the PAS circuit. To remove or install the PAS magnet, you may need a special plier and you can order the tool on our website too.
If you also need the magnet disc for BBS01/BBS02 kit, please click here: BBS01/BBS02 PAS magnet disc
If you need the manual for replacing the PAS circuit, please click here:
How to replace BBS PAS circuit"

GreenBikeKit offers this,

"Bafang BBS01, BBS02, BBS03/BBSHD kit spare part: BBS PAS circuit with connector for replacement. It can plug into the BBS controller directly. If your kit cannot work with padel, but it can work with throttle, you can consider to replace the PAS circuit. To remove or install the PAS magnet, you may need a special plier and you can order the tool on our website too.
If you also need the magnet disc for BBS01/BBS02 kit, please click here: BBS01/BBS02 PAS magnet disc
If you need the manual for replacing the PAS circuit, please click here:
How to replace BBS PAS circuit"
Wow that manual for replacing the circuit is fascinating! Thank you for all this info.

Wow that manual for replacing the circuit is fascinating! Thank you for all this info.

I found this on the web for the location of the PAS which connects inside the controller cover, aparently there is a connector that could be disconected, but in the vides it's alittle hard to see which whir he is disconnecting .https://www.ebay.com/itm/PEDAL-ASSIST-SENSOR-PAS-FOR-BEWO-MID-DRIVE-ELECTRIC-BIKE-KIT-EBIKE-PAS-SENSOR-/124236443744.
I'll see if I can find that video again so you can check the connector.

I found this on the web for the location of the PAS which connects inside the controller cover, aparently there is a connector that could be disconected, but in the vides it's alittle hard to see which whir he is disconnecting .https://www.ebay.com/itm/PEDAL-ASSIST-SENSOR-PAS-FOR-BEWO-MID-DRIVE-ELECTRIC-BIKE-KIT-EBIKE-PAS-SENSOR-/124236443744.
I'll see if I can find that video again so you can check the connector.
Thanks, but that isn't for the Bafang BBS02B that I have.

At about 2;32 on this video you can see the connector for the PAS sensor coming out from the housing that holds the crank. Edit: It shows up earlier but he never discusses it.

I think you will need a motor replacement under warranty. Perhaps your seller will not want the old motor back, but it's not worth going this deep if it invalidates your warranty. It could just be a loose connector, but it could be a bad PAS sensor, and you're not going to find it easy to get a new one.

Lots of threads out there.

At about 2;32 on this video you can see the connector for the PAS sensor coming out from the housing that holds the crank. Edit: It shows up earlier but he never discusses it.

I think you will need a motor replacement under warranty. Perhaps your seller will not want the old motor back, but it's not worth going this deep if it invalidates your warranty. It could just be a loose connector, but it could be a bad PAS sensor, and you're not going to find it easy to get a new one.

Thanks. Yeah, I am definitely concerned about invalidating the warranty. Looking forward to seeing what the seller says!

Thanks. Yeah, I am definitely concerned about invalidating the warranty. Looking forward to seeing what the seller says!
Be patient... We'll get this figured out.
Definitely wait to hear from the vendor
Do you mind if I ask their name?

Another awesome day here in shangri-la
20 miles and counting and other than sunset, nothing is going to get me back to the house today

Really a lot more work than on a hub motor !
On a hub, you have very easy acess to both the PAS wheel and the sensor.
Good luck !

Back