Options for clip-on kickstand?

Looking forward to your feedback
I'm quite impressed with the quality and price point. I tried very hard to bend the stand, it won't fail.
Nicely packaged and really a nice finish and shock-corded sections. Not sure how sturdy the mounting bracket will be but I probably will stow it in a pannier.

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 3.26.15 PM.png

I'm quite impressed with the quality and price point. I tried very hard to bend the stand, it won't fail.
Nicely packaged and really a nice finish and shock-corded sections. Not sure how sturdy the mounting bracket will be but I probably will stow it in a pannier.

View attachment 45998

Can you please give details on how it mounts to your axle? I'm not sure whether it would fit my bike.

Can you please give details on how it mounts to your axle? I'm not sure whether it would fit my bike.
Just take a 14” piece of wood or rod and guesstimate whether it will fit, or order from Amazon and return if not usable. I get free shipping and returns. Wasn’t it Luna that did a install video in this thread?

The only other consideration is whether you have a quick release skewer or a thru-axle. It looks like the Corki only comes with one "tab," which is for the quick release skewer, while the Luna comes with two (when it's available, anyway). Maybe you could drill it out if you needed...

Just take a 14” piece of wood or rod and guesstimate whether it will fit, or order from Amazon and return if not usable. I get free shipping and returns. Wasn’t it Luna that did a install video in this thread?

Yes, I have a thru axel MTB with quick release. Does that disqualify me for this kickstand?

Don't suppose you asked them how thick it is? I was going to buy this some time back but when I look at my thru-axle on the threaded side it extends out past the limit of the split axle by an 1/8" maybe tad more than that. Visually the tab for the Luna stand looks thicker which worries me that the thru-axle will no longer extend fully through the split axle.

Similar stand I found on Amazon. Do a search for corki mtb stand. Says it can support 40 kg, or 88 lbs. $21 US

View attachment 45867

Nice find... let's not forget the Carbon Fiber version for the weight weenies... ;)

Good land! Luna copied someone else again! Corgi looks nice and two sizes. 10" and 14". Stainless steel instead of Luna aluminum. Interesting Corki adds a "portable storage buckle". Also claim they have a patent. But China never worries about that!

I imagine this a good solution for single track bikes.

Ordered the amazon 14" will report back!

I don't think so, we have a lot like the Corgi one here in Japan... some steel, some aluminum, some carbon fiber.. but all are light duty compared to the peg leg. The Peg Leg is not foldable, but it is designed for the motorcycle like heavy eBikes luna sells. I have several of the other ones similar to the picture above, but I use the peg leg on my Panasonic XM-D2 ebike, which is 25Kg. It works great, but that said now after 2 years, the part that goes in the though axle is getting a bit bent. I'll have to bend it back with a hammer or something, or ask them to sell me a new one.

Another thing to consider, most of the alternatives don't have through axel rings, only QuickConnect.

Good land! Luna copied someone else again! Corgi looks nice and two sizes. 10" and 14". Stainless steel instead of Luna aluminum. Interesting Corki adds a "portable storage buckle". Also claim they have a patent. But China never worries about that!

I imagine this a good solution for single track bikes.

Ordered the amazon 14" will report back!
Also, I think the "original" of this type of stand was UpStand.

BTW I bought the Luna stand, and it worked great.. until the tab broke. They don't sell just the tabs, and in fact they don't sell the peg leg anymore.

I don't think Corki is an OEM or actually manufactures anything, they just sell the same thing that 100 other companies do. More to the point, the link above seemed to be for QuickRelease, not ThruAxel, as are 95% of similar items you'll find online.

I was able to find the same thing on AliExpress, with 12.4mm thru Axel.

This arrived, and worked fine for about 6 months, until it broke. (I bought the non-folding steel one with the 12.4 tab)
The reason it breaks is not strictly due to strength, but stress. Sometimes you will be on flat terrain, and sometimes it will be at an angle, so you need a steeper or flatter angle. You can adjust the stand angle by bending the tab, but it can only bend so many times until it breaks.

This means buying a new stand every time.
(The steel stand that comes with this link above was plenty strong for my 26kg ebike - but if it's relatively vertical, I suppose it isn't actually supporting much of that weight anyway). The Luna stand is even heavier duty, but I haven't tried to use the Corki tabs with the Luna stand.

A US company called Upstand sells a similar product (and claim to be the original..), and they DO sell tabs separately, including thru axel ones - but I have ordered and emailed several times, with never a proper reply or anything arriving - so after 2 or 3 times, I give up on them. It shouldn't be so difficult to order something. (At least I don't think they charged my credit card).

Still. other than the need to replace the tab every 6 months or so, the solution works well, so I am in the process of negotiating with the seller at the link above to buy a few dozen tabs only.

I also sometimes use the Topeak FAT stand, but It is harder to balance, and I have managed to break one already. (I wish they had an all metal version).

Oh I forgot to mention, depending on your bike, the following might work:
This requires bottle mounts on your uptube, or you need to add them with something like this:

This is actually more stable and compact, but perhaps more ugly - and it might scratch your paint depending on the details of how you mount it.

Back