PAS Levels on Current

How many MPH does each level of Pedal Assist get you to minimum? For example on my Blix Aveny which is a hub motored ebike:

Level 1 - 8 MPH
Level 2 - 12 MPH
Level 3 - 15 MPH
Level 4 - 18 MPH
Level 5 - 20 MPH

Unmodified does the Priority Current have a corresponding Level to Speed Map? The levels of assist on my Current are class 1. The Blix Aveny was a Class 1/2 bike since it had a throttle. Thank You.

How many MPH does each level of Pedal Assist get you to minimum? For example on my Blix Aveny which is a hub motored ebike:

Level 1 - 8 MPH
Level 2 - 12 MPH
Level 3 - 15 MPH
Level 4 - 18 MPH
Level 5 - 20 MPH

Unmodified does the Priority Current have a corresponding Level to Speed Map? The levels of assist on my Current are class 1. The Blix Aveny was a Class 1/2 bike since it had a throttle. Thank You.
Not really, it does not have a throttle and I couldn’t tell by the info on their website, but the Blix probably has a cadence sensor and not a torque sensor like the Current. With the Current, assistance at each level is based on how much torque you apply to the pedals so much more variable than what I’ve noticed on bikes with cadence sensors. For each level there is probably a fairly consistent speed which you are receiving the maximum assistance allowed for that level which would increase as you up the level. I’ve never seen anything that maps it out and it would be a bit difficult to do as the display does not show any power data like some other e-bikes do. If I had the display from my wife’s Rad on my Current I could probably figure it out.

Can the stock 0-5 be modified via display config to 0-9 for a finer control? Thanks.
I have a torque sensing bike with a setup that allows you to select between 5 and 9 levels. It came set to 5, so I wanted to see what it was like on 9. Didn't take long to figure out that 5 was plenty for my purposes. There just wasn't enough difference between each step. If I were in PAS 1 for instance, and wanted a little more assistance, a switch to PAS 2 was not very noticeable. I would have to go to PAS 3 to get a noticeable change.

Unlike some of the cadence only bikes, where the PAS 1 speeds can frequently be too high for some tastes, and those able to switch to 9 levels can get to a lower speed in PAS 1, my experience would be the torque sensing bikes are different. PAS 1 speeds will be the same or very similar in using 5 or 9 PAS levels - confirmed using a watt meter. My opinion, FWIW. -Al

Back