Ordered a new Domane HP today

The Schwalbe One tires on my new HP are not tubeless ready. More of a gravel race tire. Not what I would choose for this bike. Bought some Conti ebike tires but haven't installed. Some beefy tires. Not ready to go tubeless yet.
Would like to hear a report once you get the Conti's on and ridden for a bit.

The Schwalbe One tires on my new HP are not tubeless ready. More of a gravel race tire. Not what I would choose for this bike. Bought some Conti ebike tires but haven't installed. Some beefy tires. Not ready to go tubeless yet.
The Schwalbe One tires make it very difficult to determine if they are tubeless ready. I expect they are the same as the 2 HP's I have in the garage, and after frustrating research I determined they are tubeless ready and I am running them tubeless on one bike.

The other I am running Specialized Roubaix Pro 2Bliss Ready 700x30/32. On the 25mm ID rims stock on the Domane+ HP these run about 35mm wide. I run them tubeless. They seem to be a good tire at a very competitive price.

The Schwalbe One tires make it very difficult to determine if they are tubeless ready. I expect they are the same as the 2 HP's I have in the garage, and after frustrating research I determined they are tubeless ready and I am running them tubeless on one bike.

The other I am running Specialized Roubaix Pro 2Bliss Ready 700x30/32. On the 25mm ID rims stock on the Domane+ HP these run about 35mm wide. I run them tubeless. They seem to be a good tire at a very competitive price.
"Not all models are tubeless compatible. Tubeless options are designated by "TL Easy or TLE""

So you should see TLE on side wall. "Speed RG" is designation of the tires on my HP. Perhaps a ploy by Trek to sell you tires if you go tubeless.

I thought the Schwalbe sights shows the One tire on the HP's are tubless ready. I am running tubes though as my LBS is not a fan of tubeless on road tires.

You may be correct. I'm going with what the Trek dealer told me. I think they based that on the tire not having TLE or any other indication of being tubeless ready. But here's the entry from Schwalbe site for 35-622:
11601054.0135-622 (700 X 35C)Super Ground, V-Guard TLEAddix SpeedgripBlack

Did some looking on the web and found a picture of this tire that has "SPEED TLE" on the sidewall where mine has "SPEED RC". Makes me think there are 2 versions but find no definitive answer online so far. Sent an email to clarify.

Last edited:
You may be correct. I'm going with what the Trek dealer told me. I think they based that on the tire not having TLE on any other indication of being tubeless ready. But here's the entry from Schwalbe site for 35-622:
11601054.0135-622 (700 X 35C)Super Ground, V-Guard TLEAddix SpeedgripBlack
Thanks! I wonder for anyone who has gone from tubes to tubeless if it helps the ride etc? My mountain bike is tubeless and I have had one flat tire and that was in my garage in almost three years. Just curious

Thanks! I wonder for anyone who has gone from tubes to tubeless if it helps the ride etc? My mountain bike is tubeless and I have had one flat tire and that was in my garage in almost three years. Just curious
Tubeless lets you ride with lower tire pressure which should make for a more comfortable ride. Like you, I've only run tubeless on my mtb.

Schwalbe responded. All of their tubeless ready tires will have either TLE or TLR on them. So the stock tires on my HP are not tubeless ready.

Everything below is qualified by: "in my opinion"
The reason to run tubeless on a bike like this is to avoid fixing flats on the side of the road. Does it improve the ride? Yes ... because you are riding and not having your partners wait or calling for a pickup when you get a flat. That outcome is always a better ride. Does it improve the ride for the Schwalbe 35-622 stock tire? Not much. The stock tires are very thin and compliant and rated for a low pressure (45-70 psi). I don't see a reason to go to a lower pressure for road riding. As they are thin and compliant, you do have a higher risk of a puncture.

Are the Schwalbe 35-622 stock tires tubeless ready? This is not the first tire or tire company to have confusing labeling regarding this, keeping the same model name and changing the spec, or changing the spec and not updating the online info. The information is different online now than when I looked 6 months ago. I determined then that they were, and use them tubeless. Two things are important for tubeless. 1. Do they hold air and not have sealant seep through? 2. Does the bead seat such that it won't roll off without a tube pressing on it?(rim also needs to be compatible in this way). This tire holds air and doesn't seep sealant. It also is a non-folding type with a hard bead that seats very well and hard and I worry more about getting it off when I need than it rolling off while cornering.

