Buyer Beware - 2 month old bike, leaking brakes and Biktrix says "wear and tear"

I looked at Biktrix before I bought (and NOT Biktrix) and decided it was too high a price for what you got.
I wanted to support a 'Canadian company' but there was no way I was going to pay what they wanted.
I recall wanting to upgrade a few things and the price went up from there. No way.
I felt the same way about Rize. Expensive and crap support.
Screw the warranty's fine print. Put decent components on it if they are going to fail that soon.
Do what's right. CN
I concur
This is a case of putting the cheapest hydraulic brakes on it for the sake of saying it has hydraulic brakes.
The customer would be better served with a quality set of cable pull hydraulic calipers in lieu of cheap s*it or over priced upgrades.

I concur
This is a case of putting the cheapest hydraulic brakes on it for the sake of saying it has hydraulic brakes.
The customer would be better served with a quality set of cable pull hydraulic calipers in lieu of cheap s*it or over priced upgrades.
actually they usually cost more then full on hydraulic.

I looked at Biktrix before I bought (and NOT Biktrix) and decided it was too high a price for what you got.
I wanted to support a 'Canadian company' but there was no way I was going to pay what they wanted.
I recall wanting to upgrade a few things and the price went up from there. No way.
I felt the same way about Rize. Expensive and crap support.
Screw the warranty's fine print. Put decent components on it if they are going to fail that soon.
Do what's right. CN
What did you end up with ?

you forgot the cost of new levers and housing too and a bike that's not designed for mechanical brakes.
No I didn't forget them... The discussion was that they would be better off installing them from the get go then putting the cheapest hydraulic for the sake of being able to say hydraulic. Which means that they could also use standard less expensive levers from the beginning.
Try to follow your own arguments 🤣

No I didn't forget them... The discussion was that they would be better off installing them from the get go then putting the cheapest hydraulic for the sake of being able to say hydraulic. Which means that they could also use standard less expensive levers from the beginning.
Try to follow your own arguments 🤣
Installing a very oddball brake type? That’s not usually a good choice. From all the people I heard that use them they are only a little more powerful then cable and only if use you good housing.

wow those should fit on my bike. thanks for that. but hey maybe with a angle grinder and cutoff wheel you can make them work for you?
No... point being you spending $36 on a single pair of bike brake pads is just bending over AND saying thank you 😘

No... point being you spending $36 on a single pair of bike brake pads is just bending over AND saying thank you 😘
well the Point is my brakes save my life and I am not trusting my life to some unknown item that came from some unknown manufacturer from a slow boat from china. Sorry that's your choice not mine I ride a crap ton more then you and I ride a crap ton more hills then you and its just not worth saving a few dollars. I want my brakes reliable on hills in the rain and in the rain on the hills. What I love is you're complaining about these poor guys quality of brakes while recommending those same quality of pads. when you can show me How they work on a 400 pound tandem on a 20% grade then let me know.

Of course bicycle stuff costs more that’s typical of such things but it’s a hell of a lot cheaper then not riding and not being healthy.

well the Point is my brakes save my life and I am not trusting my life to some unknown item that came from some unknown manufacturer from a slow boat from china. Sorry that's your choice not mine I ride a crap ton more then you and I ride a crap ton more hills then you and its just not worth saving a few dollars. I want my brakes reliable on hills in the rain and in the rain on the hills. What I love is you're complaining about these poor guys quality of brakes while recommending those same quality of pads. when you can show me How they work on a 400 pound tandem on a 20% grade then let me know.
Who cares what you do... 99% of the bike riding world isn't riding a 400lb tandem terd down a mountain.
Point is you can put on better brakes that cost less than the crap the op's bike came with... It just doesn't the lure of "hydraulic"
And this is where you are stuck.. Everything good doesn't have to cost the most. If you think those "gold" pads cost anywhere near automobile pads cost, not to mention the testing and certification involved with automobile equipment you live in a fantasy world.
The brakes I mentioned aren't oddball... Maybe just to you as your nose is always up looking at the most expensive top shelf stuff that the LBS just loves peddling to the brochure reading crowd

Last edited:
Who cares what you do... 99% of the bike riding world isn't riding a 400lb tandem terd down a mountain.
Point is you can put on better brakes that cost less than the crap the op's bike came with... It just doesn't the lure of "hydraulic"
And this is where you are stuck.. Everything good doesn't have to cost the most. If you think those "gold" pads cost anywhere near automobile pads cost, not to mention the testing and certification involved with automobile equipment you live in a fantasy world.
wow ok then. They could have put on coaster brakes too right? maybe a drag brake? the companies do what will sell their bikes that's the whole point.
the guy has problem brakes and your going on that the bike should have come with oddball brakes. ya they could have put mechanical brakes on but they chose not too. Now he has to replace them with hydraulic brakes because thats how the bike is built. I recommended those pads because they cost less then Shimano pads and last longer. but you have to go on about car brake pads. I get it your cheap and you love to try to rub it in. Myself I don't buy the best but I also don't by unknown product when my life is on the line. Guess what others worry about their quality of brakes too. it just seems mail order e bikes don't have them. just like cheap bikes at Walmart and such.

wow ok then. They could have put on coaster brakes too right? maybe a drag brake? the companies do what will sell their bikes that's the whole point.
the guy has problem brakes and your going on that the bike should have come with oddball brakes. ya they could have put mechanical brakes on but they chose not too. Now he has to replace them with hydraulic brakes because thats how the bike is built. I recommended those pads because they cost less then Shimano pads and last longer. but you have to go on about car brake pads. I get it your cheap and you love to try to rub it in. Myself I don't buy the best but I also don't by unknown product when my life is on the line. Guess what others worry about their quality of brakes too. it just seems mail order e bikes don't have them. just like cheap bikes at Walmart and such.
Obtuse to the end... But at least you're consistent 😘

Let it go @fooferdoggie
He is probably a broken dick DIY member.
That has not bought a factory tuned ebike.
And if I may add, probably being ignored by his wife. So he has to vent here.
Dr. Phil. Is what @Gionnirocket needs.
No need for Dr. Phil as I got your wife paying me plenty of attention... and she likes it when I ride her No Breaks!
Now we're talking about wear and tear and leaking fluid! 🤣
She even pays for the $500 upgrade... Know what I mean Mr. @Rome

Last edited:
Back