ONYX is bringing mopeds back in style with US-built 60 mph electric bikes

oh NO! They're not meant for peddling silly goose.
Well, to be an e-bike they have to actually be able to be pedalled, so they are a scooter as everybody is saying. There are cases where I live where people are being nailed for riding scooters that are being sold as e-bikes because they have pedals. The pedals are no better than simply cosmetic to 'qualify as an e-bike'. The riders are being nailed for not having insurance, registration, etc. Never mind they exceed legal e-bike speed levels. The owners are crying because they were told they were sold an e-bike. CN

If it has pedals it's an ebike.
Where I'm at we abide by 1 horse power ratings. Federal standards to register our ebikes is a simple solution. When registering one's ebike on the application form write down 500w for ebike.
$30 will get you a permanent decal for your bike to be ridden on any bike ways.
No need for insurance, rider must have a valid License tho.
Shees we got kids under 15 where they are required to wear a helmet on ebike and we don't enforce it.
Everyone pretty much knows their limitations on an ebike.
Anything more than 1 horse power it has to be registered as a recreational vehicle for instance you cannot ride your dirt bikes to the track or trails if you dirt bikes are not registered with the county you are in.
Not here as I understand it. The issue with these scooters is the pedals are not even usable if you wanted to really use it pedalling, for example, in the event of having a dead battery. I guess it's the position they are mounted on the 'bike', making them essentially cosmetic, so they can be 'called' e-bikes. CN

Back