So what to do? Simple. Take the tire and tube that came on the bike, remove the valve core of the stem of the tube, pour in some Orange Endurance Sealant (shake well first!), replace the valve core, pump up your tires and enjoy 500 miles of flat free riding before they wear out! Not sure how many miles you will really get, but it will be low. They are thin and soft. Yes, you can add this sealant to a tube. Before anyone responds about weight ... its an e-bike and you won't know the difference.

Everything below is qualified by: "in my opinion"
The reason to run tubeless on a bike like this is to avoid fixing flats on the side of the road. Does it improve the ride? Yes ... because you are riding and not having your partners wait or calling for a pickup when you get a flat. That outcome is always a better ride. Does it improve the ride for the Schwalbe 35-622 stock tire? Not much. The stock tires are very thin and compliant and rated for a low pressure (45-70 psi). I don't see a reason to go to a lower pressure for road riding. As they are thin and compliant, you do have a higher risk of a puncture.

Are the Schwalbe 35-622 stock tires tubeless ready? This is not the first tire or tire company to have confusing labeling regarding this, keeping the same model name and changing the spec, or changing the spec and not updating the online info. The information is different online now than when I looked 6 months ago. I determined then that they were, and use them tubeless. Two things are important for tubeless. 1. Do they hold air and not have sealant seep through? 2. Does the bead seat such that it won't roll off without a tube pressing on it?(rim also needs to be compatible in this way). This tire holds air and doesn't seep sealant. It also is a non-folding type with a hard bead that seats very well and hard and I worry more about getting it off when I need than it rolling off while cornering.

So what to do? Simple. Take the tire and tube that came on the bike, remove the valve core of the stem of the tube, pour in some Orange Endurance Sealant (shake well first!), replace the valve core, pump up your tires and enjoy 500 miles of flat free riding before they wear out! Not sure how many miles you will really get, but it will be low. They are thin and soft. Yes, you can add this sealant to a tube. Before anyone responds about weight ... its an e-bike and you won't know the difference.

I have been following this issue with interest. I purchased my Domane HP+ from my local bike shop 3 months ago. When I looked up the OEM Schwalbe 35-622 G one Speed RG tires online, I believed that these were tubeless ready tires. I might be mistaken, but I even thought I read somewhere in this forum that the OEM tires for this bike were tubeless ready.

I took my wheels into my longtime very experienced bike mechanic who lives closer to where I live, and asked him to convert my wheels to a tubeless configuration. He was also initially led to believe that these tires were tubeless ready. Alas, he was not successful, and finally called the Schwalbe reps who told him that the Schwalbe tires spec'd for that bike were not tubeless compatible. He was surprised as much as I was!

I sent an email to my Trek dealer explaining my situation, and their reply was,

"If the tires that came on your bike do not say TLE on the side they are not the tubeless ready tires. Bikes have been getting shipped with alternate tire options due to availability. I checked the Trek site and they just list Schwalbe G-One Speed that leaves me to believe they are not the TLE version. "

My lesson learned: please check your tire's labels very carefully! The online photos of the Schwalbe G one speed RG tubeless tire look EXACTLY like the tires on my Domane +HP except for ONE thing: it lacks the tiny "TLE" lettering at the end of the tire label! In my opinion this is quite deceptive, as it is very difficult to find a non-tubeless ready Schwalbe G one speed RG tire for retail sale anywhere, including the Schwalbe site!

After telling me the stock tires were not tubeless ready, the Trek store offered to sell me Continental 5000s at $94 a piece. Not gonna pay list for tires, especially on a new bike that should have had tubeless ready in the first place(IMO). Kind of hoped that when I went to pick up the bike (shop had no power for a few days after big storm in Austin) they'd have put on the Contis and set up the rims tubeless just to do a solid for someone buying a $7000 bike. Hahaha. Yeah. That didn't happen.

I bought a pair of spare Schwalbe G-One 27.5 X 2.25 for my Allant+7 bikes. It was my belief the originals are tubeless-compatible. The boxes both say TLE ON THEM. What I don’t know is what the difference in construction might be.

