PAS VS TORQUE sensor

Actually Bob I prefer a slight delay in my TS PAS. If it is instant on in some situations it can make for a shaky start, especially in the middle of a hill or negotiating tricky terrain. If you have a throttle it helps more I feel. Not one to just press and ride around with but enough to get going until you can start cranking. Works for me anyway.

Actually Bob I prefer a slight delay in my TS PAS. If it is instant on in some situations it can make for a shaky start, especially in the middle of a hill or negotiating tricky terrain. If you have a throttle it helps more I feel. Not one to just press and ride around with but enough to get going until you can start cranking. Works for me anyway.
Biktrix Juggernaut uses the new Bafang Ultra motor and it has both PAS and throttle. Best of both worlds.

I am deciding on a biktrix and I am wondering if I should get one with PAS or torque sensor ?
Torque sensor is PAS.
Cadence sensor is also PAS.

You can't choose between PAS and torque sensor. You can choose btw PAS and throttle (all have PAS but not all have throttle), or btw torque and cadence.

Not quite sure but I "think" that Biktrix offers torque sensor only on some of their models and then it's not optional.

Biktrix Juggernaut uses the new Bafang Ultra motor and it has both PAS and throttle. Best of both worlds.

But not the best of three worlds because I like the bikes I have already and not in the market for something as frame specific as that that may or may not fit me and my style of riding. As long as kits like the ones I currently use exist I'll be fine.

Juiced Bikes uses a cadence plus torque system https://www.juicedbikes.com/pages/torque-vs-cadence-sensors Does anyone know anything about their PAS system? Is it actually new and improved or just marketing? Any reviews on their PAS? Is it available as an aftermarket setup?
Not sure exactly what you're asking but I'll say what I can and it may be helpful.

The torque plus cadence sensor on my CCS gives a very fluid and natural feel to the PAS. You can turn the torque sensor off in advanced settings, and because the cadence sensor reads the input from the rear cassette instead of the crank, with over 100 inputs per second, it is still remarkably smooth. It also uses slightly fewer watts than the torque sensor does, because the controller will increase the wattage to the motor with more effort on the pedals. If I really absolutely must get the maximum amount of miles per charge, cadence sensor-only is the way to go. Otherwise, the torque+cadence sensor is so much like what you're used to on a regular pedal bike, it's just marvelous.

As far as the rest of the system, there are 5 levels of assist. Eco-1-2-3-Sport. Eco just sips power. It was designed to make the bike feel like a normal bike which is much less heavy. In actual fact, it is a bit more powerful than that. I can cycle at the same speed as my brother-in-law on his Cannondale without as much effort. As you move up 1-2-3-S, you start to notice a real boost. 1 is not as impressive but for long distances over fairly level ground, you can maintain 20-25 mph with very little effort. You get up to 2-3-S, and the boost is pronounced. Wow! I don't use 3 or S very much, unless it's a steep hill, trying to beat a stoplight, or just for the sheer fun of it. Eco-1-2 do such a good job, I just don't need 3-S as often.

There is a cruise control feature. Between 10 and 20 mph, you can push and hold the minus button while pedaling. After a few seconds you can feel the cruise control kick in. If you want to pedal more briskly, you will go faster than the cruise control level, and when you stop pedaling, speed will decrease until the cruise control kicks back in at the speed you set. Very handy if you just want to take a break, get a drink, adjust your mirrors, whatever. You disengage the cruise control by a slight pressure on the throttle or changing PAS levels.

There is also a Throttle Assist Boost. The throttle will power the bike from 1-20 mph very well without any pedaling at all. If you pedal while holding the throttle down, you get an instant 1000 watts of power, more even than you get in Sport mode. This is great for getting ahead of traffic when the light turns green, or if you're going up a hill and find yourself in too high a gear, just hit the throttle for a few seconds and power over the top of the hill.

Might be more than you really wanted to know!

Thank you, that is a thoughtful, clear, and descrptive answer with really good information. Juiced should use it in their literature. It sounds like one of the best PAS systems available on commercial bikes.

