Ocean Current - initial impressions

After 50 miles on the bike... all in all my feelings are positive. With the cross current s and its upgrades kinda having that slight tinge of buyers regret... but eh I wasn't sure I'd enjoy riding e-bikes at all when I ordered the ocean current.. and I was in the "dont want a road-bike" phase.. now I'm in the "wish I had more power and speed."

Anyhow, when I received the bike, there was minor rear-rotor damage (had to bend it back in) and one of the electronics connectors was loose (bike did not come to life until I checked all the connections). Other than that, in excellent condition, and included (at least according to the sticker) a slightly larger battery than ordered (the website has since been updated). Put around 40 miles on before I felt the desire to recharge (sadly dont have a fancy charger to verify AH / WH ).

Not having used any other e-bike, and of course obstensibly the desire was something that could get me exercising on a regular basis (knee just cant take jogging, running, etc), and maybe occasionally commute to work (sadly the area is kinda .. not bike friendly... apparently the whole state of florida is pretty bad... and I think we rank 2nd in the nation of fatalties, I know we're way up there with auto-peds).

I hope Juiced Bikes will release new fender and rack kits... I wanted both, but both were sold out, so I ordered the same fenders from planet bike, but its obvious that juiced bikes must have been done some modifications... as even if some tweaking and few parts from a local home-store, still get rubbing. (Ironically juiced bikes has removed the fenders from their store all together). Probably just more "should have gone with the cross current s" in the back of mind. I know in the cross current S promo there is some talk of jucied making their own rack.... hopefully we'll see something.

But all in all I am happy. Been out every other day to ride since I got it, until we had rain-poculus (6 inches one day, 4 the following).

Since Juiced now is not selling the fenders I ordered with the bike, I need some help finding fenders to fit the 2.35 tires of the Ocean Current. Any ideas?

ordered the same fenders from planet bike, but its obvious that juiced bikes must have been done some modifications... as even if some tweaking and few parts from a local home-store, still get rubbing.

I talked to Juiced who told me Planet Bike wouldn't sell them the fenders anymore since they put them on "ebikes". I asked PB which fenders would fit 2.35 and they said they didn't sell fenders that would fit that size tire. I bought Zefal No Mud which fit and were easy to install.

ordered the same fenders from planet bike, but its obvious that juiced bikes must have been done some modifications... as even if some tweaking and few parts from a local home-store, still get rubbing.

I talked to Juiced who told me Planet Bike wouldn't sell them the fenders anymore since they put them on "ebikes". I asked PB which fenders would fit 2.35 and they said they didn't sell fenders that would fit that size tire. I bought Zefal No Mud which fit and were easy to install.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

New member here. Just got my OC two days ago. I'm a 64 year old male and in fair shape but over weight. I bought this bike for casual riding and exercise. I really like the upright riding position and the feel of the torque sensor as opposed to just a cadence sensor. My area here is lots of hills, some pretty steep. This bike on these hills make you work, just what I need and wanted, but go up the hills fine with the right gear and turbo setting on the steeper ones. I find that the bike picks up speed fast coasting down the hills, 30 mph on my gps is fast enough. Also I'm finding on the flats I just want to go fast, because I can. Topped out at 25 without trying too hard. So much for casual riding. So, I really am enjoying this bike. I ordered online and it arrived in good condition. Just some small adjustments on the brakes. Watched tutorials on Juiced website, and the wheels turned freely with no rubbing. Another bonus is that I've already lost 5 lbs without any changes to lifestyle but riding.

Tires ride super nice and fast, very little resistance and the rack came from planet bike. Had to do some customizing to the rack. If I could get some cooperation from juiced it would be a super nice bike but unfortunately it doesn't look like that is going to happen so I may have to take matters into my own hands.
I thought they were going to send the updated frame and controller. It would take some effort but worth it.

If they don't help me out I'll probably get in touch with grin tech, actually it's ebike.ca. I'm already building another bike and I'm using some of their stuff.
That's cool. I wouldn't have the know how to do that. It would be a lot cheaper to bring your OC up to spec. I like mine a lot. Even steep hills are easy in the right gear and power setting, but must pedal and I don't expect to zoom. Beats pushing and some hills around here very steep. Plus l'm 250 lbs.

I got a CCS a bit more than a week ago, spent a couple days dialing it in to fit. Now I'm so impressed I
couldn't wait to check out the Ocean Current. The CCS is a GREAT general use bike, but with beaches all
around me, the Ocean seems like real alternative to fat bikes on the beach. The small block 8 tires look
like they were made for sand. I'm so tempted now to spring for an OC. I'd get the standard batpak since
the CCS already has a 21ah which is interchangeable with the OC. I could swap'em back & forth to suit
the given ride. Help me out; I'm trying hard to justify spending the money. (that & the fact my wife
would freak if i got another bike. Do you think 6 is too many?)

Last edited:
Tires ride super nice and fast, very little resistance and the rack came from planet bike. Had to do some customizing to the rack. If I could get some cooperation from juiced it would be a super nice bike but unfortunately it doesn't look like that is going to happen so I may have to take matters into my own hands.

Realistically, I think there will always be a need for a certain amount of personalization with any bike. They never come
off the rack exactly the way you want one. Half the fun is making it uniquely your bike.

You may be able to get the upgrade now. I would request the same motor, controller, and LCD display as the ccs or at least the controller and LCD . If not, trust me and wait.
[/QUOTE]

That is what I plan to do; there's no rush with the winter storms comimg to the Pacific Northwest. Then too I need to find
a way to gently get 'round my wife. :0)

I got a CCS a bit more than a week ago, spent a couple days dialing it in to fit. Now I'm so impressed I
couldn't wait to check out the Ocean Current. The CCS is a GREAT general use bike, but with beaches all
around me, the Ocean seems like real alternative to fat bikes on the beach. The small block 8 tires look
like they were made for sand. I'm so tempted now to spring for an OC. I'd get the standard batpak since
the CCS already has a 21ah which is interchangeable with the OC. I could swap'em back & forth to suit
the given ride. Help me out; I'm trying hard to justify spending the money. (that & the fact my wife
would freak if i got another bike. Do you think 6 is too many?)
John, I've had mine a little over a week now. I ride it every day. They have the same motor and controller as the CCAir, so a little less than the CCS. I find the power is good and l like the upright riding position. The LED display is easy to use, and is not a deal breaker for me. There are after market bike computers that you can use to display speed, miles and other useful information. I mounted an E- Trex 20 gps, runs on batteries and displays all the information I need. I've had this gps for a few years (for hiking) so didn't have to buy it just for the OC.
This bike is good for casual riding but if you need to go fast it will do that to.

My Ocean Current has an extra electrical cable coming out from under the steering stem with a cap on it.
Does anyone know if this cable can be used to power a headlight?

Back