OK- it is official: the used bike market is INSANE

MAPC

I just posted, on Facebook Marketplace, a 12 year old Cannondale Adventure (analog bike). All guides say it is worth $100. I put it on for $200. TWELVE emails in 10 min.......multiple offers and people clamoring to 'be the first one here'.

CRAZY!!!

I just posted, on Facebook Marketplace, a 12 year old Cannondale Adventure (analog bike). All guides say it is worth $100. I put it on for $200. TWELVE emails in 10 min.......multiple offers and people clamoring to 'be the first one here'.

CRAZY!!!
Yep. I sold a 6yr old analog bike I bought for $420 at 10:30PM and it was sold for $300 next morning at 8:00AM.

I now have 3 offers over asking price. I am blown away. First buyer (full ask) is coming in 15 min. Back up #1 is $250, Back up #2 said 'he'd match any other offer'......C R A Z Y....it is a 12 year old 8 speed bike!

Can I see the bike?
I now have 3 offers over asking price. I am blown away. First buyer (full ask) is coming in 15 min. Back up #1 is $250, Back up #2 said 'he'd match any other offer'......C R A Z Y....it is a 12 year old 8 speed bike!

Attachments

• 13751F4F-54BB-43ED-848C-34220CEF66B7.jpeg
    13751F4F-54BB-43ED-848C-34220CEF66B7.jpeg
    474 KB · Views: 522
Are bicycles supplies really not meeting the demand?

If you walk into the bike store, or even Walmart, do they not have anything in stock?

I know there are ebike shortages, but for normal bikes too?
They do not. I won’t say ‘everywhere’ but most places are wiped out. A guy who works for me and lice in Brooklyn wanted a bike. His LBS had 3.

I had people texting me that said they keep FB Marketplace open on their desktop so that they don’t miss things. And they missed mine.

Last edited:

CRAZY!!!
Could have gotten even more for it if the trim color on your seat would have been Crimson as opposed to Dove Grey...

Could have gotten even more for it if the trim color on your seat would have been Crimson as opposed to Dove Grey...
When I rode downtown two old guys had set up an easyup (popup pavilion) in their front yard with a couple dozen old bikes they refurbed under it and cars parked clear down the block ...

Yep, when we went ebike shopping last week, the bigger bike shop told us our 2 Electra Townie 7Ds from 2009 should bring $300-400 each even in Dallas/Ft. Worth. didn’t believe because that’s range of what we paid, then saw two on craigslist SOLD for $800, including bike rack very much like the Swagman XC2 going with them once we clean up and offer.

in the local Ny market there are around 300analogs for sale bet. 250-1100$ .
Someone could buy a dozen and resell them 2-3x in other states. Here there are still many good deals to be found...lots of riders in Ny area

in the local Ny market there are around 300analogs for sale bet. 250-1100$ .
Someone could buy a dozen and resell them 2-3x in other states. Here there are still many good deals to be found...lots of riders in Ny area
Most of my interested parties were from NYC and were ready to come out to CT to buy mine. Bikes are very hard to find in NYC right now.

I'm not seeing this demand for bikes in eastern Pennsylvania. There are plenty of ads in local papers for good used bikes at $100 or less.

Back