Odometer resets to "zero" when powering on!

Snick

Region
USA
Due to having a faulty EDS power switch on my Specialized 3.0 Como e-bike, I had it replaced by Erik's. Now each time the bike is powered "off" and than "on" the odometer resets itself to zero. Specialized support suggested a firmware update which I had done but it didn't correct the problem. Specialized and Erik's are stumped. Anyone have a suggestion?

What does Mission Control read for Odometer?
Thanks for the reply Stefan! I'll let you know what mission control reads when I get the bike back from Erik's bike shop in a few days. Although Erik's wasn't sure why my odometer was zeroing itself, they did just tell me that they checked the new models on the floor and they were doing the same thing. My Como is a 2019 and I never had this problem prior to having the EDS replaced. You suppose that unknowingly, Specialized has changed something?

Is it the Odometer or the Daily Trip meter? The odometer shall never be reset as that's a motor property! Resetting the daily trip meter is a glitch.

Is it the Odometer or the Daily Trip meter? The odometer shall never be reset as that's a motor property! Resetting the daily trip meter is a glitch.
The Daily Trip meter resets on it's own. Guess I have never check the actual odometer. I will when I get the bike back.

The Daily Trip meter resets on it's own.
That must be really annoying! I have noticed recently the Daily Trip meter in my older Vado 5.0 started resetting itself as well. Worse, as that e-bike hasn't got any software updates for a very long time, and the behaviour is inconsistent. Not that I care very much. I ride with a Wahoo ELEMNT bike computer connected to the Vado by ANT+ (and that's my primary display nowadays). I also keep BLEvo smartphone app connected to my Specialized e-bikes with the ride recording/e-bike monitoring activated for any longer trip. Still, the erratic behaviour of the display is worrying.

That must be really annoying! I have noticed recently the Daily Trip meter in my older Vado 5.0 started resetting itself as well. Worse, as that e-bike hasn't got any software updates for a very long time, and the behaviour is inconsistent. Not that I care very much. I ride with a Wahoo ELEMNT bike computer connected to the Vado by ANT+ (and that's my primary display nowadays). I also keep BLEvo smartphone app connected to my Specialized e-bikes with the ride recording/e-bike monitoring activated for any longer trip. Still, the erratic behaviour of the display is worrying.
Thanks for all of your input Stefan. I'm thinking that "it is what it is" and will have to live with it. Since I was told that all the newer models that Erik's had on their show floor did the same thing, I believe something has changed with Specialized, either parts or workmanship creating this issue. Specialized is either unaware of the issue or they don't have a fix. We have Lectric Folding e-bikes as well and both bikes trip odometer reset each time the bikes are re-powered. I believe that was intended. Thanks again!

As I know Specialized, the fix will be available in some future. Only check the Diagnostics in Mission Control occasionally: you will be informed about the software updates.

Now I find out that following setting the correct time on the clock display on the TCD, it resets back to "12:28" each and every time the power is recycled on and off. Recapping my issues, since Erik's Bike Repair replaced a faulty EDS power switch and TDS on my Specialized 3.0 Como e-bike, each time the power is recycled on and off the daily trip meter resets to "0" and clock display on the TCD resets to "12:28". I wonder the significance of the "12:28" that the current time reverts to? Could in be the actual time that the the replacement TDS was actually installed? Unfortunately, since this has been an "on going" problem and we are coming off our Winter season when we don't ride bikes, my warranty has expired and Specialized is hesitating on standing behind the continued issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Try replacing the battery in the computer display case. There is a small CR1220 battery in the display case. Access it by twisting display case 90 degrees clockwise and pull it off. Replacing the battery fixed the issue on my bike.

Also, there is a “low bat” indicator on the display that refers to this little battery not to be confused with the main battery that powers the bike. That should tell you if your battery is low, but I would change it out regardless. Good luck.

Try replacing the battery in the computer display case. There is a small CR1220 battery in the display case. Access it by twisting display case 90 degrees clockwise and pull it off. Replacing the battery fixed the issue on my bike.

Also, there is a “low bat” indicator on the display that refers to this little battery not to be confused with the main battery that powers the bike. That should tell you if your battery is low, but I would change it out regardless. Good luck.
Thanks for the comments. My problem has been resolved. It was a faulty TCD and/or computer system. Once replaced all works fine.

Back