On/ off Switch and assist level switch not working

Fraas

Region
Europe
Hi,
After some noise in my BBS02 motor i changed some bearings, did new lubrication and now sounds good again.
But after the repair, i experience some strange things. The BBS02 is switched on automatically when i press the switch on the battery itself. I cannot power it down with the on/ off switch and cannot change the assist levels (its stuck in 1). I have never had any issues with the display or whatever (C961).
Does anyone has a clue what can be wrong? For the rest the motor is working fine (throttle, and pedel assist in 1)
Thank you in advance!

Hi Tomjasz,
It could be that i damaged the PAS PCB / or that grease came onto the PCB.
But, is it possible when you damage the PAS PCB, that for example the on/off switch is not working anymore, and cannot switch between pas levels?

Sadly the only way I can sort is by trying a replacement. But yes it could create electronic gremlins.

I'm going to replace it.
Thank you very much for the suggestion. I will let you know the result!

Hi Tomjasz,

You are the best! I cleaned the PAS/ PCB and now its working fine, I'm very happy! I put to much grease in the motor and came onto the PCB.
I really did not expect the PAS to be the problem, i almost started to replace other parts.

Like a broken clock, right twice a day. My BBSxx motors had a lot of gremlins to come to terms with. Once done I hope we don’t lose the current simplicity to the new all in one kits.

Yes you are right. With the canbus and meer software it will be more complex in the future i think.

Like a broken clock, right twice a day. My BBSxx motors had a lot of gremlins to come to terms with. Once done I hope we don’t lose the current simplicity to the new all in one kits.
storm.gif
Santo Bafango strikes again!
storm.gif

Back