I have been following this issue with interest. I purchased my Domane HP+ from my local bike shop 3 months ago. When I looked up the OEM Schwalbe 35-622 G one Speed RG tires online, I believed that these were tubeless ready tires. I might be mistaken, but I even thought I read somewhere in this forum that the OEM tires for this bike were tubeless ready.

I took my wheels into my longtime very experienced bike mechanic who lives closer to where I live, and asked him to convert my wheels to a tubeless configuration. He was also initially led to believe that these tires were tubeless ready. Alas, he was not successful, and finally called the Schwalbe reps who told him that the Schwalbe tires spec'd for that bike were not tubeless compatible. He was surprised as much as I was!

I sent an email to my Trek dealer explaining my situation, and their reply was,

"If the tires that came on your bike do not say TLE on the side they are not the tubeless ready tires. Bikes have been getting shipped with alternate tire options due to availability. I checked the Trek site and they just list Schwalbe G-One Speed that leaves me to believe they are not the TLE version. "

My lesson learned: please check your tire's labels very carefully! The online photos of the Schwalbe G one speed RG tubeless tire look EXACTLY like the tires on my Domane +HP except for ONE thing: it lacks the tiny "TLE" lettering at the end of the tire label! In my opinion this is quite deceptive, as it is very difficult to find a non-tubeless ready Schwalbe G one speed RG tire for retail sale anywhere, including the Schwalbe site!
This is pretty shocking to me. I will have to look at my tires and see if they have TLE on them.

Btw on a change of subject. How many miles would we expect to get out of our chains? I am wondering if I should order a chain for the end of the summer and with parts being tough to get I am getting a little concerned as the miles rack up on my bike.

Btw on a change of subject. How many miles would we expect to get out of our chains? I am wondering if I should order a chain for the end of the summer and with parts being tough to get I am getting a little concerned as the miles rack up on my bike.
There is going to be a lot of variance in chain life depending on environment, use model, and maintenance. To me, it isn't important to know when it will wear out given you know for sure it will wear out. Anyone with this bike has more than $7,000 into it. It doesn't seem unreasonable to have $100-$200 of consumable spare parts on hand and a proper chain checker tool. Here is what I suggest in order of priority of how fast they wear out:

1. 2 sets of spare brake pads: Shimano L03A (I got about 1300 miles on my front, 1600 on back)
2. Spare 114 link chain: CN-HG701 116 link (I also keep an extra compatible quick link in my ride tool bag)
3. Spare rear brake rotor: RT-EM810 (This is a special one with a magnet integrated for speed pickup, and harder to find)
4. Spare front brake rotor: SM-RT800 (Even if they don't wear fast, you could bend a rotor and be happy to have a spare)

Tools:
Pedro's Chain Checker Plus II (well reviewed. There are other brands/options)
Chain Quick Link Pliers (needed in future to remove quick link)
11 speed compatible chain break tool (Needed as stock chain doesn't have Quick Link)
(Also needed to remove extra links - measure to old chain before removing links and account for the quick link)
Park Tool FR-5.2GT (to replace rotors, can use version without 12mm center guide but it makes it nice to align)
Chain Whip (to replace rotors)

These items don't go bad over time like tire rubber or tubeless sealant so even if they sit for a year or two there is no harm.

Last edited:
There is going to be a lot of variance in chain life depending on environment, use model, and maintenance. To me, it isn't important to know when it will wear out given you know for sure it will wear out. Anyone with this bike has more than $7,000 into it. It doesn't seem unreasonable to have $100-$200 of consumable spare parts on hand and a proper chain checker tool. Here is what I suggest in order of priority of how fast they wear out:

1. 2 sets of spare brake pads (I got about 1300 miles on my front, 1600 on back)
2. Spare chain (I also keep an extra compatible quick link in my ride tool bag)
3. Spare rear brake rotor (This is a special one with a magnet integrated for speed pickup, and harder to find)
4. Spare front brake rotor (Even if they don't wear fast, you could bend a rotor and be happy to have a spare)

These items don't go bad over time like tire rubber or tubeless sealant so even if they sit for a year or two there is no harm.
Thanks and what chain length is correct from Shimano for our bikes? Thanks

Back