Orbea Gain or Scott eRide 30?

Moss

Region
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
I've just joined this group, as I'm looking at the Orbea Gain eBikes. I'm not sure what to buy and concerned about reliability and longevity, especially after reading through some of the posts on the problems with apps, Some seem to have a good deal of faults with these eBikes. Just looking for some positive reviews from OB-e owners. Also looking at the Scott eRide 30. Any help advice or feedback would be appreciated. I'm a road cyclist and getting on a bit now; so time to look at E,road bikes..
Thanks Moss

Look at the brand forums and count the number of posts on known problems thread per brand. Divide by the market share (which is unknown).
Orbea is a major brand and doesn't have a lot of stretched spokes, wobbly wheels, crank arms that wear out in 2000 miles, broken axles etc. Read the posts on brand forum. They have had some software glitches.

Look at the brand forums and count the number of posts on known problems thread per brand. Divide by the market share (which is unknown).
Orbea is a major brand and doesn't have a lot of stretched spokes, wobbly wheels, crank arms that wear out in 2000 miles, broken axles etc. Read the posts on brand forum. They have had some software glitches.
Thanks for replying, Jo, appreciated as I'm researching before I buy an eRoad-Bike.

Hi, Moss. Welcome. I used to sell and support those bikes along with other brands and configurations. It is a hub-drive that can be ghost pedaled and has a very limited range. Also all parts are proprietary and expensive. At least test ride a mid-drive road bike. Also consider a gravel adventure bike. They can still do very well on the road because the tires are hard and more smooth in the center. But they can also do trails, cobbles, and broken pavements where fair weather road bikes cannot venture. Look for an article on Bike Radar. Cheers.

Hi everyone,
I've just joined this group, as I'm looking at the Orbea Gain eBikes. I'm not sure what to buy and concerned about reliability and longevity, especially after reading through some of the posts on the problems with apps, Some seem to have a good deal of faults with these eBikes. Just looking for some positive reviews from OB-e owners. Also looking at the Scott eRide 30. Any help advice or feedback would be appreciated. I'm a road cyclist and getting on a bit now; so time to look at E,road bikes..
Thanks Moss

Most of the road style e-bikes are going to utilize the relatively light weight Ebikemotion system that uses a smaller battery in the downtube and a sleek hub motor our back. The assist power is lower, but the idea is like you're riding with a tailwind. Both of those bikes you listed have that drive system so does the Bianchi Aria E-Road or E-Impulso if you want to run bigger tires.

What size road bike are you riding now?

This thread interests me because I'm considering purchasing a light e-road/gravel bike this year.
I now ride a Cannondale Topstone Neo Lefty 3 e-gravel bike and like it, but I find that at 40 lbs it's on the heavy side. I also ride a Defy carbon road bike that weighs 18 lbs.

I'm considering replacing my e-gravel bike with a much lighter model-something in the 26 to 28 lb.
I am considering a bike with the Mahle motor hub drive, but I am also interested in the new mid drive TQ motor that is available on the Trek Domane+ and the Scott Solace.

I'd love to see a comparison between the new Mahle motor and TQ motor. Both seem to be in the same price range.

Back