Tora and Juiced are pushing the envelope correctly in terms of innovation, quality, user friendly ebikes, and price, especially if the hype-bikes return.

aceydc.com Bottom bracket torque sensor that reads cadence, speed and torque - 3 data points let it sense when you're pressing harder to go up a hill or harder to go faster - and responds accordingly. We're doing a soft launch - first production run is complete, paid and on the way to our warehouse. Temporary site until August official launch. Worth a look just for comparison purposes. Four models priced $1499-$1699 on sale today.

A shop here in Portland just got in a 48v/10.4ah 720w mid drive torque assist that is the same frame as that Venture which looks like it was made at the same factory with the same name as a popular grocery store chain here in the West. He is selling it for the same price.

The $1495-$1999 market seems to be pretty well saturated at this point. Very few in that price range have quality mid drive's though. As time goes on more will jump on. Even just a few years ago you could only expect to have a cadence sensor and or a throttle on bike's in that price range.

aceydc.com Bottom bracket torque sensor that reads cadence, speed and torque - 3 data points let it sense when you're pressing harder to go up a hill or harder to go faster - and responds accordingly. We're doing a soft launch - first production run is complete, paid and on the way to our warehouse. Temporary site until August official launch. Worth a look just for comparison purposes. Four models priced $1499-$1699 on sale today.
I was having lots of trouble navigating your website, it seems to be having a tech issue? Is your company going to make the bottom bracket a separately sold item?

I was having lots of trouble navigating your website, it seems to be having a tech issue? Is your company going to make the bottom bracket a separately sold item?

Hi Sage, Is it running slow or not showing images? I'm in the process of uploading photos and deleting photos, so I'm probably the cause of the problem. LOL I'm actually working on a new site design, but the photos just came in from the photographer and want to give a proper showing of the bikes on current site. I'll update as soon as they upload. Sorry about that. If it's something other than being slow, please let me know and I'll try to address it immediately.

No on selling bottom brackets separately - if you mean for DIYers. My e-bikes come complete with lights, flat-resistant moped tires, BB torque sensors, racks, fenders, etc. out of the box... no up-sell or "add-ons" - if you meant as an upgrade.

Hi Sage, Is it running slow or not showing images? I'm in the process of uploading photos and deleting photos, so I'm probably the cause of the problem. LOL I'm actually working on a new site design, but the photos just came in from the photographer and want to give a proper showing of the bikes on current site. I'll update as soon as they upload. Sorry about that. If it's something other than being slow, please let me know and I'll try to address it immediately.

No on selling bottom brackets separately - if you mean for DIYers. My e-bikes come complete with lights, flat-resistant moped tires, BB torque sensors, racks, fenders, etc. out of the box... no up-sell or "add-ons" - if you meant as an upgrade.

It was just lagging, though what I saw of the bikes you offer are great deals for that level of bikes. Right now I'm just planning a diy conversion Bafang g310 hub for my daughter's bike and searching for a good torque sensing bb. Thanks

It was just lagging, though what I saw of the bikes you offer are great deals for that level of bikes. Right now I'm just planning a diy conversion Bafang g310 hub for my daughter's bike and searching for a good torque sensing bb. Thanks

Thanks Sage. Appreciate the kind words.

Try here for sensors, parts and resources/installation videos: https://www.ebikes.ca/shop/electric-bicycle-parts/torque-sensors.html

FYI: when I added my Bafang bb torque sensors, it also required an upgrade to their best controller and display to function properly. In all, the upgrade added over $250 to my bike's cost (at cost). Requirements may vary by brand.

I don't know much about the DIY sensors, but if they're programmed according to the wire length they're shipped with, fold the excess up and tie it, don't cut it shorter. They are the "data" lines moving info over a known distance and the wire length is calculated into the programming. When going through LEVA tech certification, a primary rule is: NEVER change the length of the thinner wires (data lines) that run to/from the controller.

Good luck!

Back