Buyer Beware - 2 month old bike, leaking brakes and Biktrix says "wear and tear"

wow ok then. They could have put on coaster brakes too right? maybe a drag brake? the companies do what will sell their bikes that's the whole point.
the guy has problem brakes and your going on that the bike should have come with oddball brakes. ya they could have put mechanical brakes on but they chose not too. Now he has to replace them with hydraulic brakes because thats how the bike is built. I recommended those pads because they cost less then Shimano pads and last longer. but you have to go on about car brake pads. I get it your cheap and you love to try to rub it in. Myself I don't buy the best but I also don't by unknown product when my life is on the line. Guess what others worry about their quality of brakes too. it just seems mail order e bikes don't have them. just like cheap bikes at Walmart and such.
What is a drag brake? I remember back in the day brakes were never an issue, to stop the rear wheel was locked and fishtailing,never used a coaster brake enough to see if it had any fade resistance, the construction was rather simple with brass or bronze"stopper thingys" The steeper the hill the better( more terminal velocity) perhaps God makes exceptions for Low IQ, youth,DA and sometimes drunks.
OTH I do like the idea of the hydraulic caliper for the simple reason of both pads working simultanously. You do not suppose that the OP accidentally pulled a lever with a wheel off? If the seal was bypassed it may have never had a chance to reseat correctly. I am on OP's side though,I consider sub $4000 high priced.

What is a drag brake? I remember back in the day brakes were never an issue, to stop the rear wheel was locked and fishtailing,never used a coaster brake enough to see if it had any fade resistance, the construction was rather simple with brass or bronze"stopper thingys" The steeper the hill the better( more terminal velocity) perhaps God makes exceptions for Low IQ, youth,DA and sometimes drunks.
OTH I do like the idea of the hydraulic caliper for the simple reason of both pads working simultanously. You do not suppose that the OP accidentally pulled a lever with a wheel off? If the seal was bypassed it may have never had a chance to reseat correctly. I am on OP's side though,I consider sub $4000 high priced.
its like a coaster brake but not as strong Mostly seen on tandems back I the day to help slow them on long decent. Had a strap on my bag jam on my rear wheel and had a classic coaster brake man I was doing 30 mph when the back locked up it was crazy.

"Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances."

That's how I feel. I have a different brand (Ride1Up) inbound, due to be delivered today. I read the warranty and returns statement on their website, and I know I'm tossing the dice, but I decided I wanted a LMT'D and that was that. It probably will hurt the pocketbook if there are problems with the bike, I know. I had to accept that before I placed the order.

And my pocketbook is already hurting, since they dropped the price $150 two days after I ordered. 😩 But what right do I have to complain? "Them's the breaks."

wow ok then. They could have put on coaster brakes too right? maybe a drag brake? the companies do what will sell their bikes that's the whole point.
the guy has problem brakes and your going on that the bike should have come with oddball brakes. ya they could have put mechanical brakes on but they chose not too. Now he has to replace them with hydraulic brakes because thats how the bike is built. I recommended those pads because they cost less then Shimano pads and last longer. but you have to go on about car brake pads. I get it your cheap and you love to try to rub it in. Myself I don't buy the best but I also don't by unknown product when my life is on the line. Guess what others worry about their quality of brakes too. it just seems mail order e bikes don't have them. just like cheap bikes at Walmart and such.

dude - did you not get the memo? this is america in the 21st century. stupid is “smart,” crappy is “good”

😂

Naaa... It's still ignorance. Populism is just it's bastard stepchild.
Just about everyone in this country must be ignorant, then, because populism is (and long has been) the basic driving force in US politics. Each party demonizes the other, and the most popular candidates get the most votes (usually) and get elected even though those voters can never really know for sure what is in the minds and hearts of the candidates. The same was true in ancient Rome, where Julius won the hearts and minds of the populace to become Caesar and proved himself to be a capable leader, but he was unable to weed out all the corrupt politicians and they successfully conspired to kill him. This is the nature of democratic republics; power corrupts.

Just about everyone in this country must be ignorant, then, because populism is (and long has been) the basic driving force in US politics. Each party demonizes the other, and the most popular candidates get the most votes (usually) and get elected even though those voters can never really know for sure what is in the minds and hearts of the candidates. The same was true in ancient Rome, where Julius won the hearts and minds of the populace to become Caesar and proved himself to be a capable leader, but he was unable to weed out all the corrupt politicians and they successfully conspired to kill him. This is the nature of democratic republics; power corrupts.
You're not going to get an argument from me.

Back