Odd ride ST2

Phanes

So yesterday I took the bike down to the store to get some odds and ends. It is only 8 miles round trip and with no baby I usually have it on 3 the whole time. Anywho the bike was just flying along a lot easier and faster than normal. I figured the brakes had finally bedded and where no longer rubbing making it easier to pedal. When I took the bike off the charger it was only at 96% which was odd. When I finished the ride it was at 45%. Usually that ride by myself only burns about 20%.

I just chocked it up to break in period type thing. Has anyone else experienced this?

A couple of comments. While it is true that brake pads required some bedding-in so that they mate with the rotors properly, you should also check to make sure that the rotors are not touching the brake pads. 99% of the new bikes we see need some minor rotor or caliper adjustment to make sure they are aligned properly. The second comment is that you should charge your bike overnight and check battery charge level. If you are not at 100% you may either have a bad battery or more likely a bad charger. If the problem remains, ask you shop to use their charger to charge your battery and see what results. We've seem bad batteries and chargers,,,,,not too frequently but it does happen.

The pads did rub at one spot but when I took it in to my dealer he said they will rub a bit if it is still doing it at 200 or so miles to bring it back and he would adjust them.

The pads did rub at one spot but when I took it in to my dealer he said they will rub a bit if it is still doing it at 200 or so miles to bring it back and he would adjust them.
This should have been taken care of before you ever received your bike. Not good service in my opinion. We sometimes even bleed new systems if they don't feel right. This is the extra mile good service techs go to to make sure you have a great riding experience.

So yesterday I took the bike down to the store to get some odds and ends. It is only 8 miles round trip and with no baby I usually have it on 3 the whole time. Anywho the bike was just flying along a lot easier and faster than normal. I figured the brakes had finally bedded and where no longer rubbing making it easier to pedal. When I took the bike off the charger it was only at 96% which was odd. When I finished the ride it was at 45%. Usually that ride by myself only burns about 20%.

I just chocked it up to break in period type thing. Has anyone else experienced this?
Phanes, the folks from Stromer have stressed the importance of an uninterrupted charge cycle. They strongly suggest you charge the bike in the OFF state. Not sure what your procedure for charging is but that might be the first test to conduct.

Phanes, the folks from Stromer have stressed the importance of an uninterrupted charge cycle. They strongly suggest you charge the bike in the OFF state. Not sure what your procedure for charging is but that might be the first test to conduct.

What I do is plug the charger in make sure I get the correct lights then plug the charger into the bike. The bike is shut off. I then check it in the morning. If it is at 100% I take if off the charger. I did read in another thread the 96% and then quick battery drop is a firmware gremlin that Stromer is aware of and are fixing in their next patch.

I have had the same issue numerous times with regards the 96% Just recently I had it stick at 85%. That wasn't much of an issue on the day as I use around 55% of my charge on the way to work. That is using Level 3 all the way and averaging 33.5 km/h. One 10 km stretch with lots of stop starts. I hope the update resolves this issue as well as the drive error which rears its ugly head at some odd times. Does anyone else ever get the motor over temp warning?

I have got the HEAT warning a few times. I let the bike rest for a few minutes and it goes off and the bike is back to normal.

On my 2013 ST1 Platinum - I got 94% when my battery was fully charged for two years, then a few months ago it only registered arounf 85%, and then a few weeks later would only register 45%, then a few days later 15% and as soon as I started to ride it it would shut off because the bike shuts off when you get down that low to save the battery. It's too bad, but when your battery starts to drop below the 80% - you need to start saving for a new battery. I finally bought a new 14.5 Ah battery and now it's back to 100%

Back